SBS933
08-04-2014, 06:34 PM
What does Ford stand for ?

HB Vic
08-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Fewer times on the hook :D

SBS933
08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
That's funny I never heard that one. Someone told me today it stands for Fucked OveR Dodge.

Stainless
08-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Found on road dead

Sharp shooter
08-04-2014, 08:02 PM
First on race day.

HB Vic
08-04-2014, 08:07 PM
There is another acronym but I can't say it LOL

Paul65K
08-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

2manymustangs
08-04-2014, 08:25 PM
What does Ford stand for ?

The founders last name... :D

spike morelli
08-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I suppose the question was asked , to prod people to post funny acronyms, but Ford has consistently been a player and competitive, in all forms of motorsports, from Winning drag racingTop Fuel Cammers, to 4- cam Indy engines, to the first "pony car", to Trans-Am and Boss road racers, Nascar Aero-racers with High-Risers or Boss engines, they've been the largest supplier of law enforcement vehicles with their Crown Vics there's even a "Formula" class of racing devoted to Ford powered racers called "Formula Ford", Ford powered cars beat Ferrari at LeMans, beat Corvettes on the track, and on, and on. John Force has had their financial backing for years , as have many big names in racing, I.E. Mickey Thompson, Don Nichloson, etc. Mustangs and Challengers have de-throned Camaro in todays modern street scene. How'd that happen? Blows me away that Mopars aren't participating in Nascar, they should, Ford and GM are. GM and Chrysler had to be bailed out financially by the federal government, Ford remained solvent. So don't slam Ford,...they've done O.K. and they're all right.

Rock_Bottom
08-04-2014, 09:49 PM
http://youtu.be/UfHtcUZXljw

2manymustangs
08-04-2014, 10:04 PM
I suppose the question was asked , to prod people to post funny acronyms, but Ford has consistently been a player and competitive, in all forms of motorsports, from Winning drag racingTop Fuel Cammers, to 4- cam Indy engines, to the first "pony car", to Trans-Am and Boss road racers, Nascar Aero-racers with High-Risers or Boss engines, they've been the largest supplier of law enforcement vehicles with their Crown Vics there's even a "Formula" class of racing devoted to Ford powered racers called "Formula Ford", Ford powered cars beat Ferrari at LeMans, beat Corvettes on the track, and on, and on. John Force has had their financial backing for years , as have many big names in racing, I.E. Mickey Thompson, Don Nichloson, etc. Mustangs and Challengers have de-throned Camaro in todays modern street scene. How'd that happen? Blows me away that Mopars aren't participating in Nascar, they should, Ford and GM are. GM and Chrysler had to be bailed out financially by the federal government, Ford remained solvent. So don't slam Ford,...they've done O.K. and they're all right.

TY for your support Spikey, its a rough world out there for us Ford guys... ;)

Sorry I missed you this weekend sir...

chevellesb406
08-05-2014, 10:12 AM
I like the acronyms:

Ford:
F*cker Only Rolls Downhill

Chevy:
Cheap Heap in Every Vatos Yard

MOPAR:
Move Over, People Are Racing

Toyota (trucks):
Take Off Your Oversize Tires Asshole

ColeBoater
08-05-2014, 11:05 AM
I like the acronyms:

Ford:
F*cker Only Rolls Downhill

Chevy:
Cheap Heap in Every Vatos Yard

MOPAR:
Move Over, People Are Racing

Toyota (trucks):
Take Off Your Oversize Tires Asshole

No acronyms for Nissan......why? Best, most reliable trucks on the market and can tow with the best of them.

chevellesb406
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM
No acronyms for Nissan......why? Best, most reliable trucks on the market and can tow with the best of them.

Glad you like yours, no complaints on my Chevy, 10 years, 120k miles, one battery, two sets of tires, bulbs, and wiper blades. Nothing else needed so far, original brakes still more than 50%. Next truck will be a Chevy as I presume yours will be a nice Titan.

