PDA

View Full Version : I got a damn speeding ticket...

Stainless
07-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Camera ticket outside of Payson on 260. Lucky for me it was in company truck and they won't respond unless served. I thought AZ got rid of speeding cameras, apparently not in cities. :(

CH3N02

HB Vic
07-01-2014, 08:50 PM
How fast were you going and what was the posted speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM
How fast were you going and what was the posted speed?

60 in 45. :eek:

CH3N02

HB Vic
07-01-2014, 09:12 PM
60 in 45. :eek:

CH3N02

I normally like to make my tickets worth it LOL

Eli
07-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Speeding camera?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
07-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I normally like to make my tickets worth it LOL

Oh cool, I thought you were gonna scold me, lol.

CH3N02

Mrs.K034
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Lol.. Those camera tickets are so stupid.. They can't ever prove that you got them, because they send the usps.. I'm lucky (or not) if I get all of my bills from the postal service every month. We have had 3 birthday cards with cash or check in them gone missing in the past few years. If they want people to pay them, they really should send it certified mail.

Ziggy
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Stainless, the speeding habit is a tough one, perhaps therapy or rehab is in order....:D:D
There actually is a lot of postal theft...birthday cards almost always have money of some sort. Bank statements of course are targeted but so are bills which have plenty of personal info.

Stainless
07-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Stainless, the speeding habit is a tough one, perhaps therapy or rehab is in order....:D:D
There actually is a lot of postal theft...birthday cards almost always have money of some sort. Bank statements of course are targeted but so are bills which have plenty of personal info.

Tell me about it, add to that 8 hr drives, you tend to push it some. I dont remember getting flashed by strobe either, nonetheless it was my mug in the photo. :(

CH3N02

Milkmoney
07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Ha ha :)

riverrunner1984
07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
The coolest thing I have come across with speeding tickets.

With my rental car in Europe, they had the speeding cameras built into the GPS so that it warns you when you are approaching a speeding camera.
For example, it would beep and warn you when there was 800 meters, 400 meters, 200, 100 and then at the camera. This way, you knew when to slow down and where the camera was. It even showed an icon on the GPS display so that you knew it was a camera that was coming up.
Def a nice way to avoid the tickets.

Eli
07-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Tell me about it, add to that 8 hr drives, you tend to push it some. I dont remember getting flashed by strobe either, nonetheless it was my mug in the photo. :(

CH3N02

Ugh so sorry!!!

I wonder how many people get caught with "someone else" in their car and the pic gets sent to their house...yikes!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-02-2014, 09:50 AM
The coolest thing I have come across with speeding tickets.

With my rental car in Europe, they had the speeding cameras built into the GPS so that it warns you when you are approaching a speeding camera.
For example, it would beep and warn you when there was 800 meters, 400 meters, 200, 100 and then at the camera. This way, you knew when to slow down and where the camera was. It even showed an icon on the GPS display so that you knew it was a camera that was coming up.
Def a nice way to avoid the tickets.
My wifes GPS she has here informs her of redlight camera intersections....kinda cool

riverrunner1984
07-02-2014, 09:58 AM
My wifes GPS she has here informs her of redlight camera intersections....kinda cool

Thats really cool. Can get annoying with so many beeps for the speeding cameras but a good idea.

2manymustangs
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
in the last 12 months I have shelled out about 1k for attorney fees/elevated fines to make the tickets go away (reduced to a non moving violation). First was my wife on a traffic intersection cam dealio like U stainless, then it was my son and now mine with a State Pooper... This one with the State Pooper is a major chunk to get them to reduce to a NON moving violation... My attorney is a long time friend and he never wants to charge me, but I always make him take the money just like any other Joe Blow would have to pay... Nearly $1000.000 to keep the points off of the record and keep the insurance company happy...

Stainless
07-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Problem for me is I don't pay attention to speed limit signs in municipal areas. Maybe technology will bring us signs that emit the speed limit to a device in your car. It would update every time you pass a speed limit sign, of course you could turn it off if it's not for you. It would require a monumental collaboration with government so this idea isn't going any farther than this thread. :D

CH3N02

Eli
07-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Problem for me is I don't pay attention to speed limit signs in municipal areas. Maybe technology will bring us signs that emit the speed limit to a device in your car. It would update every time you pass a speed limit sign, of course you could turn it off if it's not for you. It would require a monumental collaboration with government so this idea isn't going any farther than this thread. :D

CH3N02

My navigation tells me the speed limit...but that's like an MSRP to me :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
My navigation tells me the speed limit...but that's like an MSRP to me :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

:happy:

CarolynandBob
07-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Just paid 162.00 for my second cell phone ticket. I was in a work truck that doesn't have Bluetooth. :angry::angry:

Stainless
07-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Just paid 162.00 for my second cell phone ticket. I was in a work truck that doesn't have Bluetooth. :angry::angry:

I wish there was a Bluetooth that is clear as the earpiece on the phone.

CH3N02

CarolynandBob
07-05-2014, 08:56 AM
I wish there was a Bluetooth that is clear as the earpiece on the phone.

CH3N02

The one in my wife's car is great.

2manymustangs
08-20-2014, 06:39 PM
in the last 12 months I have shelled out about 1k for attorney fees/elevated fines to make the tickets go away (reduced to a non moving violation). First was my wife on a traffic intersection cam dealio like U stainless, then it was my son and now mine with a State Pooper... This one with the State Pooper is a major chunk to get them to reduce to a NON moving violation... My attorney is a long time friend and he never wants to charge me, but I always make him take the money just like any other Joe Blow would have to pay... Nearly $1000.000 to keep the points off of the record and keep the insurance company happy...

I just got the P.A. recommendation on my last speeding ticket, the ticket will now be "defective equipment"... I'm not sure if I agree with that... :leghump:

jordy
08-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Star Valley got rid of them briefly and then realized that they needed to up "safety" on the 260. Have 2 in each direction now. Cha-ching! As if all 8 of the departments that work that area aren't enough already.

Stainless
08-21-2014, 03:31 AM
Star Valley got rid of them briefly and then realized that they needed to up "safety" on the 260. Have 2 in each direction now. Cha-ching! As if all 8 of the departments that work that area aren't enough already.

Yup, that's the ones. I probably got zapped by second one since they are only 1/2 mile apart each direction. Next time I went through there I checked for the signs that warn you, yea they have one about the size of a Kleenex, and nothing for the second one. To say they get you coming and going would be an understatement.

2manymustangs
08-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Yup, that's the ones. I probably got zapped by second one since they are only 1/2 mile apart each direction. Next time I went through there I checked for the signs that warn you, yea they have one about the size of a Kleenex, and nothing for the second one. To say they get you coming and going would be an understatement.

:AngryFinger_7WSKJO: