PDA

View Full Version : Living

tapout24
08-13-2014, 10:49 AM
As u all no im new here just wondering what u guys do for a living? As for im a milk man at alta dena dairy .no cows just watching milk bottles get full of milk ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

Brian
08-13-2014, 11:02 AM
As u all no im new here just wondering what u guys do for a living? As for im a milk man at alta dena dairy .no cows just watching milk bottles get full of milk ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. My dad was a independent contractor with Adohr and then with Rockview for almost 30 years. The LA riots was the beginning of the end for his business. He stuck with it another 5 or 6 years and then sold his books. I loved riding around town going to the different houses and schools to deliver milk. I even did the route for him a few days a week in the summer when I finally got my drivers license.

CampbellCarl
08-13-2014, 11:10 AM
And my Pops was a wholesale driver for Challenge Creamery during my youth. His route included most of San Pedro, Lomita, Palos Verdes and some Torrance. I also rode along during summer vacation. Pops' customers would fill my pockets with candy at every stop.

Most of the fishing fleet out of Ports O'Call village in San Pedro were customers. We used to always attend the Fisherman's Fiesta every year. In Pop's words, "the fishermen were (eye) Italians and Slavs until the Buddaheads came along".....

wildbill
08-13-2014, 11:18 AM
I manage and maintain a large fleet trucks from small pickups to full size over the road tractors also fork lifts electrical and just about all else that comes up Includes semi trailers and related Wild Bill

2manymustangs
08-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Software...

IF you make a phone call on a land line, cell phone, google call, skype OR you watch TV on Charter/Comcast/DishTV/Direct/Uverse your usage/plan/promotions/bill are generated on our code/data centers...

wildbill
08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Software...

IF you make a phone call on a land line, cell phone, google call, skype OR you watch TV on Charter/Comcast/DishTV/Direct/Uverse your usage/plan/promotions/bill are generated on our code/data centers... Can I get a Discount please LOL Wild bill Sparks Nv.

2manymustangs
08-13-2014, 01:20 PM
:D I need your SSN before I can find you in the system... ;)

314joey
08-13-2014, 02:42 PM
I used to be a homebuilder/land developer before the 2008 crash, lucky I sold out before it happen, now I'm the pool and cabana boy.

2manymustangs
08-13-2014, 04:28 PM
I used to be a homebuilder/land developer before the 2008 crash, lucky I sold out before it happen, now I'm the pool and cabana boy.

I know what SOME of your benefits/perks are and I thing your FAR better off now... :smilies_mit_hut019:

Singleton
08-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit

Ziggy
08-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Slum lord

Stainless
08-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Civil Construction; roads, bridges, runways, dams, tunnels, underground infrastructure.
Btw, have you met Milk Money?

Paul65K
08-13-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm retarded (err Retired), do some consulting and handle real estate transactions primarily focused on the Boating community here in Lake Havasu/Parker..................oh yeah I'm a bit of a slum lord as well........but nothing like that other "Robber Baron" that we have on the board :D

Stainless
08-13-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm retarded (err Retired), do some consulting and handle real estate transactions primarily focused on the Boating community here in Lake Havasu/Parker..................oh yeah I'm a bit of a slum lord as well........but nothing like that other "Robber Baron" that we have on the board :D

Been meaning to ask, are you owner/part owner of In and Out Havasu? PM me or not if it's none of my biz. :)

Mrs.K034
08-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Lot of dairy men around here.. Lol.. My Dad's been a milk mad since I can remember, he's now the manager of wholesale and schools for Driftwood Dairy in El Monte.. I worked with him for about a year in customer service.. Now I'm a technical advisor for dentist and oral surgeons mainly focused on implants and crown and bridge work. Love teaching doctors things that they don't know 😊 it's come to be a passion, especially implants.

GRADS
08-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Living? Being strapped down by the man Monday-Friday is not living. ;)

Wendi
08-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Formerly mortgage and distressed mortgage notes. Formerly hotboat.com director of marketing. Now I help with my husband's business doing his accounting.

