PDA

View Full Version : Hey K-034's

Stainless
08-03-2014, 06:39 PM
How did you guys do this weekend?

Mrs.K034
08-03-2014, 11:21 PM
How did you guys do this weekend?

Thanks for asking.. Had bad luck this weekend.. And it's a long story... Okay so, testing yesterday, went good. Then first race was a great race for 3rd (after the restart when Robbie flipped) But then Chris hit the turn too tight and spun out and destroyed the mag.. (He's still learning the bot being his 2nd race in it) but ended up 4th. Then today we really got the motor and the set up dialed in.. And then, the MSD box went out! So, replaced the MSD box, and were ready for some great racing.. The last race, he was on it and looking great, then the boat fell out of gear, so the boat came to a halt! It was so devastating for us, because we know it would be a great run, but the air valve that keeps it in gear failed. So, we were hoping for a better weekend, it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless
08-04-2014, 03:53 AM
Sorry to hear of the bad luck. One challenge I see is not being able to water test freely. I mean you don't just go down and drop it in the water at Windsor and start practicing right? Not sure what rules are in place for race boats but guess at minimum you would need rescue diver?
Seem to hear of MSD ignitions going out a lot in boat racing, is it a certain model or are they getting wet?
Anyway, you'll get it all sorted out and we look forward to your next race. ;)

Mrs.K034
08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear of the bad luck. One challenge I see is not being able to water test freely. I mean you don't just go down and drop it in the water at Windsor and start practicing right? Not sure what rules are in place for race boats but guess at minimum you would need rescue diver?
Seem to hear of MSD ignitions going out a lot in boat racing, is it a certain model or are they getting wet?
Anyway, you'll get it all sorted out and we look forward to your next race. ;)

This is very true.. You have to pay a rescue dive team and medics to be able to test, so we knew that it would be getting things sorted out on the track.. So we weren't expecting to go out there and win races off the bat.. We really wish we would have got to run a full race in the final because we think everything is set up where it should be now, and that would have been awesome for Chris to get the seat time. Only one more race this season, so we'll have more seat time there before the first race of the next season, which is Thanksgiving in Parker. :)

The MSD problem is just from getting wet. I thinks we've gone through about 5 or 6 in the past couple years. We finally got smart and bagged it up yesterday. Lol. If the MSD stuff wasn't made in China I don't think we'd have as many issues either.

Thanks for everything, you've always been a big support! Hope to meet you at a race soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk