PDA

View Full Version : Crazyland...err...Disneyland Visit

Eli
07-10-2014, 07:11 AM
My sister wants to take the little ones in September, and now that they serve alcohol in the park and let you walk around with it, I have no excuse not to go. Although, I do want to be there when my niece who loves Mini Mouse encounters the giant mouse who terrifies her and send her into a fear invoked crying frenzy where she will beg to go home. For some odd reason, I do a great job of brining out the rebel in her and keeping her calm. So here's what I'd appreciate if you guys helped me with.

1. Which locations inside the park can I get the best alcohol bang for my buck?

2. Which hotel should we stay at? I've stayed at California adventure before bc I went to a convention but never the other one, nor do I know what it's called.

3. Do they serve the good wine inside the park or just at the bars at the hotel?

4. What's the best day during the week to go?

5. What time do they start serving alcohol?

6. Is the Donald Duck person the same person from back in 1993? Do you think he will recognize me?

7. Where do they serve bloody Mary's?

8. What if anything do you do after dark while waiting to sober up? I don't like sleeping when I'm drunk.

9. How late is the park open?

Thanks!

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
07-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Sounds to me like you need to hit a Bad Ass bar with a D.D.

Eli
07-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Sounds to me like you need to hit a Bad Ass bar with a D.D.

D.D.???

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Designated Driver so you can sober up on the ride home.

ChumpChange
07-10-2014, 08:49 AM
>>>>>Del Taco on Katella. Buy a large Coke and pour as much Jack Daniels in it as you can tolerate. Drink quickly (the straw helps) and let the buzz kick in by the time you get to the gate. Only California Adventure sells alcohol to the public.

2. Which hotel should we stay at? I've stayed at California adventure before bc I went to a convention but never the other one, nor do I know what it's called.
>>>>>The one attached to California Adventure gets you an exclusive entrance. Have you seen if there is any availability at the Hollywood Tower? Yeah....lame joke. :D

3. Do they serve the good wine inside the park or just at the bars at the hotel?
>>>>>Any wine will taste good after accomplishing #1 beforehand.

>>>>>It's a crapshoot honestly. Tuesday or Wednesday. Make sure it's after most schools start.

>>>>>Del Taco is open 24hrs.

6. Is the Donald Duck person the same person from back in 1993? Do you think he will recognize me?
>>>>>Could be. Short people don't grow. At the same time, he is most likely a she. :)

>>>>>Not sure, never ordered one as it's too hot. Never a fan of BMs in the heat.

8. What if anything do you do after dark while waiting to sober up? I don't like sleeping when I'm drunk.
>>>>>Wait for fireworks and walk around.

>>>>>Depends on the day of the week and the time of year. www.disneyland.com

Eli
07-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Designated Driver so you can sober up on the ride home.

I'm staying at the hotel there...I'll sober up at the park and sleep in the hotel. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-10-2014, 09:11 AM
>>>>>Del Taco on Katella. Buy a large Coke and pour as much Jack Daniels in it as you can tolerate. Drink quickly (the straw helps) and let the buzz kick in by the time you get to the gate. Only California Adventure sells alcohol to the public.

>>>>>The one attached to California Adventure gets you an exclusive entrance. Have you seen if there is any availability at the Hollywood Tower? Yeah....lame joke. :D

>>>>>Any wine will taste good after accomplishing #1 beforehand.

>>>>>It's a crapshoot honestly. Tuesday or Wednesday. Make sure it's after most schools start.

>>>>>Del Taco is open 24hrs.

>>>>>Could be. Short people don't grow. At the same time, he is most likely a she. :)

>>>>>Not sure, never ordered one as it's too hot. Never a fan of BMs in the heat.

>>>>>Wait for fireworks and walk around.

>>>>>Depends on the day of the week and the time of year. www.disneyland.com

You rock! I won't hold it against you for telling me they don't serve alcohol.
What's California Adventure? Is that the water park?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-10-2014, 09:19 AM
You rock! I won't hold it against you for telling me they don't serve alcohol.
What's California Adventure? Is that the water park?

Sent from my Bat Cave

That's the newer park with rides such as The Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc., and Carsland. Nothing much beyond that for the Disneyland experience.

Eli
07-10-2014, 09:20 AM
That's the newer park with rides such as The Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc., and Carsland. Nothing much beyond that for the Disneyland experience.

Is Mini Mouse there?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Is Mini Mouse there?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Sometimes Stewardess Minnie is there but generally only Pixar and Disney Jr. characters such as The Incredibles, Sully, Jake, Sophia, Doc McStuffins, are at CA Adventure. You can always find Minnie at her house in ToonTown or at the Main Plaza of Disneyland when you enter.

Eli
07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Sometimes Stewardess Minnie is there but generally only Pixar and Disney Jr. characters such as The Incredibles, Sully, Jake, Sophia, Doc McStuffins, are at CA Adventure. You can always find Minnie at her house in ToonTown or at the Main Plaza of Disneyland when you enter.

