PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave Pictures

niceguyeddie
09-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Our group launched out of Cottonwood Cove and went north. The goal was to see the Hoover Dam, but once you pass Willow Beach, access is restricted to vessels with 65 hp or less from Labor Day to Memorial. Oh well, next year. I had never been north of Cottonwood Cove prior to this past weekend. The scenery up there is gorgeous! I had so much fun water skiing through that area and can't wait to go back!

HB Vic
09-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Cool pics thank you for postin. That SUP guy looks familiar LOL.

niceguyeddie
09-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Cool pics thank you for postin. That SUP guy looks familiar LOL.

I saw a few SUP riders near Willow Beach and thought maybe Grads put on a regatta. :)

riverrunner1984
09-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Great pics. I have never been above Cottonwood Cove either. Normally just launch out of Katherines.

niceguyeddie
09-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Great pics. I have never been above Cottonwood Cove either. Normally just launch out of Katherines.

Thank you. It's a pretty cool place. Years ago, I stopped there to buy more ice, but this was my 1st time launching there. The drive into CW, involves a long steep decent. Pretty easy to cook the trailer brakes/hubs. We lost two bearing buddy caps and had grease everywhere. One of the guys in our group said that this is a common issue.

riverrunner1984
09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Thank you. It's a pretty cool place. Years ago, I stopped there to buy more ice, but this was my 1st time launching there. The drive into CW, involves a long steep decent. Pretty easy to cook the trailer brakes/hubs. We lost two bearing buddy caps and had grease everywhere. One of the guys in our group said that this is a common issue.

Did you guys stay out on the water or sleep in Searchlight.
I hear Searchlight is expanding a bit and getting bigger?

Stainless
09-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Cool pics NGE!
Wish I lived closer and could get in with a group of boaters like some of you guys.

CH3NO2

niceguyeddie
09-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Did you guys stay out on the water or sleep in Searchlight.
I hear Searchlight is expanding a bit and getting bigger?

No we all stayed in Mohave Valley so we just drove up for the day. We were on the water by 10 am and pulled off around 7pm. It was a 70 mile trip (one way). Some in our group stayed in Laughlin, so the drive was cut in half for them.

Mrs.K034
09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Very cool!! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-2
09-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice :thumbup:

ColeBoater
09-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Nothing to see here.......north of Cottonwood is closed. :biggrin:

niceguyeddie
09-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Nothing to see here.......north of Cottonwood is closed. :biggrin:

The feeling of serenity north of CW is amazing! I was pretty bummed out to see a few beaches that were completely trashed. People have dumped a ton of shit up there, burned trees down and etc. WTH is wrong with people?