PDA

View Full Version : Hate this time of year

She's Mine
09-23-2014, 02:44 PM
You know the time of year when boating is starting to slow down, the kids are back in school and the days behind the desk get longer because there is less boating content... Hurry up DS 2015 and get here already... Ugh!

Btw, the Ashley Madison joke on Vic is priceless... :wink2:

314joey
09-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Come a little East, we'll get out on some big water, here's New Years Day..................but I understand.

Slacker
09-24-2014, 11:56 AM
BEST TIME OF YEAR FOR BOATING!!!! The kids are in school, kids sports are kicking in and most think boating season is over,,,,,,,guess what,,,,,, boating season is never over in Havasu. The Lake is the best in Sept and Oct.!

Stainless
09-24-2014, 05:30 PM
BEST TIME OF YEAR FOR BOATING!!!! The kids are in school, kids sports are kicking in and most think boating season is over,,,,,,,guess what,,,,,, boating season is never over in Havasu. The Lake is the best in Sept and Oct.!

You are so right about Sept, Oct and even Nov being the best boating months at Havasu. Plus you get some regattas, boat drags, PWC championships and monster bash during this time.

CH3NO2

niceguyeddie
09-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Hey hey hey!!! The river is closed til Desert Storm! Nothing to see here, please move along.

She's Mine
09-26-2014, 10:54 AM
You guys are so right... I am usually boating up until by birthday in November then a couple of times here and there until Spring Break. But this winter I have to repair everything that broke this summer. First time this has happened so I guess I could say I'm lucky but I sure don't feel lucky... lol

I'll be back out before the craziness starts back up next spring to enjoy the peace and quiet of out beautiful lake. Just will take a little time.

And for those of us that run in the ocean with smaller boats, December and January are perfect times to run to Catalina. Just wait for the Santa Ana winds to start blowing and the ocean will flatten out and make for a nice trip. Made it several times in my old 25' Shockwave Tremor.

314joey
09-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Lets see some pictures, we've only been to Cali once so we want to see some more scenery, I went to a conference in Newport Beach about ten years ago and I drugged Terri along, it was beautiful, but I can get three times the house for the same money in the Midwest.........OUCH