Menace Marine
08-13-2014, 09:04 PM
I turn wrenches on some pretty cool toys.

Wendi
08-13-2014, 09:05 PM
What do you do for a living?

Napanutt
08-13-2014, 09:08 PM

We don't all have a sugar momma (well, not all of us). ;)
I work for gas money.

AZKC
08-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Sell Work trucks, Trailer parts, Fleet service, and School Buses. Its not a living but I blame the dam economy :happy:

ChumpChange
08-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I make pain less painful. :D

Mrs.K034
08-13-2014, 10:47 PM
What do you do for a living?

Really? You had to open that one up? Lol. Let's see.. He's the "trophy husband" if I remember correctly? Let's see how much more he can build himself up.

C-2
08-13-2014, 10:51 PM
IT student and aspiring computer nerd.

C-2
08-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Sox type stuff, or Information Sytsems/CISA type? Would you choose your career again? I was thinking about an IS auditing track.

rocket98
08-14-2014, 08:22 AM
I am a babysitter and playground monitor.......Commercial General Superintendent

HB Vic
08-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Define trophy lol

GRADS
08-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Swimming Pool Contractor.

Brian
08-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Lot of dairy men around here.. Lol.. My Dad's been a milk mad since I can remember, he's now the manager of wholesale and schools for Driftwood Dairy in El Monte.. I worked with him for about a year in customer service.. Now I'm a technical advisor for dentist and oral surgeons mainly focused on implants and crown and bridge work. Love teaching doctors things that they don't know 😊 it's come to be a passion, especially implants.

Milk/Dairy industry was where you wanted to be before the supermarkets saturated the urban areas. Now it too easy to run down to the corner and pick up milk, cheese, etc. Also, people are not drinking the same amount of milk they did 20 years ago.

GRADS
08-14-2014, 08:46 AM
I can't remember the last time I had a glass of milk. I'm guessing 10-15 years ago.

Paul65K
08-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Been meaning to ask, are you owner/part owner of In and Out Havasu? PM me or not if it's none of my biz. :)
Nope........actually all the In-N-Outs are family owned with the only living heir being a gal that I think just turned 30 apparently the youngest female billionaire in the world :D

2manymustangs
08-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Nope........actually all the In-N-Outs are family owned with the only living heir being a gal that I think just turned 30 apparently the youngest female billionaire in the world :D

I will be needing her name/phone number... My son likes older women... ;)

chevellesb406
08-14-2014, 09:33 AM
I will be needing her name/phone number... My son likes older women... ;)

2 different store managers have already succeeded in getting behind the wall. She is married to her 2nd one. I am a sales analyst for a chemical engineering software company. We do pretty much every oil major, many chem companies. If you are a refinery operator, you have used our stuff. And also working for peanuts with the cornhole board side hobby. :)

ColeBoater
08-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Mortgage Banker. Licensed in California, Colorado, Texas and Virginia.

2manymustangs
08-14-2014, 10:48 AM
FORGOT to mention, if you need any type of large offroad transmission rebuild (Allison or Borg Warner) I can get it done RIGHT for you and at the right price:

http://offroadtransmission.com/

For stationary, oil rigs, power plants, airport tugs, towmotors... If it's BIG and it's BROKE I can make it right, assuming you can put it on a skid and ship it to me...

C-2
08-14-2014, 11:53 AM
FORGOT to mention, if you need any type of large offroad transmission rebuild (Allison or Borg Warner) I can get it done RIGHT for you and at the right price:

http://offroadtransmission.com/

For stationary, oil rigs, power plants, airport tugs, towmotors... If it's BIG and it's BROKE I can make it right, assuming you can put it on a skid and ship it to me...

Hey 2MM - Your Google FRee by 2016 - what is that? I couldn't find it on a Google search, lol

Stainless
08-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Mortgage Banker. Licensed in California, Colorado, Texas and Virginia.

You and Mateo in same biz?

