PDA

View Full Version : Watering Hole Reviews

Eli
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I've noticed there are a lot of people on www.hotboat.com from all over the country who go boating at their local lakes. So, it got me curious.

Where do you do most of your boating?

What's your favorite part about that body of water?

What's your least favorite?

Give us the low down. If we come to your local watering hole, what should we know? Size? Fuel accessibility? Safety? Fun? Pros? Cons? Where to stay? RV friendly or hotel?

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
06-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I started boating at Lake Mohave. I think it is absolutely beautiful there! Always trailered the boat in and out every day when we stayed in Laughlin.
Been to Havasu a handful of times. Most of the time in my 20's we went for Memorial Weekend.
Been to Parker twice and enjoyed it both times.
All 3 are different for me and depending on whom I am going with depends on where I go.

Next on the bucket list is the Lake Powell House boat.

havaduner
06-02-2014, 11:55 AM
We have a house in Havasu, some people think it's a shit hole. Love the fact I have 20 something mile of lake to run, and another 20 or so miles of river to run as well. After 30 plus years, I still find a new to me spot every once in while.
Been on Mohave a few times I think it's a beautiful lake and I keep thinking I'd like to spend a little more time there.
Been to Parker a few times, it's a great place, just not my favorite. I can definetly see why many people like it so much

HB Vic
06-02-2014, 12:11 PM
The shit hole guy is long gone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havaduner
06-02-2014, 01:26 PM
The shit hole guy is long gone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know, that one kinda stuck with me....

HotWater
06-02-2014, 06:34 PM
I've got lot's of watering holes around here, ranging from 20 minutes to 1.5 hrs away. I could go boating at a different spot 7 days a week if I wanted to. It would be hard to pick a favorite, they all have pro's and con's. Deciding where to go usually depend's on what boat and what day I want to go. Best part about having choices is being able to avoid offshore toon's, v-bottom tuna boat's and roll bar boat's :smile:

Eli
06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
I've got lot's of watering holes around here, ranging from 20 minutes to 1.5 hrs away. I could go boating at a different spot 7 days a week if I wanted to. It would be hard to pick a favorite, they all have pro's and con's. Deciding where to go usually depend's on what boat and what day I want to go. Best part about having choices is being able to avoid offshore toon's, v-bottom tuna boat's and roll bar boat's :smile:

Which one do you go to the most?

HotWater
06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Which one do you go to the most?

Hard to say, toss between the Slough and Pine Flat. I probably won't go to Pine Flat anymore this year because it's low and only getting lower:thumbsdown.

HB Vic
06-02-2014, 07:44 PM
I'll throw my $.02 out there cause I have nothing better to do right now lol

We spend most of our time in Parker. I would say our fav spot is the Blue Water Cantina. With Foxes and The Pirate a close second. All have their pros and cons, but mostly pros. The Bluewater is just way to close to us, so its convenient and easy and all the servers know us. Foxes has a pretty good breakfast, and the location is great. The Pirate is also a great location. The staff is friendly, the food is good, and they have plenty of parking.

Outside Parker, Captain Ron's at LOTO is a crazy cool place to hang out. Great good, tons of parking, good food, and super friendly staff. We cruised by at least one other bar when we were there, but didn't have enough time to stop. But the place was going off. Hopefully this year.

Havasu is always fun. Its a little harder imo to boat/bar hop, but if I had to choose a spot, it would be The Heat. That place is sick. It only has kinda somewhat questionable parking for 1 or 2 boats, so its definitely not water friendly. But the bar and location is amazing. Definitely a place to go back to again, and again.

My $.02. And I'm not a pro, I'm a rook :D

Eli
06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
I'll throw my $.02 out there cause I have nothing better to do right now lol

We spend most of our time in Parker. I would say our fav spot is the Blue Water Cantina. With Foxes and The Pirate a close second. All have their pros and cons, but mostly pros. The Bluewater is just way to close to us, so its convenient and easy and all the servers know us. Foxes has a pretty good breakfast, and the location is great. The Pirate is also a great location. The staff is friendly, the food is good, and they have plenty of parking.

Outside Parker, Captain Ron's at LOTO is a crazy cool place to hang out. Great good, tons of parking, good food, and super friendly staff. We cruised by at least one other bar when we were there, but didn't have enough time to stop. But the place was going off. Hopefully this year.

Havasu is always fun. Its a little harder imo to boat/bar hop, but if I had to choose a spot, it would be The Heat. That place is sick. It only has kinda somewhat questionable parking for 1 or 2 boats, so its definitely not water friendly. But the bar and location is amazing. Definitely a place to go back to again, and again.

My $.02. And I'm not a pro, I'm a rook :D

I guess my title was misleading...I meant where you go boating not drinking. One track mind here! Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

78Southwind
06-02-2014, 11:54 PM
I have boated the Colorado River from Lake Powell to Martinez Lake and there are some really great place to boat on the Colorado River. Here's some of the area's I really enjoyed.

Powell is awesome just for the sheer beauty the Lake has to offer. From Petroglyphs to Indian Ruins and Natural Bridges to Rock Formations. We traveled from Wahweap Marina to Bullfrog Marina (a little less than 100 miles). We stopped at the Rainbow Bridge. I don't know if you can still do it or not but there was a set of docs to tie up to and hike up to the Bridge. The coves are also ridiculous. Some of the coves go back deeper than a mile.

I have spent quite a bit of time at Lake Mohave. Some of the cool places to go is Gasoline Alley there is a littler beach once you make it all the way back (you can jump off the rocks or just hang out) and Telephone Cove Nevada side (you have to get there by water or a dirt road but it's cool place to camp or just kick back and enjoy the beach). There's some nice coves by the dam but my favorite is to take a nice cruise to Cottonwood Cove to have lunch. You have to watch out for the wind in the big basin though. I have been out there when it is like an ocean and it's not fun.

I will post some more later...

28eliminator
06-03-2014, 05:14 AM
We spend most of our time at havasu theses days. It's closer, accommodations and nightlife are great, and we know a lot of people there, but my heart is probably with lake Mohave. When Mohave is nice, there's no place better for boating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

240Hallett
06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
We've been doin' Havasu for close to 30 years, have a weekend pad there now and enjoy the shit out of it. Weekends get crowded so for the most part we stay on the south part of the lake then. Today we met some friends in the channel and then headed down to Sandpoint to party with a bunch of peeps that were on vacation there. Days like today are absolutely bitchin and make life good! A lot of people bad mouth Havasu for different issues, but try it on a Tuesday and you will probably STFU.:beer