PDA

View Full Version : "Be a Part of Topock66 Spa & Resort"

riverrunner1984
09-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Did anyone see this on Facebook yesterday?

Im thinking about possible purchasing one of the packages. Anyone else thinking about buying one?
The link explains a lot more.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/be-a-part-of-topock66-spa-resort

Topock66 is a Historic Outpost located on the Colorado River and Route 66 at the Western edge of Arizona. From The Grapes of Wrath to Easy Rider, our little town has been synonymous with Route 66 and the Colorado River for over fifty years.

Chet Hitt purchased the old Topock Marina more than ten years ago when his vacation home was threatened by developers. From the beginning, he had big plans for the place which included a beautiful hotel and restaurant / bar. He tore the old ramshackle building down a couple of years ago and immediately ran into red tape and permitting issues with the Federal Government. He was only able to begin construction of the project if he put the Hotel portion on hold while we re-engineered the property. The NEW Topock66 Restaurant / Bar / Entertainment Complex was opened just over a year ago, and we are now ready to proceed on the rest of the project.

By reinvesting profits from the first phase, we have increased our equity and decreased the amount that our bank needs to fund the project from six million to one million dollars. This is where we need your help.

We thought about bringing in more investors, but when Chet came across this “Crowdfunding” thing, he got really excited. What better way to raise the funds than to give our customers the opportunity to get a real value and some cool perks for helping us with their contributions?

We are breaking our one million dollar ($1,000,000) goal down into three campaigns to make our goals more attainable, as well as to provide for more participation from our guests and friends.

This first Campaign's goal is to raise two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) which will pay for plans, permits and fees and get us closer to the amount the bank needs to fund the rest of the project.

HB Vic
09-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm going to look at this now. I love that place.

westair
09-10-2014, 09:37 AM
That first phase had to be a costly one, many many delays, but must be doing well if this is correct ...love the new place and Chet always seems to come through with the funds, looks like a good plan.

Paul65K
09-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah....might be interesting if it was some kind of a lifetime deal :D

Stainless
09-10-2014, 11:30 AM
You might PM Mrs K-034, they are partly sponsored for their race boat by Rt 66.

CH3NO2

HB Vic
09-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Please do not post hearsay. Even if you had bad transaction, this is not the place to air it.

Do your own research on this project or whatever it is that's being offered/advertised and make an informed decision.

Please do not post these types of responses here. They will be deleted.

Thanks.
HB

Mrs.K034
09-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Vic!! I can honestly say, NOTHING that Chet does is shady. Everything is up front and honest. I think this is awesome, what he's doing. I'd make the investment. And just so y'all know, I don't say this because they are a sponsor, I wouldn't allow a "shady" sponsor on our team. We are all like a family in this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverrunner1984
09-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Just so its clear, we are wondering what a "Founder in the VIP riverclub is"

Yeah....might be interesting if it was some kind of a lifetime deal :D

I have never been but would love to give it a shot and have heard great things about it.

Mrs.K034
09-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Just so its clear, we are wondering what a "Founder in the VIP riverclub is"

I have never been but would love to give it a shot and have heard great things about it.

Founder would be lifetime member as a VIP.

ChumpChange
09-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Do your own research on this project or whatever it is that's being offered/advertised and make an informed decision.

Now you sound like my broker any time that I talk to him about penny stocks. :D

riverrunner1984
09-10-2014, 11:59 AM

Sweet thanks!
Im going to def look more into it!

Bobby V
09-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks, Vic!! I can honestly say, NOTHING that Chet does is shady. Everything is up front and honest. I think this is awesome, what he's doing. I'd make the investment. And just so y'all know, I don't say this because they are a sponsor, I wouldn't allow a "shady" sponsor on our team. We are all like a family in this..

Good luck with your investment. Do you know when the next time they will be dredging the entrance and main channel to the Marina. ?

Paul65K
09-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJust out of curiosity.....what does a VIP membership get you??

Paul65K
09-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Good luck with your investment. Do you know when the next time they will be dredging the entrance and main channel to the Marina. ?
Hey Bobby.....while I have no dog in this hunt it seems like you do or at a minimum had a bad experience at some point directly with Chet......why don't you tell us all about it???

Wendi
09-10-2014, 12:42 PM
This is a great place. And Chet is a very stand up guy. Always nice and welcoming when we go. I did see this on FACEBOOK very interesting to see how it plays out.

riverrunner1984
09-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Just out of curiosity.....what does a VIP membership get you??

I asked that question on Facebook. I'll post the reply.

