PDA

View Full Version : Luciferous word of the day

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Years ago, and I do means years :D I worked with a guy who was intellectually challenged. I'm not talking quantum physics or The Copenhagen Interpretation or anything close. Just basic sometimes everyday Webster Dictionary English.

Now keep in mind this is before the world wide web (yes I realize I'm dating myself) so Googling basic things like "conflict of Interest" wasn't an option back then. Sure 99.9% of society today knows what "conflict of interest" means, but back then it wasn't a term that could easily be looked up.

So, and much to his credit, this guy started a little daily chalk board game/exercise. I don't remember what we called it, something like "word of the day". Honestly looking back I think he devised this game for his personal benefit, but on occasion it helped us all.

So everyday one of us (he normally put up more words than the rest of us lol) would write down a word, usually a not often used word, with its meaning or a question mark. Guess who used the question mark the most? lol. If it had a question mark and you knew the meaning you wrote it down and kept track of the question marks you answered. This was very important as on Friday, the guy who answered the most question marks was treated to beer by everyone else. For me personally, this was the very incentive I needed to master the English Language LOL. More often than not, I drank for free on Fridays.

This is a little spin on that game. Luciferous words are not common words. They can be obscure, archaic, abandoned, or evocative. So this game has a little twist. And now that we have Google and other search engines that will find these words in 2 nanoseconds, you can't just give the meaning. You have to use the word in a sentence that makes sense, sorta lol.

We'll do a little test run to see how it goes. But if you like it, I'm thinking of doing it monthly and giving away a Hotboat.com T shirt, coozies, and stickers to the person who answers the most words in a months time.

Anyone can add a word, and anyone can answer. You just can't answer your own question. This will be the honor system. Meaning I am not going to keep track, you are. General consensus will determine the winner. Any words relating to water and/or boating is worth two points :D

I'll start:

Muttonhead :D

Eli
09-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Muttonhead : stupid, ignorant person.

What muttonhead doesn't know what conflict of interest means.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Perfect, that's 1 point for Eli.

Next word anyone?

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Is this a call out thread?

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Is this a call out thread?

Bahahaha :D

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Magnanimous

314joey
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
And I'm guessing "without google" too.

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
And I'm guessing "without google" too.

Google is mandatory for some of these. So feel free :D

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 12:46 PM

This guy

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Demivierge:

LOL :D

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 12:49 PM
My wife sick in the banos, she mutton head some bad beans.

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:51 PM
My wife sick in the banos, she mutton head some bad beans.

You're confusing this game with another game of a different name lol

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Disambiguation... (I work in this realm daily with peeps from Israel, Cyprus, Russia, Guadalajara, Mumbai, P.R...... and it makes me INSANEer)

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Demivierge:

LOL :D
Eli say that haters, demivierge into traffic without using their mirrors.

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 12:57 PM

Or blinkers :D

314joey
09-22-2014, 12:59 PM
These are magnanimous....................................... generous..........very generous.

Hey, how come I can't post pics.

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Or blinkers :D
I didn't use my blinkers to pick that bishop.

Eli
09-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Demivierge: a promiscuous virgin.

I don't know how anyone can be a demivierge.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 01:02 PM
These are magnanimous....................................... generous..........very generous.

Hey, how come I can't post pics.

Really? 46225

Eli
09-22-2014, 01:02 PM

That's semivierge

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Badaud:

Eli
09-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Naviculoid

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Nimptopsical:

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Inconceivable

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 01:13 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave
Hammer?

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Hammer?

I was thinking of someone else LOL

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 01:15 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

I knew a few back in the day... :leghump:

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Nimptopsical:
I only know the definition of that when I'm drinking.

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Electroencephalagraph

Eli
09-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Electroencephalagraph

Electrocution of a phallic membrane.

If you don't knock that shit off I'm gonna electroencephalograph you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Electrocution of a phallic membrane.

If you don't knock that shit off I'm gonna electroencephalograph you!

Sent from my Bat Cave
Don't threaten me with a good time

Eli
09-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Don't threaten me with a good time

You have no idea!

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
09-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Uh. Way above my education level.

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Uh. Way above my education level.
Loud noises?

314joey
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
...........it

djunkie
09-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Loud noises?

Something like that

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Famicide:

Eli
09-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Inconceivable

Inconceivable: something that is unimaginable.

It is inconceivable that HolyMoly is shorter than me.

It is inconceivable the number of people who don't know the application of the First Amendment.

It is inconceivable that some people think "no" means "try harder".

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
09-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Inconceivable: something that is unimaginable.

It is inconceivable that HolyMoly is shorter than me.

It is inconceivable the number of people who don't know the application of the First Amendment.

It is inconceivable that some people think "no" means "try harder".

