PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July...

riverrunner1984
06-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Its on a Friday this year so for most people its a 3 day weekend.
I think we are just staying local this year maybe hit up Huntington Beach or something along those lines...
It will be crowded but should be a good time!

So what does everyone else have planned for the 4th?

kevnmcd
06-09-2014, 12:01 PM
We will be in Croatia this year.

Menace Marine
06-09-2014, 12:32 PM
We will be in Croatia this year.

What part? I went two years ago. It's beautiful. We had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevnmcd
06-09-2014, 12:39 PM
What part? I went two years ago. It's beautiful. We had a great time.

Outside of Pula. We have never been but we hear great things about it. We have friends that will be there that we will be staying with. They used to live there so they will be giving us the "locals" tour. Looking forward to it. If you were in the same area I would like to here ideas of things to do/see. We will be there for 5 days and then returning back to Germany for the rest of our vacation.

riverrunner1984
06-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Outside of Pula. We have never been but we hear great things about it. We have friends that will be there that we will be staying with. They used to live there so they will be giving us the "locals" tour. Looking forward to it. If you were in the same area I would like to here ideas of things to do/see. We will be there for 5 days and then returning back to Germany for the rest of our vacation.

Where in Germany? I love it there and want to go back already...

SBS933
06-09-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm staying local, I went to Parker on Memorial Day and I never seen so many cop boats on the water. 4 cop boats and the buckskin fire boat, they were on the jet skiers asses for jumping wakes. They got one of em on a DUI. to much action to put my boat on the water, so i'll pass this 4th.

Paul65K
06-09-2014, 01:14 PM
We're going on a 12 day Motorcycle trip with 3 other couples. Our plan is to spend at least one night in each of the following places......departing from Havasu;

Grand Canyon
Monument Valley (Utah)
Yosemite
Lake Tahoe
Napa
Carmel/Big Sur
Santa Barbara
Huntington Beach
Palm Springs
Back to Havasu:outtahere::outtahere::chopper:

kevnmcd
06-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Where in Germany? I love it there and want to go back already...

In Frankfurt area. Staying with my brother and his family that live on the Air Force base there. We will be there for 3 weeks minus the 5 days we are in Croatia. Hoping to travel and see surrounding areas....Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria and Netherlands.

pvhca1
06-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Gonna go spend some time at my old river park in Needles, using a buddy's pad and gonna make sure to have a good time, miss that place big time.

Rock_Bottom
06-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Big river!

dirtcrew
06-13-2014, 08:32 PM
We are staying in Fort Mohave and launching at Jack Smiths.

nowski
06-14-2014, 08:17 AM
We're going on a 12 day Motorcycle trip with 3 other couples. Our plan is to spend at least one night in each of the following places......departing from Havasu;

Grand Canyon
Monument Valley (Utah)
Yosemite
Lake Tahoe
Napa
Carmel/Big Sur
Santa Barbara
Huntington Beach
Palm Springs

That's an incredible bike ride. I rode my bike by my lonesome to Yosemite and all over the Sierra's and Bass Lake back in the mid eighties. There was no helmet law back then so a lot of that journey was with shorts and a tennis shoes. When you guy's go to Yosemite make sure you go to Glacier Point, the best panoramic view you'll ever see...

nowski
06-14-2014, 08:33 AM
When I was a kid we use to play around a lot with calcium carbide aka Bang Site. Back then (early 70's) we use to make our own home made cannons. Last week I put my order in for a couple of tubes of Bang Site and some water proof fuse. I received those orders this week and rounded up the rest yesterday. The kid is back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ71DnjhTYY

Nordie
06-14-2014, 09:13 AM
No lake or river for me, but the neighbors have spoken, we're doing a block party, a lot of us all hang out anyway...

riverrunner1984
06-16-2014, 07:29 AM
When I was a kid we use to play around a lot with calcium carbide aka Bang Site. Back then (early 70's) we use to make our own home made cannons. Last week I put my order in for a couple of tubes of Bang Site and some water proof fuse. I received those orders this week and rounded up the rest yesterday. The kid is back...

Holy Sh!T I have never seen such thing....That was awesome.

riverrunner1984
06-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Looks like we are just staying local and going to stay at a friends house for the long weekend and make it a staycation using their pool...

havaduner
06-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Heading for Havasu Landing on Thursday. Not sure what the plan is for Friday, block party on Sat. Prolly leave the boat in the garage and float with the neighbors in front of the pad.

ChumpChange
06-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Local parade on Friday morning, maybe the sis-in-laws place in HB for the afternoon and back local for fireworks. Probably a BBQ at my house on Saturday. Relaxing Sunday.

CarolynandBob
07-01-2014, 06:40 AM
Neighborhood pool hop.

rioracr
07-01-2014, 06:50 AM
already 87 here in parker with clear sky and almost glass.............what more can be said..............:bananadance:

hbchgirl
07-01-2014, 08:28 AM

Grand Canyon
Monument Valley (Utah)
Yosemite
Lake Tahoe
Napa
Carmel/Big Sur
Santa Barbara
Huntington Beach
Palm Springs

Sounds amazing!