PDA

View Full Version : Sunburned eyeballs

HB Vic
09-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Don't think I've ever had this happen, but holy shit is this a pain in the eye.

Over the weekend shooting pics at Bayfair, I'm pretty sure I burned my eyes. I've shot a lot of events, but maybe the combination of the heat, wind, and shooting in to the sun finally got to me. The past couple days my eyes have been killing me (I embellish), but still very uncomfortable.

In the past I've kept my sunglasses on because the boats were pretty close. Makes focusing easy. When they're that far away, you really have to get in the view finders face to focus. So the glasses have to come off.

Note to self:

Don't do that again :D

ChumpChange
09-16-2014, 08:40 AM
This event has a way with sunburning people!

Stainless
09-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Oh geez, not another sunburn at Bayfair. I tried to warn everybody. :p

CH3NO2

314joey
09-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Warning Will Robinson, be careful, you've only got one set of eyeballs, thanks for the pics though.

RogerThat99
09-16-2014, 09:03 AM
I got that very badly on Havasu one time. I lost my sunglasses first thing in the morning and didn't have any all day. My eyes were stuck shut when I worked in the morning. Doctor told me is was similar to flash burn that you get when you look at a welder without eye protection. It took a month or so to heal up and get my full vision back.

HB Vic
09-16-2014, 09:11 AM
I got that very badly on Havasu one time. I lost my sunglasses first thing in the morning and didn't have any all day. My eyes were stuck shut when I worked in the morning. Doctor told me is was similar to flash burn that you get when you look at a welder without eye protection. It took a month or so to heal up and get my full vision back.

Oh shit that long?? Job hazard I guess. I wonder if I should write myself up? haha

Maybe I should be under a doctors care. Lot of that going around lately HAHAHAHA.

2manymustangs
09-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Oh shit that long?? Job hazard I guess. I wonder if I should write myself up? haha

Maybe I should be under a doctors care. Lot of that going around lately HAHAHAHA.

Yes u should, but not for your eyes... :D

framer1
09-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Don't think I've ever had this happen, but holy shit is this a pain in the eye.

Over the weekend shooting pics at Bayfair, I'm pretty sure I burned my eyes. I've shot a lot of events, but maybe the combination of the heat, wind, and shooting in to the sun finally got to me. The past couple days my eyes have been killing me (I embellish), but still very uncomfortable.

In the past I've kept my sunglasses on because the boats were pretty close. Makes focusing easy. When they're that far away, you really have to get in the view finders face to focus. So the glasses have to come off.

Note to self:

Don't do that again :D

Did that ice fishing, felt like I had gravel in my eyes. Not fun at all....

HB Vic
09-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Did that ice fishing, felt like I had gravel in my eyes. Not fun at all....

I actually think I did it Saturday. Sunday when I was trying to shoot my eyes were killing me. I think I just made it worse.

Ice fishing huh? That's on my bucket list :D

ChumpChange
09-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Maybe you should file with HB.com's workers compensation department?

HB Vic
09-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Maybe you should file with HB.com's workers compensation department?

I thought about that. Problem is I can't afford a zinger on my EMR LOL