PDA

View Full Version : Ever want to say F' it?

She's Mine
08-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Give me you're fucking thoughts about boating and the industry? Just want to know if I deserve what I've received?

Menace Marine
08-02-2014, 09:37 PM
You don't deserve it. And unfortunately you aren't alone.

SBS933
08-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Well, I dont know what the fuck your going thru. but Hell Yeah I love saying FUCK IT right before I bllow shit up with my shotgun all the time. Like a cheap ass DVD Player or a carpet cleaner. There comes a time in every mans life that you just have to say FUCK IT

Stainless
08-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Give me you're fucking thoughts about boating and the industry? Just want to know if I deserve what I've received?

I assume your referring to the engine you lost recently.
I kinda went through the same thing in '05. Bought a '90 Eliminator with 2 Bridgeport outboards for about $30K. First season one blew up so badly I was forced to buy 2 new matching engines. Nothing would interchange and I had to replace every electrical and mechanical part on the boat to run current technology. I was lucky to get Mercury parts at dealer cost but it still added up to $40K, so now I have $70K invested in a boat that's worth $25K on a good day. Chalk this bad learning experience up to a kid in a candy store mentality. High performance boating just doesn't give me the highs it once did. Nowadays I look forward to wakeboarding or possibly a jet ski. I watch all the threads about groups of friends going out in mild performance boats and having a good time without breaking down or breaking the bank in fuel and parts and see myself much more enjoying that type boating going forward.

She's Mine
08-02-2014, 09:48 PM
I assume your referring to the engine you lost recently.
I kinda went through the same thing in '05. Bought a '90 Eliminator with 2 Bridgeport outboards for about $30K. First season one blew up so badly I was forced to buy 2 new matching engines. Nothing would interchange and I had to replace every electrical and mechanical part on the boat to run current technology. I was lucky to get Mercury parts at dealer cost but it still added up to $40K, so now I have $70K invested in a boat that's worth $25K on a good day. Chalk this bad learning experience up to a kid in a candy store mentality. High performance boating just doesn't give me the highs it once did. Nowadays I look forward to wakeboarding or possibly a jet ski. I watch all the threads about groups of friends going out in mild performance boats and having a good time without breaking down or breaking the bank in fuel and parts and see myself much more enjoying that type boating going forward.

So if you had do it over would you? I'm at a point in my life I can get out from under it and just walk away or I can do it all over again. I just don't know what road to take and I am just beat down with the industry.

Stainless
08-02-2014, 10:02 PM
So if you had do it over would you? I'm at a point in my life I can get out from under it and just walk away or I can do it all over again. I just don't know what road to take and I am just beat down with the industry.

I Would not do it over, but that is experience talking now vs gotta have it no matter the cost.

I don't know where you're at as far as the value of boat, but my advice would be get it running when you can with mild power and enjoy more time on the water with like minded friends. ;)

She's Mine
08-02-2014, 10:18 PM

I Would not do it over, but that is experience talking now vs gotta have it no matter the cost.

I don't know where you're at as far as the value of boat, but my advice would be get it running when you can with mild power and enjoy more time on the water with like minded friends. ;)

That is great advice. I have been told that exact same thing by some very close friends... :-)

Menace Marine
08-02-2014, 10:23 PM

That's good advice. Everyone gets to this point eventually. We all start out in small shitty boats and keep moving up until it gets out of hand. I have lost a few customers and boating friends after they bought twin engine boats and the maintenance and repairs drove them out of the sport. You got dealt a bad hand mike. It's a tough decision to walk away or stay. I would hate to not see you on the water anymore but you have to do whatever is best for the family. Take your time and don't make an emotional decision.

riverrunner1984
08-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Just sell the boat to Grads I hear he is in the market lol jk
😃

GRADS
08-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Just sell the boat to Grads I hear he is in the market lol jk
��

I'll buy it, slap a Mercury 525, 540, 565, 600, 700 or an Ilmor or Teague in it.....go boating every weekend and be happy as a clam. That's why we are being so selective on the boat we buy....it might not be the very fastest but it has got to be turn key.

She's Mine
08-03-2014, 04:58 AM
I'll buy it, slap a Mercury 525, 540, 565, 600, 700 or an Ilmor or Teague in it.....go boating every weekend and be happy as a clam. That's why we are being so selective on the boat we buy....it might not be the very fastest but it has got to be turn key.

Trust me bud, that thought gas crossed mine and the Mrs mind more than once. You would just have to invite us out on it once in a while... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Stainless
08-03-2014, 07:12 AM
FWIW SM, your boat is the most beautiful 26 I have seen. ;)

HB Vic
08-03-2014, 09:08 AM
I want to say F'it, but not for boats or boating 😐

chrisnlbc
08-03-2014, 11:47 AM
It happens to stock power also. I have been down a month due to a bad PCM (ECM) on my 496HO with 150hrs. It sucks ass! But its the price we pay to play. Toys are not a poor mans sport. They ALL have issues. Some of us just pay the boat gods more often. :wink_002:

So I go to take my 2008 Roush Mustang out last week. It has 10,000 miles. Starts shooting ducks on the higher end. Off to the shop it goes this week. Its been a rough summer for me and toys also. Good luck on the repair.

Have you seen this motor on the other site. Hell of a deal if you ask me! Maybe drop right in your rig?http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?117912-540-Cubic-Inch-Complete-Blower-Engine

Chris

Stainless
08-03-2014, 12:30 PM
If it was PHUCKIT to web site ownership,nobody could blame you.

Haha, I'm trying to see the fun part of owning a forum website too? :D

Unforgiven
08-04-2014, 08:20 AM
A MSD box can you ruin your weekend also..We have had so many failures in TAH and when we started in NHRA a can't tell you how many boxes went sent back..got to the point we had replacement setups that could be changed in minutes..Our last trip out with the Eliminator the MSD blue box caused some issues..But thats Dustins deal now..he'll throw in a new box, filter and plugs and be running in no time..I'll sit back and relax and think about racing boat again...

GRADS
08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Haha, I'm trying to see the fun part of owning a forum website too? :D

Are you kidding me? I think it would be a blast.

Unforgiven
08-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Are you kidding me? I think it would be a blast.
Since your independently wealthy...you should buy this site From Vic..but then you would have to make me a MOD just so I could ban you...

She's Mine
08-05-2014, 11:35 PM
FWIW SM, your boat is the most beautiful 26 I have seen. ;)

Thanks Stainless, I feel the same way and that is what is making my decision so difficult

RogerThat99
08-06-2014, 07:30 AM
You could go the route that Grads went with the West Coast F@cker for power. :D Sorry you are having to deal with this.

Menace Marine
08-06-2014, 07:41 AM
That thing is set up for speed. Look how tall the x dimension is with that little whacker.

Boat38 Outa Place Racing
08-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Hey Myke, get in touch with me we have a 582 all alum brodix long block that's low compression, that could be for sale!

HEY YOU
08-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Take a summer off from the Daytona buy a used sea doo boat for next summer.