PDA

View Full Version : Texting Insanity!!!!

Eli
07-02-2014, 09:38 AM
:rant:

I'm curious if I'm the only one, which I am sure I am not, but do your friends and family expect you to respond to every text they send you and RIGHT AWAY? I turned my phone off for 1 hour this morning, 60 fucken minutes, I turn it back on and I have 16 text messages, 2 voice mails from my sister that I must be dead if my phone is off and 4 people I am explaining myself to, that my reason for not responding isn't because I am upset or mad or dead. :grumble:grumble

I don't get what people don't get…there are times when I cannot respond, I'm in court, I'm driving, I'm rollerblading, I'm in the water, I have no cell reception, I'm on a plane, I'm working, I just don't want to reply. Is this typical of people now? Are we all expected to respond upon receipt of texts? Do you respond immediately?

While I am at it, why is the "on rant" and "off rant" the same, why do the emoticons keep moving and why aren't they in alphabetical order????????

Disclosure: If I have offended or upset you, I am sorry. I am just very curious if this is the current expectation from and of everyone.

Ziggy
07-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Fine, dont respond :D:D:D
./
I put my phone on the lowest ring/message volume setting...If I hear it you might be lucky, otherwise it'll be whenever I decide to look at my phone and determine if a response is warranted :D

riverrunner1984
07-02-2014, 09:52 AM
I intentionally ignore people that expect a text right away....My mother being the main example lol...
They come back with "well I text you hours ago" my reply is always "Sorry, I was busy, just saw it" even though I saw it right away lol.

x10000000 on the emoticons thing....

djunkie
07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I rarely get texts anymore so it's not usually a problem.

Eli
07-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Fine, dont respond :D:D:D
./
I put my phone on the lowest ring/message volume setting...If I hear it you might be lucky, otherwise it'll be whenever I decide to look at my phone and determine if a response is warranted :D

So the question is, while you're not responding do you get questioned? Or is this the standard you set?

I ask bc people often apologize to me about not responding quickly too.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-02-2014, 10:04 AM
I intentionally ignore people that expect a text right away....My mother being the main example lol...
They come back with "well I text you hours ago" my reply is always "Sorry, I was busy, just saw it" even though I saw it right away lol.

x10000000 on the emoticons thing....

I've trained my mother so now when she's worried or concerned she texts me "I love you" and I respond with "Love you too" it's the quick way to reply and let her know I'm ok. But, if she has a question she just waits. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

westair
07-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Since I drive a lot I can't respond right away, and yes people do expect a immediate response from a text ..... 1 hour is pushing it, next day and they're pissed.

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Well I could go on for hours about texting, but I won't :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy
07-02-2014, 10:38 AM
So the question is, while you're not responding do you get questioned? Or is this the standard you set?

I ask bc people often apologize to me about not responding quickly too.

Sent from my Bat Cave
Not anymore but I used to be....now they just know its hit/miss with me.
If they text the question they have I will respond faster than if they say they got something to ask me but don't elaborate.
If someone says they're sorry for taking so long I tell 'em not to worry cuz that's how I roll too :D

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Did you know that, at least on a iphone, when a test is super super super duper long you have to click on the bottom of it and it will open a whole new window?

westair
07-02-2014, 10:46 AM
If they text the question they have I will respond faster than if they say they got something to ask me but don't elaborate.
If someone says they're sorry for taking so long I tell 'em not to worry cuz that's how I roll too :D

Yes if they don't specify what they want, they get moved way back to the end of the line ..lol .... unless its someone I'm doing work for or the person
writing the checks, most of my text are business related.

Eli
07-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Since I drive a lot I can't respond right away, and yes people do expect a immediate response from a text ..... 1 hour is pushing it, next day and they're pissed.
Sometimes I tell people I'm driving ...and they keep texting. I wanna reply with "will you pay for my ticket?"

Well I could go on for hours about texting, but I won't :D

Spill it!

It's not even questions...I do have to admit, my biggest pet peeve is when someone asks me what I'm doing or where I'm at and they're not expecting me. I want to fuck with them and say something off the wall like I'm on a spaceship.

Did you know that, at least on a iphone, when a test is super super super duper long you have to click on the bottom of it and it will open a whole new window?

I don't get it, can you please post the text so we can see what you're talking about?

Yes if they don't specify what they want, they get moved way back to the end of the line ..lol .... unless its someone I'm doing work for or the person
writing the checks, most of my text are business related.

The guy who writes my checks only gets a quick reply if it's work related lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Ummmm no lol

Eli
07-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Ummmm no lol

You're no fun!

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 11:17 AM
You're no fun!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I know lol

ChumpChange
07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
People still rollerblade? :gayfight2:

Eli
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM

Yes I do!!! It's another fun way to burn calories.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 11:30 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

There are better more fun ways to burn calories 😳.

I just don't remember what they are lol

Eli
07-02-2014, 11:33 AM
There are better more fun ways to burn calories 😳.

I just don't remember what they are lol

Yea I've just about forgot all the more fun ways, so I'm happy to let out the frustration...err...burn calories via rollerblading. It's less complicated too. My rollerblades and I get along beautifully.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Yea I've just about forgot all the more fun ways, so I'm happy to let out the frustration...err...burn calories via rollerblading. It's less complicated too. My rollerblades and I get along beautifully.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I used to do jumping jacks but since I don't jump anymore I just do Jack and diet 😁

Ziggy
07-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

With her Sony Walkman :D:D

Eli
07-02-2014, 11:50 AM
With her Sony Walkman :D:D

That would be rollerskating. Rollerblades came out after CD players.