Napanutt
08-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I like:

Fix
It
Again
Tony

:D

HB Vic
08-05-2014, 01:48 PM
100k on my Raptor with zero issues so far 44183

riverrunner1984
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM
100k on my Raptor with zero issues so far

You may run into an issue if you dont get some gas! lol :D

HB Vic
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
You may run into an issue if you dont get some gas! lol :D

Lol 44186

spike morelli
08-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Not that I'm bashing , but my heart isn't so much in circle racing, boats or cars. I guess, ever since I was a kid I've been more into Dry Lakes land speed racing and drags. I don't know why. it's just how I roll I guess. The Ford reply.....just making a general statement. Of my four boats, one is Hemi powered, one is Ford Nascar powered, one has twin nitro burning Chevys, and the fourth, ( if I ever finish it ), may get a 327 Chevy...I'm not 100% sure yet, so I kinda own one each of the big 3, ALL good. I've owned Ford and GM cars, none of them have been lemons. Funny, I'm a big fan of Chryslers Hemi, but I've never owned a Chrysler car. I sure would like to buy a new Challenger though! Engine wise......in car hot rodding and with boats, Chevrolets are used by a great majority of enthusiasts these days, however, I've never been much of a "follower". If everybody bought a shirt just like the one I'm wearing, I'd turn around and burn mine. It's like sleeping with the same girl that everyone else is banging. I want something special, and engine work is what I do for a living so I can do what turns me on.

SBS933
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Land speed, ever hear of Les Leggit ?

2manymustangs
08-06-2014, 07:47 AM
100k on my Raptor with zero issues so far 44183

100K????

Yeowzer, I thought you just bought it a few months ago... Nice ride BroHAM, I do like the flares painted to match the rest of the truck...

Not that I'm bashing , but my heart isn't so much in circle racing, boats or cars. I guess, ever since I was a kid I've been more into Dry Lakes land speed racing and drags. I don't know why. it's just how I roll I guess. The Ford reply.....just making a general statement. Of my four boats, one is Hemi powered, one is Ford Nascar powered, one has twin nitro burning Chevys, and the fourth, ( if I ever finish it ), may get a 327 Chevy...I'm not 100% sure yet, so I kinda own one each of the big 3, ALL good. I've owned Ford and GM cars, none of them have been lemons. Funny, I'm a big fan of Chryslers Hemi, but I've never owned a Chrysler car. I sure would like to buy a new Challenger though! Engine wise......in car hot rodding and with boats, Chevrolets are used by a great majority of enthusiasts these days, however, I've never been much of a "follower". If everybody bought a shirt just like the one I'm wearing, I'd turn around and burn mine. It's like sleeping with the same girl that everyone else is banging. I want something special, and engine work is what I do for a living so I can do what turns me on.

Hey SPIKE, I have a BIG BLOCK Ford flathead 337 "8EQ" that would be a nice stout power plant for your FOURTH boat... Solid lifter and forged steel crank... :) Free of charge but you pay for shipping and crating... :hilarious: Still has cross hatch in the cyls, it was a fire truck engine...

When I picked it up with the forks on the back of my tractor, the front end of the tractor came up off the ground, I have no clue what the weight is... It should make your fourth boat draft nice and low in the wata... :captain:

spike morelli
08-06-2014, 08:43 PM
2 mas mustangs, actually, my fourth boat is a '63 ( wait for it.....) Stevens 17' SK Skier, and I do have a '63 327 from a friends Corvette. IF...I decide to use it, I'm gonna outfit it with either the Edelbrock 6-stromberg set-up, or a Weiand WC4D staggered 4-stromberg set-up. It'll be a resto ( you know me ), and will be period perfect. The Vance trailer still has it's data plate and is absolutely correct for a '63. I'm open though , to possibly a Nailhead Buick. The thing is, it's only a 17 footer, and has back to back seating, which I'll retain, so I'd prefer an engine of smaller external physical dimensions, and one available within the '63 cut off date. I have two extra 392 Chryslers, but an early Hemi would dominate the rear seating area. About the fire truck engine.....don't laugh, at the shop, we're doing a Seagrave V-12 flathead fire truck engine for a guy, who's gonna put it in a stretched Model A hot rod chassis! Talk about "dare to be different", it's pretty darned cool. It'll likely make a few magazine covers.