HB Vic
09-10-2014, 12:47 PM

And the names have been changed to protect the innocent :D

Bobby V
09-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey Bobby.....while I have no dog in this hunt it seems like you do or at a minimum had a bad experience at some point directly with Chet......why don't you tell us all about it???

Read post #6. :AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

I am curious about the dredging though. Seemed to help last time.

314joey
09-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Trouble with permits, never, looks like a cool place, we would love to check this place out.

JBS
09-10-2014, 01:14 PM

If you are interested in Penny Stocks you might as well just fund Chet for this deal. Much less risky :D

If you follow the original link it explains what the contribution levels are. I hope Chet has ran this proposal by his legal team. AZ is strange when it comes to these kind of deals based on AZ's long history of developer fraud. Fountain Hills as an example started out as a scam. Mcculloch end up taking it over and made it legit.

ChumpChange
09-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Read post #6. :AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

Especially about the hearsay part. ;)

If you are interested in Penny Stocks you might as well just fund Chet for this deal. Much less risky :D

I've ridden one over the last year from $0.09 all the way up to $0.30. Made whole on my original investment and now letting profits ride. It goes all over the place but in the long run, I should be even better. Feel free to look up DEJ.

At the same time, I've played the Biotechs going into FDA approvals and other Binary events. I've woken up in the morning being down 80%. That was CLSN. Bastards!

Paul65K
09-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Especially about the hearsay part. ;)

I've ridden one over the last year from $0.09 all the way up to $0.30. Made whole on my original investment and now letting profits ride. It goes all over the place but in the long run, I should be even better. Feel free to look up DEJ.

At the same time, I've played the Biotechs going into FDA approvals and other Binary events. I've woken up in the morning being down 80%. That was CLSN. Bastards!
The problem I see with most penny stocks is "Pump and Dump"........the big swings all seem to happen just before you get in and just before you get out (on the way down)................I got on someone's email list once and I see this shit all the time with the big hype emails, the price having gone up 200% in the last few days with a fantastic story and a target that is somewhere near $2....then you follow it for a couple more days, see HUGE volume and then it comes crashing down faster than a Lead Zeppelin and is worth nothing before you can hit the sell button........like you said pretty much all happens in the blink of an eye :D

riverrunner1984
09-10-2014, 01:47 PM
From Facebook...

The VIP RiverClub will be a private, members only Club currently planned with an outside deck overlooking the pool. The Club will have its own bar and servers and there will be special "Members Only" events, benefits and perks as we progress. The benefits will keep changing and expanding to keep the Members coming back year after year.

The $500 RiverClub Founder package includes a 1-year RIverClub Membership, but also designation for life as a "Founder" with your name engraved on the RiverClub Founder's Wall as well as the 2-nights, shirt and hat mentioned in the package.

Paul65K
09-10-2014, 02:08 PM
From Facebook...

The VIP RiverClub will be a private, members only Club currently planned with an outside deck overlooking the pool. The Club will have its own bar and servers and there will be special "Members Only" events, benefits and perks as we progress. The benefits will keep changing and expanding to keep the Members coming back year after year.

The $500 RiverClub Founder package includes a 1-year RIverClub Membership, but also designation for life as a "Founder" with your name engraved on the RiverClub Founder's Wall as well as the 2-nights, shirt and hat mentioned in the package.
Ah Hah.....so it'a not a lifetime memberhip in the club........hey Mrs K034....see if you can work that out for the HB group please......I'd be in for sure and probably a bunch from here would be too:D

riverrunner1984
09-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Ah Hah.....so it'a not a lifetime memberhip in the club........hey Mrs K034....see if you can work that out for the HB group please......I'd be in for sure and probably a bunch from here would be too:D

Hell yah I would....
Im thinking a little PR is in need....Hotboat, are you going to Parker this weekend? May want to make a detour!

Mrs.K034
09-10-2014, 04:43 PM

I have a meeting with Chet tonight, I'll see what I can do.

Paul65K
09-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I have a meeting with Chet tonight, I'll see what I can do.

Cool......he might be able to raise some good dough that way.

JBS
09-10-2014, 05:26 PM
The problem I see with most penny stocks is "Pump and Dump"........the big swings all seem to happen just before you get in and just before you get out (on the way down)................I got on someone's email list once and I see this shit all the time with the big hype emails, the price having gone up 200% in the last few days with a fantastic story and a target that is somewhere near $2....then you follow it for a couple more days, see HUGE volume and then it comes crashing down faster than a Lead Zeppelin and is worth nothing before you can hit the sell button........like you said pretty much all happens in the blink of an eye :D

I agree my BIL has a company that is receivership and they are still pumping the stock. It is crazy the shit these people pull. And get away with it.

