PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad Idea?

Eli
07-06-2014, 05:25 PM
I tried bouncing the idea off my sister and BIL and then had to leave because they got into an argument about why my BIL suggested I buy an RV. Of course it's his fault that my brain wandered with my plan. My sisters worried bc...well when I usually have a plan I make it happen.

My idea; I live in it and travel when ever I can, until I decide where I want to buy a place. They all think it's a terrible idea. I'm not convinced either way.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-06-2014, 05:32 PM
:eek: :eek:

Nordic Bear
07-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Hmmmm,,,, where would you park this RV and live??? I wouldn't consider an RV park the safest place to stay,, and they usually aren't long term.... I live in a house that's not much bigger than a big RV, square footage wise,, and I HATE IT!!!... but Mino likes it here, so we stay... weigh your options carefully little Chica bonita, Mino and me would hate to hear something bad happened to you!!!... (I worked in my spanish for the day you see... :0D...)

HB Vic
07-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Hmmmm,,,, where would you park this RV and live??? I wouldn't consider an RV park the safest place to stay,, and they usually aren't long term.... I live in a house that's not much bigger than a big RV, square footage wise,, and I HATE IT!!!... but Mino likes it here, so we stay... weigh your options carefully little Chica bonita, Mino and me would hate to hear something bad happened to you!!!... (I worked in my spanish for the day you see... :0D...)

Safety never crossed my mind. We stay at RV parks all the time...why is this any different?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:04 PM
:eek: :eek:

Idk

Thanks guys! I'll take that into consideration. I'll get back to you, it will take some time to weigh all that info into the analysis.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nordic Bear
07-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Safety never crossed my mind. We stay at RV parks all the time...why is this any different?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Is anyone going to be living in the RV with you.... lol.... a girl all alone in an RV might be a target for some creeper.... jus' sayin'.... :0)...

djunkie
07-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys! I'll take that into consideration. I'll get back to you, it will take some time to weigh all that info into the analysis.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Silence is golden. Lol

HB Vic
07-06-2014, 06:16 PM
I was just called a dipshidiot

I'm not sure what that means. Lol

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Is anyone going to be living in the RV with you.... lol.... a girl all alone in an RV might be a target for some creeper.... jus' sayin'.... :0)...
I'll have a loaded glock and a temper. Honestly, I'd prefer to kick a creeper in the nuts vs shoot him so the gun is just a way to distract him.

Silence is golden. Lol
It's never golden/

It wasn't me. But it pretty much means you did something that made someone else upset.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nordic Bear
07-06-2014, 06:22 PM

Thats a new one on me too ... LOL.... :0)...

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Thats a new one on me too ... LOL.... :0)...

Don't be a dipshidiot lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-06-2014, 06:29 PM
It's never golden/

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hmm. Just what I've heard.

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Do they have giant 1.5 foot lizards?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd do it. Have a corworker quit and do his with his family. Married with two kids. Been in Florida the last couple of months and just travelin whenever.

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd do it. Have a corworker quit and do his with his family. Married with two kids. Been in Florida the last couple of months and just travelin whenever.

Quit what?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Quit what?

Sent from my Bat Cave

His job.

Eli
07-06-2014, 06:54 PM
His job.

I'm not quitting my job! I'm quitting my home.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nordic Bear
07-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Do they have giant 1.5 foot lizards?

Sent from my Bat Cave

There were 5' long iguanas in Panama when I was there .... I here they are good eatin'... :0)....

ChumpChange
07-06-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm not quitting my job! I'm quitting my home.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Okay. We'll he did that too! Living in a motorhome. That IS the point of this thread, right?

Nordic Bear
07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Don't be a dipshidiot lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm sure you'll let me know when I've become one.... LOL....

djunkie
07-06-2014, 07:07 PM

All guys are. :D

Eli
07-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Sure will! But, I don't see that happening.

All guys are. :D

Not all of them.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Not all of them.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Oops. Speaking about myself again. Lol

Eli
07-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Oops. Speaking about myself again. Lol

Ouch! Why are you so hard on yourself today? You in the dog house?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
07-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Assuming your asking about a MoHo?
I can see the allure of having one for travel but not to live in. One of the reasons is there would be a lot of stuff to put away to go on a trip. Second, it would likely be carrying a lot of weight since it's your home. Lastly, everything is half as big in an RV ie; bathroom, refrigerator, TV just to name a few.

CH3N02

SBS933
07-07-2014, 07:00 AM
I can see the allure of having one for travel but not to live in. One of the reasons is there would be a lot of stuff to put away to go on a trip. Second, it would likely be carrying a lot of weight since it's your home. Lastly, everything is half as big in an RV ie; bathroom, refrigerator, TV just to name a few.