Ok for ducks sake I have to go to dryland? Ugh! I can't deal with all the kicking, screaming, attitudes, rudeness, the "I want...", snot nose, complaining, bullshit. And at the same time I will have to be around all their kids too!!!! I'm gonna need an IV of alcohol and pretend I'm sick! Will they pat me down?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Will they pat me down?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nope. ;)

Disneyland allows outside food, sandwiches and the likes. Never took any drinks in there but you don't get patted down either.

Eli
07-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Nope. ;)

Disneyland allows outside food, sandwiches and the likes. Never took any drinks in there but you don't get patted down either.

Damn!! No pay down either? This place is starting to sound really boring lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-10-2014, 10:11 AM
When are you going. My roommates are going on Tuesday of next week. You could always go and hang out with them. Lol

Eli
07-10-2014, 10:13 AM
When are you going. My roommates are going on Tuesday of next week. You could always go and hang out with them. Lol

Yea I'm gonna go hangout with your in laws...sounds like I'll need more than alcohol to recover. But I guess I have nothing else going on Tuesday so it's a possibility. It's been a few months since I've had a real shitty day. I'm over due.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Yea I'm gonna go hangout with your in laws...sounds like I'll need more than alcohol to recover. But I guess I have nothing else going on Tuesday so it's a possibility. It's been a few months since I've had a real shitty day. I'm over due.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ya I wouldn't want to hang out with these nut jobs either. That's why I'm staying home. Lol

Eli
07-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Ya I wouldn't want to hang out with these nut jobs either. That's why I'm staying home. Lol

You're resourceful...I'm sure you'll find something to do.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-10-2014, 10:27 AM
You're resourceful...I'm sure you'll find something to do.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Something or...... Nevermind. Lol

riverrunner1984
07-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Make sure to get a walking cast and get a wheel chair. Go in, get your front of the line pass, then return the wheel chair and put the walking cast in a locker for the day. Wait time in the lines will decrease significantly!

Eli
07-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Make sure to get a walking cast and get a wheel chair. Go in, get your front of the line pass, then return the wheel chair and put the walking cast in a locker for the day. Wait time in the lines will decrease significantly!

Wait time in lines? There's no alcohol wtf are people waiting in lines for?

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
07-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Wait time in lines? There's no alcohol wtf are people waiting in lines for?
Sent from my Bat Cave

Have you never really been to Disneyland?
In regards to booze, take a camelpack and fill that thing up with some booze and sip on it all day. If you need a refil, just go back to the car and top it off.

Eli
07-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Have you never really been to Disneyland?
In regards to booze, take a camelpack and fill that thing up with some booze and sip on it all day. If you need a refil, just go back to the car and top it off.

Yes I went when I was 8 then again for Grad night in 1993. Other than that I have been there for a legal convention a few times but we never get passed the ESPN zone.

I can take in my own "beverages"?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I love my sister she gets me

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
07-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes I went when I was 8 then again for Grad night in 1993. Other than that I have been there for a legal convention a few times but we never get passed the ESPN zone.
Sent from my Bat Cave

With it being so hot out, I'm sure you can bring in your own "water" in your camelpack. You know they would not want you to get dehydrated or have heat stroke. lol

Eli
07-10-2014, 11:23 AM
With it being so hot out, I'm sure you can bring in your own "water" in your camelpack. You know they would not want you to get dehydrated or have heat stroke. lol

Excellent!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-10-2014, 12:17 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave
Passed, Past....who knows the difference. I got passed on the freeway and I had a hard time getting past that ;):D
The only advise I have for you on D-Land....go a few weeks after Labor Day so most schools are back in session.

Eli
07-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Passed, Past....who knows the difference. I got passed on the freeway and I had a hard time getting past that ;):D
The only advise I have for you on D-Land....go a few weeks after Labor Day so most schools are back in session.

It's simple

Pass: location
Past: time; remember T stands for time

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
You may have thought you passed by it but in reality you didn't actually go past the ESPN Zone.(preposition, last line in your defense post;))
Go after Labor Day......honest.

Eli
07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
You may have thought you passed by it but in reality you didn't actually go past the ESPN Zone.(preposition, last line in your defense post;))

I thought I said September? Labor Day is sept 1.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-10-2014, 12:38 PM

I'm drafting a complaint right now, wanna proof it for me?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-10-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm drafting a complaint right now, wanna proof it for me?

Sent from my Bat Cave
Too many lawyer words. :D
LOL, My daughter is the linguistics major, not me. I do have a pretty good grasp on sentence structure though.
I feel like Froggy :) I should stop being so.........so petty about it. LOL :)

Eli
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Too many lawyer words. :D
LOL, My daughter is the linguistics major, not me. I do have a pretty good grasp on sentence structure though.
I feel like Froggy :) I should stop being so.........so petty about it. LOL :)

I always say...go with your gut. But, if Vic started paying me $500 an hour you're damn skippy I would proof read my posts! Until then...this is the fun zone!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
I always say...go with your gut. But, if Vic started paying me $500 an hour you're damn skippy I would proof read my posts! Until then...this is the fun zone!

Sent from my Bat Cave:hmmm:
Hmmm, I should complain to Vic about my weekly stipend rate:headscratch:....plus, it's always like 30 days late.