PDA

View Full Version : Florida Powerboat Club

314joey
09-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Some cool rides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xheHwWmqnHo

Stainless
09-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Crap, can't get it to play on my worn out i4, I'll watch it on PC tomorrow.
Met Stu and his wife at DS, shipped their boat out to Havasu one year. Great couple!

CH3NO2

HB Vic
09-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Very cool 👍

Kenny D
09-26-2014, 05:09 AM
Looks like a lot of fun!!

Eli
09-26-2014, 05:23 AM
Cool boats and that water looks so inviting!

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
09-26-2014, 05:27 AM
Looks like a lot of fun!!

Kenny, there's another boat club that we're part of, it's Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) it's people from Naples to Punta Gorda, we have run once a month in season, (October-April) and have charity runs and all the money goes to help fund kids college education, if you want to info let me know or just google FMO and it should pop, good bunch of guys.

riverrunner1984
09-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Like Eli said, the water looks amazing.
I was talking to a guy from the gym this morning who is from Florida. He said what he misses about being out there is the water. He said out water out here is so dirty compared to Florida and the beaches are white sand.....I def need to make it out that way.

314joey
09-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Like Eli said, the water looks amazing.
I was talking to a guy from the gym this morning who is from Florida. He said what he misses about being out there is the water. He said out water out here is so dirty compared to Florida and the beaches are white sand.....I def need to make it out that way.

There's only one time of the year that the water gets murky, (a month or so) in the Spring during the rainy season the COE releases water out of Lake Occachobee and when the fresh water discharging from the Callosahattee River it mixes with the saltwater it turns the water dark green instead of the nice blue color, but it goes away fairly quick, the state is spending 30 million dollars for a retention basin upstream to keep this from happening, it pisses the visitors off when they're in town and hurts the vacation business.

The sand on the beaches is like powder, I'll post some pics of the sandcastle contests they have a couple times a year.

Eli
09-26-2014, 07:44 AM
There's only one time of the year that the water gets murky, (a month or so) in the Spring during the rainy season the COE releases water out of Lake Occachobee and when the fresh water discharging from the Callosahattee River it mixes with the saltwater it turns the water dark green instead of the nice blue color, but it goes away fairly quick, the state is spending 30 million dollars for a retention basin upstream to keep this from happening, it pisses the visitors off when they're in town and hurts the vacation business.

The sand on the beaches is like powder, I'll post some pics of the sandcastle contests they have a couple times a year.

Powder sand? Oh that sounds so nice.

Sent from my Bat Cave

luckystrike
09-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Crap, can't get it to play on my worn out i4, I'll watch it on PC tomorrow.
Met Stu and his wife at DS, shipped their boat out to Havasu one year. Great couple!
CH3NO2

Yes...Stu is a great guy ...Known him for years

rschap1
09-26-2014, 10:29 AM
:)

Kenny D
09-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks...Joey I will look the club up.
Kenny, there's another boat club that we're part of, it's Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) it's people from Naples to Punta Gorda, we have run once a month in season, (October-April) and have charity runs and all the money goes to help fund kids college education, if you want to info let me know or just google FMO and it should pop, good bunch of guys.

Kenny D
09-27-2014, 07:59 AM
4638146382We were down by Cape Romano yesterday,weather was great!! Here is a pic of my son doing his Corona commercial.

314joey
09-27-2014, 11:32 AM
We were down by Cape Romano yesterday,weather was great!! Here is a pic of my son doing his Corona commercial.

Good looking young man, this is getting to be the premium time of the year, have fun.

Kenny D
09-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Sadly..... we are leaving tomorrow morning 7:50 out of RSW
Good looking young man, this is getting to be the premium time of the year, have fun.