Mrs.K034
09-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Ok, so we'll know more about this today. They are having a meeting about your ideas and a few more ideas. Chris had a great idea to have an annual founders party with perks and benefits. So, I'll have more information tonight. :)

riverrunner1984
09-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Ok, so we'll know more about this today. They are having a meeting about your ideas and a few more ideas. Chris had a great idea to have an annual founders party with perks and benefits. So, I'll have more information tonight. :)

That sounds really cool.
Like a yearly founders Regatta! lol

ChumpChange
09-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Yup. You have to get in before the "blast faxes" go out.

Brian
09-11-2014, 10:08 AM
So why can't he go to a bank for funding like any other business? Bad credit or something??

Paul65K
09-11-2014, 10:16 AM
So why can't he go to a bank for funding like any other business? Bad credit or something??
I have no direct knowledge of Topock 66 but here's how I read it;

There is no way they can build that hotel for $1M or even $6M. I would opine that originally they needed to put up $6M cash or security to secure the necessary funding to complete the hotel project.......maybe something north of $20M. The statement that they only need to raise $1M as a result of their success (read profitable, cash-flow positive) even though the cost to develop the entire project remains the same as there is no way in hell they will be building much more than a few rooms for $1M.

What say you Mateo.......this is your profession???

314joey
09-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Well I don't know anything about this specific deal or this type of development, but in my business which was residential land development when I put together my cost estimate and P&L statements for whoever (lending institution) I was asking a loan for I would normally have to fork over 20% cash equity (sometimes in the millions) and of course the bank had a first deed of trust on anything I bought and they got their money first before I ever saw a dime of profit,..................... never lost one loan, I must have done something right, I got out at 50yo,............. maybe it's for the equity, crap I don't know.

CarolynandBob
09-13-2014, 07:09 AM
I have no direct knowledge of Topock 66 but here's how I read it;

There is no way they can build that hotel for $1M or even $6M. I would opine that originally they needed to put up $6M cash or security to secure the necessary funding to complete the hotel project.......maybe something north of $20M. The statement that they only need to raise $1M as a result of their success (read profitable, cash-flow positive) even though the cost to develop the entire project remains the same as there is no way in hell they will be building much more than a few rooms for $1M.

What say you Mateo.......this is your profession???

Have you seen the plans? 20M is a lot of hotel. We are building 2-4 story hotels in CA and we are in the 12-13M range.

Paul65K
09-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Have you seen the plans? 20M is a lot of hotel. We are building 2-4 story hotels in CA and we are in the 12-13M range.I don't have the slightest........I guess I was envisioning a true "Resort"......but $20M was a completely arbitrary number as an example :D

CarolynandBob
09-13-2014, 07:41 AM
I don't have the slightest........I guess I was envisioning a true "Resort"......but $20M was a completely arbitrary number as an example :D

LOL yeah a resort would be big money.

papaletch4130
09-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Topock hands down is the best food on the river and great prices!! They dont rape you on prices and poor quility food like Pirates.

Paul65K
09-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Topock hands down is the best food on the river and great prices!! They dont rape you on prices and poor quility food like Pirates.
I agree with you 100%.........the best food on the water, only place that comes close IMHO is the Inner Harbor at the Springs they also don't rip your head off although the location isn't even close!! :D

Stainless
09-14-2014, 08:01 PM

I agree with you 100%.........the best food on the water, only place that comes close IMHO is the Inner Harbor at the Springs they also don't rip your head off although the location isn't even close!! :D

Agree with both of you on both places. ;)

CH3NO2

riverrunner1984
09-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Update I just saw on Facebook

Our Owner Chet Hitt has instructed us to make the Founder's Club benefits available on January 1, 2015. We are excited to offer these benefits to everyone who purchases a level which includes Founder's Club on our Indiegogo Campaign ($500 and above). Your Membership (with all of its perks) will begin on that date and run until one year after the opening of the Hotel.
Your Founder's Club Membership includes:
• RiverClub Membership for One
• Founders Club Membership Card good for:
15% Discount on merchandise in the RiverStore
10 Free Breakfasts per year in the River Restaurant
• Name engraved on Founders Club Wall (Temporary Wall to begin construction Jan. 1, 2015. Will be moved into RiverClub upon completion of the Hotel)
• Founders Club T-Shirt
• Founders Club Baseball Hat
• 4 Boat Launches per season
• Invitation to exclusive Founders Party each summer