Sent from my Bat Cave

After getting snipped I'll be inconceivable. :eek:

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Macromastic: :D

Eli
09-22-2014, 03:26 PM
After getting snipped I'll be inconceivable. :eek:

ROTFLMAO

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 03:27 PM
That dude played with heavy d?

Eli
09-22-2014, 03:47 PM

Excessive Breast tissue.

A macromastic woman is often stared at, while people look away from a macromastic man.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
That dude played with heavy d?

Or vice-versa LOL

Eli
09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Macrocephalous

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
09-22-2014, 03:49 PM
InconceivableWhy anyone would volunteer to be a moderator on a boating forum is "Inconceivable" to me :D.....................is this what you are looking for HB?? :rolleyes

Stainless
09-22-2014, 03:50 PM
I knew I wouldn't be able to contribute to this thread based on the first word in the thread title. 😳🎓

CH3NO2

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Macrocephalous

Sent from my Bat Cave
That's what she said

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Why anyone would volunteer to be a moderator on a boating forum is "Inconceivable" to me :D.....................is this what you are looking for HB?? :rolleyes

Nice job Paul :D

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Anencephalous:

LOL

Eli
09-22-2014, 04:49 PM
By proxy

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Why anyone would volunteer to be a moderator on a boating forum is "Inconceivable" to me :D.....................is this what you are looking for HB?? :rolleyes
I was voluntold by Eli. She likes midgets with power. :o

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 06:03 PM

:lmao1:

Welllllllllllllllllllll, she does wear some pretty darn tall platforms to get up there with the rest of us... :D

Eli
09-22-2014, 06:14 PM

:lmao1:

Welllllllllllllllllllll, she does wear some pretty darn tall platforms to get up there with the rest of us... :D

I don't dislike midgets but I sure don't hold sarcastic midgets in high regard...pun intended. Although, this one my be on to something. ;)

Maybe HM can get some shoes from the stores I shop at?

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't dislike midgets but I sure don't hold sarcastic midgets in high regard...pun intended. Although, this one my be on to something. ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

"toes to toes his nose is in it, nose to nose his toes is in it..." :D

Eli
09-22-2014, 06:28 PM
"toes to toes his nose is in it, nose to nose his toes is in it..." :D

I'm not quite sure what that means but ill wait until Vic tries it and then I'll subscribe. ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm not quite sure what that means but ill wait until Vic tries it and then I'll subscribe. ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

A midget with a tall lady... ^^^ :)

"toes to toes his nose is in it, nose to nose his toes is in it..."

2manymustangs
09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Sorry, back on track:

Macrocephalous ???

Anencephalous ???

Famicide ???

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Sorry, back on track:

Macrocephalous ???

Anencephalous ???

Famicide ???

I can't think after hours :D

Paul65K
09-22-2014, 07:59 PM

Sent from my Bat CaveIf he did wouldn't he be taller than you :hmm

Eli
09-22-2014, 08:05 PM
If he did wouldn't he be taller than you :hmm

So true...;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
09-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Sorry, back on track:

Macrocephalous ???

Anencephalous ???

Famicide ???
I believe of those an old old wooden ship used during the civil war era

2manymustangs
09-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Sorry, back on track:

Macrocephalous ???

Anencephalous ???

Famicide ???

I can't think after hours :D

Since the first two seem to be related to some >>> "mimetic" <<< form of the anatomy I will add this one:

addadicktome:

http://youtu.be/sKDY-6wR8Ww

Stainless
09-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Got one;

texy

Eli is texy.

CH3NO2

Eli
09-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Got one;

texy

Eli is texy.

CH3NO2

I'm texy and I know it?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
09-23-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm texy and I know it?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Lmfao! 😂

CH3NO2

HB Vic
09-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Agnoilogy:

Hahahaha

HolyMoly
09-24-2014, 07:03 AM
Agnoilogy:

Hahahaha
I tried saying that word like i was curly from the three stooges

Eli
09-24-2014, 07:08 AM
I tried saying that word like i was curly from the three stooges

Only YOU would do something like that...and admit to doing it.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Agnoilogy:

Hahahaha

Whoops, spelling error:

Agnoiology:

The study of ignorance. Something I've been doing a lot of lately LOL

Eli
09-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Agnoiology:

Hahahaha

Culturally induced ignorance or doubt. Publication of inaccurate information.

The agnoiology on the Internet is rampant. Hopefully, agnotology will help explain this behavior.

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
09-24-2014, 08:05 AM
I knew my neighbor was Agnostic

HolyMoly
09-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Only YOU would do something like that...and admit to doing it.

Sent from my Bat Cave
I resemble that remark!

HolyMoly
09-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Acute Angina

Eli had acute angina, which is good because her tits look like hell.

Eli
09-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Acute Angina

Eli had acute angina, which is good because her tits look like hell.

