PDA

View Full Version : Qatar 244 MPH Run LOTO

KAP
08-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Well if you have not seen this incredible video now is the time.

It is absolutely stunning and the acceleration is beyond comprehension.

For the real performance boater this is nothing but adrenaline, wood, or whatever verb you choose.

http://youtu.be/Ov_2fR1ISTM

HB Vic
08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
I saw that. Incredible would be an understatement. The water looked almost perfect and that thing is a rocket ship. The turn looked like he was doing 75+

Amazing machine. Congrats to those guys. 20MPH over last years record is mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAP
08-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Hull: Mystic

Power: Lycoming T-55 Turbines

Driver: Al Thani

Throttles: Steve Curtis

Team: QMSF Qatar

Distance: 1 Mile

Start: Radar Enforced not greater than 40 MPH...any greater and run does not count.

Temperature: Hot Midwest 98-101 High Humidity.

Summary one amazing run that will be hard to beat. I would say the only way is if the temperature on a Shootout is colder or turbine, hull technology gets better.

KAP
08-26-2014, 06:16 PM
I have won various classes at LOTO including professional and his start looks perfect.

What gets me is how fast those turbines spooled up. The distance had to be less than a quarter mile and they were pouring it on.

John Cosker is gonna sell a lot of Mystic's to people who want that kind of wow. Mystic has gone back to back Shootout's with 200+MPH runs. The MY WAY boat was equally impressive every run they had last year was over 200 MPH. A huge accomplishment in and of itself.

I can remember in my younger days when boats would hit 100MPH and we would be like wow that is bad azz. Nowadays 100 isn't that big of a deal. [Note: In my book it still is!]

I would like to own, drive, throttle this boat for about 200 hours...that would be awesome.

KAP

GRADS
08-26-2014, 06:54 PM
I would think that at 244 mph trying to steer the boat between those finish line buoys (:30 second mark) would be like trying to thread needle.

ChumpChange
08-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Ridiculous. Thanks for posting that.

Kenny D
08-26-2014, 08:55 PM
just ...WOW!!!