PDA

View Full Version : I was almost killed, then almost killed somebody this weekend!!!

Skav
06-04-2014, 10:13 AM
We made a quick trip to Havasu last weekend because the kids got out of school on Friday.

We slept in Saturday morning, then gassed up, loaded the boat and headed for the marina. Perfect weather-actually kinda hot at 104, but we were excited to be on the lake.

I get to the launch ramp, back the boat to the water, hop out with the kids to get in the boat and disconnect the bow strap. My wife slid to the driver's seat to back the boat into the water, then park the trailer.

The ramp was pretty empty with one truck retrieving and another launching. As I'm walking to the boat with the kids, I see this black lifted F350 w an older Magic Deck boat come flying down the entrance to the staging area, and cut off the other guy that was ready to back down to launch. I thought to myself that it was some flat bill kid trying to show off and continued walking to the back of the boat.

I'm almost to the swim step with my 8yo daughter in front of me, and the next thing I know, my wife is laying on the horn like crazy.
I turn around thinking that I left my wallet in the Excursion. As I'm turning around, this Ahole in the black F350 hits me with his boat and knocks me into the side of my boat. There was only 18" between to two boats, and I was almost pinned. He hit the brakes because of the honking and his trailer slid almost another 5' into the water. I checked that my daughter was safe-luckily, she was smart enough to run behind our boat when my wife started honking.

The guy started backing up again, and that's when I lost it! I started pounding on the side of his boat, (hoping to punch a hole in it) and ran up to the passengers door. I grabbed the handle, ripped the door open and started screaming at the driver. My first impression was I wasn't surprised to see a chain smokin tweeker and a leathery chick in the passengers seat. They start screaming at me, ask why my wife was honking, and why I was beating on their boat. I say that they just hit me. They both say that I'm full of it, and proceed to tell me that they've been boating to over 30 years, and know what they're doing.

I'm so pissed at this point that I'm ready to climb in the truck and beat the guy senseless in front of his chick. My kids are now sitting in the boat watching in terror asking me to stop, and my wife is trying to open the excursion door to calm me down, but the trucks are too close. My wife rolls down the window and tells me to get in the boat-that it's not worth it. This is when the chick decides to start yelling at my wife. I guess I decided to let it go at that point, so I grabbed the door and FIRMLY shut it, while turning around, which as it turns out was same time the chick started to climb out I guess. Now she starts yelling that she's gonna call the police. Really, my wife says, go for it. You just hit my husband with your boat. Let's see what the cops have to say.

My wife calmly asked me to get in the boat again, and I obeyed this time. I get in the boat, but now the tweeker is out and pissed that I shut the door on his wife. I replied that she should have stayed out of it, and that he's an idiot-the kids are still watching in terror!

I now have a full view of the guy and he's about 5'8" and a buck 40 wet. I'm feeling good about my 6'1" 260 size advantage now.

Finally he starts apologizing and says that I'm overreacting. To which I again reply that I tend to overreact then somebody puts my family in danger! I tell him to have a good day on the lake, and not to kill anybody.

I haven't been that pissed in a long time. It took me an hour to calm down. After that, the rest of the weekend was perfect.

I thought this stuff only happened at Site 6. I'll pay more attention to what's going on around me on the ramp from now on;)

Nordie
06-04-2014, 10:28 AM
That's insane, your a lot more patient than me...I would have lost my cool, and probably would have ended up doing something I would regret.

HB Vic
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Congratulations. You're all grown up now. Your wife was right, it's not worth it. No matter how hard you hit them, you can't fix stupid.

Glad you're ok. Scary shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubblegoose1
06-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Congratulations. You're all grown up now. Your wife was right, it's not worth it. No matter how hard you hit them, you can't fix stupid.

Yup......

Skav
06-04-2014, 11:45 AM

Actually, this is kinda your fault Vic. I asked about Havasu or Parker, and you let me go to Havasu!

HB Vic
06-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Actually, this is kinda your fault Vic. I asked about Havasu or Parker, and you let me go to Havasu!

Oh shit!! LOL

Ok no more recommendations from me :D

Eli
06-04-2014, 12:21 PM
That's craziness! Glad you are okay.

djunkie
06-04-2014, 01:44 PM
I think I would have handled it slightly different. But that's also why I've been locked up once out there before. Lol

Ziggy
06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
At least the other guy did apologize after a bit of screamin'

Mrs.K034
06-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Wow, crazy!!!

rschap1
06-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Glad that you weren't injured.
I thought I had seen and heard all the crazy stupidity at the launches already...
never heard of anything like that though.