I see how it is...careful "buddy" one kick and you're down. It's not much of a fall, but it still counts.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
09-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Pygmies

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
09-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Where's Kachina26 when I need him?

HolyMoly
09-24-2014, 07:32 PM
In this letter, I will try to describe Mr. HolyMoly's ipse dixits in such a way that my language will not offend and yet will still convey my message that we are nearing a synthesis of anti-intellectualism and conspiracism into a satanic propagandism that will produce a large number of utterly directionless extravagancies, most pertinacious indecencies, and, above all, the most raucous blasphemies against everything that I hold most sacred and most dear. It may help if I begin my discussion by relating an innocuous story in order to illustrate my point: A few days ago I was arguing with a bloodthirsty fast-talker who was insisting that society is screaming for HolyMoly's calumnies. I tried to convince this costive, subhuman demagogue that when I say that of particular interest to me is the way that HolyMoly continuously denies that by supporting reckless despots with inferior moral standards, we devalue ourselves, the lives of our children, and the heroes who died for our freedoms, this does not, I repeat, does not mean that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever his personal interests are at stake. This is a common fallacy held by lewd, rancorous mobocrats. Although this letter provides irrefutable proof that what we are dealing with here is fashion, politics, and money, I know that HolyMoly will still accuse me of lying. I suppose that's okay as long as I can convince you, the reader, that HolyMoly is good at stirring his apostles into a frenzied lunacy of hatred and vengeance. Doing so blinds them to the fact that he maintains a “Big Brother” dossier of information about everyone he distrusts to use as a potential career-ruining weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? The answer has two parts to it. The first part regards the manner in which HolyMoly owes us all a big apology. The second part of the answer is focused on the the way that HolyMoly has stated that you and I are objects for him to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, find such declaratory statements quite telling. They tell me that I would like to believe that HolyMoly acts with our interests in mind. I really would. But HolyMoly sure makes it difficult to believe such things. For instance, he will probably throw another hissy fit if we don't let him con us into believing that he is a voice of probity. At least putting up with another HolyMoly hissy fit is easier than convincing HolyMoly's fans that HolyMoly probably regrets stating publicly that bad things “just happen” (i.e., they're not caused by HolyMoly himself). Although we can attribute that inconsiderate comment to a bout of foot-in-mouth disease, we should agree on definitions before saying anything further about HolyMoly's unctuous outbursts. For starters, let's say that “presentism” is “that which makes HolyMoly yearn to lead us, lemminglike, over the precipice of self-destruction.”

We were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to offer true constructive criticism—listening to the whole issue, recognizing the problems, recognizing what is being done right, and getting involved to help remedy the problem. We were not put here to have more impact on Earth's biological, geological, and chemical systems during our lifetime and our children's than all preceding human generations had together, as HolyMoly might insist. His commentaries are totally meaningless. That is, they usually begin by saying something about how I'm too diversivolent to uplift individuals and communities on a global scale to develop an alternative community, a cohesive and comprehensive underground with a charter to refute his arguments line-by-line and claim-by-claim, and then they continue on with a random assortment of tacked-on phrases until they finally slam into a period. HolyMoly's commentaries would be a lot clearer if HolyMoly simply came out and said that his ploys are a house of mirrors. How are we to find the opening that leads to freedom? After days of agonized pondering and reflection I finally came to the conclusion that he appears to have found a new tool to use to help him glorify slatternly, suppressive, murderous governments as the ideologically correct alternative to all other possibilities. That tool is Comstockism, and if you watch him wield it you'll surely see why I have a scientist's respect for objective truth. That's why I'm telling you that HolyMoly speaks like a true defender of the status quo—a status quo, we should not forget, that enables him to rip apart causes that others feel strongly about.

HolyMoly contends that two wrongs make a right. Sounds rather vexatious, doesn't it? Well, that's HolyMoly for you. Irreligionism can be deadly but HolyMoly's grievances are much worse. Once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that HolyMoly's older lamentations were irritable enough. His latest ones are honestly beyond the pale. I'll end this letter with a personal invitation to Mr. HolyMoly himself: If you care to respond to what I wrote, please do, especially if you think that I am being inaccurate or unfair. I do not wish to misrepresent you in any way whatsoever. Pax vobiscum.

HolyMoly
09-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Back in og hb days, kachina26 found a complaint generator. I used it for the above post. It is here http://www.pakin.org/complaint

While the complaints are mildly amusing as they tend to be over the top mean, conspiracy laden, and have extensive use of large words...the humor part truly lies in people not recognizing that it is random...And they take it personal. They really have to make the conscious decision to be bothered by something that is random.

ChumpChange
09-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Where's Kachina26 when I need him?

He's around here and there. Feel free to call him out.