CH3N02 X2, You will get sick of it in time.

Eli
07-07-2014, 07:13 AM

CH3N02

X2, You will get sick of it in time.

I had a travel trailer for 5-6 months and spent every other Thursday-Sunday in it and I loved it! I had all of the same things in it as I did my house for everyday use.

I was thinking I would probably do it for about the same amount of time. But, the whole safety issue NordicBear mentioned has me almost rethinking it. Bummer :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
07-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Thought:
Cant you pay for a week in a hotel at different locations, maybe like an extended stay where there is a little kitchen to cook in as well?
I would assume it is cheaper then buying a MoHo, safer and it is still the same concept. You can drive from city to city and see which one you like the best.

Eli
07-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Thought:
Cant you pay for a week in a hotel at different locations, maybe like an extended stay where there is a little kitchen to cook in as well?
I would assume it is cheaper then buying a MoHo, safer and it is still the same concept. You can drive from city to city and see which one you like the best.

That's a great idea. However this whole idea came alive bc I want to buy a Moho.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
07-07-2014, 07:55 AM
I was thinking I would probably do it for about the same amount of time. But, the whole safety issue NordicBear mentioned has me almost rethinking it. Bummer :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

RV parks have a lot to do with how much you're willing to spend in space rent, higher space rent usually very safe ie; Islander. If you're talking about putting it in a trailer park, some are Ok, others not really.

Fwiw, I had the option of bringing my MoHo to live in at my current assignment but rented an executive style apartment instead. I'm giving up a $1000 a month in per Diem to do so but it's roomy and has washer/dryer in apt.

CH3N02

ocphotographics
07-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Not that I'm tellin ya to do it, but I dig the fact you even entertain the the idea to get out there and do it. I don't know any girls that would even think about that, then again your no ordinary girl. Just my 2¢

Eli
07-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Not that I'm tellin ya to do it, but I dig the fact you even entertain the the idea to get out there and do it. I don't know any girls that would even think about that, then again your no ordinary girl. Just my 2¢

Thank you sweetie!!! You embrace my quirks! ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

CarolynandBob
07-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Not sure I understand about you traveling to find out where you want to live. Don't you need to stay in San Diego for your job?

Anyway, this is something I could do. I went to Santee lakes for a week when my wife and kid were pissing me off. There are a lot of full timers there. Very nice and safe. They have every amenity that you could want. It was cheap. Something like 800 a month. Some things would suck. Like going to the on-site laundry. Maybe putting up with the weekenders but, they do keep the long term people in one area. Security was everywhere. All gated and i bet the full timers look out for each other and they are mostly older.

I enjoyed going out and walking the lakes. Talking to different people. Not having the typical stresses you have at home. (chores) The vacation atmosphere even though I went to work every day.

If you want to be by the coast there is a place off of the 5 just north of Balboa and one on the 8 near La Mesa. Haven't been to these so I do not know if it is nice or how much they cost.

Eli
07-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Not sure I understand about you traveling to find out where you want to live. Don't you need to stay in San Diego for your job?

Anyway, this is something I could do. I went to Santee lakes for a week when my wife and kid were pissing me off. There are a lot of full timers there. Very nice and safe. They have every amenity that you could want. It was cheap. Something like 800 a month. Some things would suck. Like going to the on-site laundry. Maybe putting up with the weekenders but, they do keep the long term people in one area. Security was everywhere. All gated and i bet the full timers look out for each other and they are mostly older.

I enjoyed going out and walking the lakes. Talking to different people. Not having the typical stresses you have at home. (chores) The vacation atmosphere even though I went to work every day.

If you want to be by the coast there is a place off of the 5 just north of Balboa and one on the 8 near La Mesa. Haven't been to these so I do not know if it is nice or how much they cost.

I don't have to live in SD for my job. I could pretty much live anywhere and I think If I was licensed in another state and moved, the partners would love the idea of expanding. Even without being licensed in another state I can move where I want as long as I can attend my hearings, which I do mostly from CourtCall.

I want to buy a place, but I'm not sure where in San Diego. This will eventually become rental property. So I was thinking until I decide I could live in the RV. I could take advantage of the time by traveling on the weekends.

I'm never home as it is and I pay an arm and a leg for rent and hotels. My BIL was suggesting that we need another RV in our fam bam and I figured I could buy one and kill the 2 birds with one stone.

I'll check out Santee lakes my friend was telling me that he spent last weekend there and really liked it.

I've seen the RV park off the 5 and that was the first location I thought of bc I've been looking for a place in that vicinity.

Thanks for the info!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

struv
07-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Also, make sure to look into RVs that would meet your needs and quality of life. They can be more expensive than you think