2manymustangs
08-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Hey 2MM - Your Google FRee by 2016 - what is that? I couldn't find it on a Google search, lol

Kind of tongue and cheek, my developers and I (and friends/family) don't like the intrusion that GOOGLE has into our everything... They keep TOO much info/activity, they know toooooooooo much...

ColeBoater
08-14-2014, 12:13 PM

Not sure.....he says that he makes "pain less painful" so I guess I could say that for what I do........I make the pain of having a mortgage less painful by being an awesome Mortgage Banker and always getting you the best rate!!!

Ziggy
08-14-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm stll wondering what the robber baron looks like?
oh and the in n outs chick is a babe:p

Ziggy
08-14-2014, 12:23 PM

:scratchhead: I thought everyone knew that.
And now I'm jonesin for a 5 Guys burger all of a sudden.:cool::D

Stainless
08-14-2014, 12:26 PM
:scratchhead: I thought everyone knew that.
And now I'm jonesin for a 5 Guys burger all of a sudden.:cool::D

Actually I did know about the 30 year old billionaire, but I thought they were franchises and Paul was involved with the one in Havi. Oh well must have been a bad dream. :D

Ziggy
08-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Actually I did know about the 30 year old billionaire, but I thought they were franchises and Paul was involved with the one in Havi. Oh well must have been a bad dream. :D
Lol...No more bottom of the bag fries if Paul was in charge.:p
One of America's non-franchised success stories. :thumbsup:

C-2
08-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Kind of tongue and cheek, my developers and I (and friends/family) don't like the intrusion that GOOGLE has into our everything... They keep TOO much info/activity, they know toooooooooo much...

Lol, I hear you.

The part I never understand is the privacy everybody mindlessly gives up by installing silly phone apps from untrusted developers (or anybody, for that matter). Makes Internet privacy concersn look like kids stuff since, as you know, some of the permissions granted include friend lists, phone numbers, email addresses, location data....etc etc. Drives me nuts, and none of my phones have any apps other than factory...except well, the Gmail app.

Our FBI forensics instructor said Google can collect more data about a person in a week, than the FBI can in a year using all their best tricks. Who knows what type of backdoor deals they have going for getting their hands on Google data, but I know on the forward facing, litigation side of things, trying to Subponea Google is like trying to subpoena the President. Yeah, good luck with that.

I have mixed feelings on Google...they make our lives much easier.

ChumpChange
08-14-2014, 03:17 PM

We both sell money just to different people. I don't touch the residential stuff. Too complicated. :D

Not sure.....he says that he makes "pain less painful" so I guess I could say that for what I do........I make the pain of having a mortgage less painful by being an awesome Mortgage Banker and always getting you the best rate!!!

Got the exact brunt of the statement. I'm a Commercial Banker, financing the lending needs between $1million to $40million.

Kenny D
08-15-2014, 07:57 AM
I own a couple of retail stores,been doing since I was 18 years old.

WMC
08-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Living? Living the dream445024450344504

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

bubblegoose1
08-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Sales Account Manager at Yukon Gear & Axle
http://www.yukongear.com

Anyone need the best of the best for anything diff, traction or axles give me a shout.
Fred x5549

HB Vic
08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
I own hotboat.com, therefore I am $$$$$$

Broke as fuck 😂

K-034
08-15-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm a janitor

HotWater
08-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Laborer

ChumpChange
08-15-2014, 05:05 PM
I own hotboat.com, therefore I am $$$$$$

Broke as fuck ��

At least you get the namesake screen name!

Napanutt
08-15-2014, 06:14 PM
At least you get the namesake screen name!

Yea but should't he have a member number in the single digits? ;)

ChumpChange
08-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Yea but should't he have a member number in the single digits? ;)

It was a surprise party. The guest always shows up late. :D

Napanutt
08-15-2014, 07:39 PM
It was a surprise party. The guest always shows up late. :D

I did hear a party was involved. Will have to discuss the details with him over a few drinks at sometime I hope. :D