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
07-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Sent from my Bat Cave

One of these.....:D

Ziggy
07-02-2014, 12:33 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

One of these.....:D

Opps, I meant Sony DiscMan.
I still picture yellow and green tights, poofy hair, kneehigh striped socks and a pink headband.:D

Eli
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Opps, I meant Sony DiscMan.
I still picture yellow and green tights, poofy hair, kneehigh striped socks and a pink headband.:D

Isn't that the 80's? I didn't wear rollerblades until I was 14 or 15 well into the 90's lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Isn't that the 80's? I didn't wear rollerblades until I was 14 or 15 well into the 90's lol

Sent from my Bat Cave
Yeah you're right no more knee high socks , in the 90's that change leg warmers:cool:

Nordic Bear
07-02-2014, 04:22 PM
I don't look at texting as an actual conversation until there are 3 or more replies,,,, and even then if it drops off,,,, no big deal.... I never really expect a reply anyways. .. LOL.... :0).....

bb88
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM

I'm curious if I'm the only one, which I am sure I am not, but do your friends and family expect you to respond to every text they send you and RIGHT AWAY? I turned my phone off for 1 hour this morning, 60 fucken minutes, I turn it back on and I have 16 text messages, 2 voice mails from my sister that I must be dead if my phone is off and 4 people I am explaining myself to, that my reason for not responding isn't because I am upset or mad or dead. :grumble:grumble

I don't get what people don't get…there are times when I cannot respond, I'm in court, I'm driving, I'm rollerblading, I'm in the water, I have no cell reception, I'm on a plane, I'm working, I just don't want to reply. Is this typical of people now? Are we all expected to respond upon receipt of texts? Do you respond immediately?

While I am at it, why is the "on rant" and "off rant" the same, why do the emoticons keep moving and why aren't they in alphabetical order????????

Disclosure: If I have offended or upset you, I am sorry. I am just very curious if this is the current expectation from and of everyone.

A lot like this place, I wish there was a like button for texts. That way I don't have to respond and explain myself like I am doing now. Just a "thumbs up". It could work for 3/4 of the texts I get.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Eli
07-02-2014, 05:38 PM
A lot like this place, I wish there was a like button for texts. That way I don't have to respond and explain myself like I am doing now. Just a "thumbs up". It could work for 3/4 of the texts I get.

👍

Sent from my Bat Cave

bb88
07-02-2014, 05:40 PM
👍

Sent from my Bat Cave
Nice work Eli. :)

Eli
07-02-2014, 05:40 PM

👍

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-02-2014, 05:41 PM

Ok I was messing w you but that was fun 😉

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-02-2014, 05:47 PM
👉👌 lol

Eli
07-02-2014, 05:48 PM
👉👌 lol

😳😳👍🙉🙈🙊

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nordie
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Texting Eli, nope....

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 06:12 PM
🚶🏃✌️

Milkmoney
07-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Is this the reason u didn't respond to my text when asking about you be gone here last week ?

Stainless
07-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Quit slacking and earn your social license. :p

Sent from my iPad using TapaTalk

Eli
07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Quit slacking and earn your social license. :p

Sent from my iPad using TapaTalk

I was busy rollerblading. 💪

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Eli
07-02-2014, 07:03 PM

I'm guess I'm gay

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm guess I'm gay

Sent from my Bat Cave

Those say nothing about lesbians.

Eli
07-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Those say nothing about lesbians.

The last pic is me! Batshit crazy!

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
07-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Women bladers....

Bummer

Eli
07-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Women bladers....

Bummer

Yes I'm the last one ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
07-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Yes I'm the last one ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Lol...

HB Vic
07-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Ewwwww

ChumpChange
07-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Ewwwww

You didn't say that before I posted the women!

Eli
07-02-2014, 08:08 PM
You didn't say that before I posted the women!

He's referring to the pic of me :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
07-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Who changed my thread name? WTF??

Someone shoot me text when the thread name is changed back!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Mrs.K034
07-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Who changed my thread name? WTF??

Someone shoot me text when the thread name is changed back!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hmmmm... It's funny though!!! I know quite a few people that are going to be pissed I didn't text them back tonight, though. Lol. I get to it when it when I can..

Eli
07-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Hmmmm... It's funny though!!! I know quite a few people that are going to be pissed I didn't text them back tonight, though. Lol. I get to it when it when I can..

You know what's crazy is I've reduced my texting substantially...last year in June I sent/received 3552 texts this year 1386.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
07-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Wasn't me. Going back to sleep now

Ziggy
07-03-2014, 10:56 AM
It wasn't me.....I mean it wasn't admin2 either.:D:D

HB Vic
07-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I fixed it :D

Eli
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
I fixed it :D

Thanks!! You rock!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Mrs.K034
07-03-2014, 11:21 AM
You know what's crazy is I've reduced my texting substantially...last year in June I sent/received 3552 texts this year 1386.

Sent from my Bat Cave

That means you're having more fun this year :)

Eli
07-03-2014, 11:42 AM
That means you're having more fun this year :)

Sure does and I sure am!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
07-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Saw this in Huntington just now!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/04/gaqu3uma.jpg

CarolynandBob
07-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Depends on what I am doing. If I am busy the text will wait until I am not busy. If I am not i will answer right away. The only one this bugs is my wife. She wants a response right away. Well to bad. I tell her what I just told you guys.