PDA

View Full Version : Tips on going to Pirates Cove

ColeBoater
05-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I haven't been up river towards Topock since I was a kid and I have never navigated a boat up there either. How are the water levels on the river heading up to Pirates Cove, from Havasu?? Any spots that I should be extra careful navigating through on my way up there? Any tips would be appreciated! :D

Eli
05-29-2014, 02:21 PM
I know @Outboardrick goes out there often and he seems very observant. Maybe he can chime in?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Bobby V
05-29-2014, 02:32 PM
I haven't been up river towards Topock since I was a kid and I have never navigated a boat up there either. How are the water levels on the river heading up to Pirates Cove, from Havasu?? Any spots that I should be extra careful navigating through on my way up there? Any tips would be appreciated! :D

The mouth of the river. The left side is where you can go thru the no wake zone.

ColeBoater
05-29-2014, 02:40 PM
The mouth of the river. The left side is where you can go thru the no wake zone.

I have been through the mouth, as we like to hang out in speed ally sometimes. Is that the only place I really need to be careful, as far as shallow water goes??

kevnmcd
05-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Yes unless you plan on going up past the bridge in Needles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-034
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Water levels are very high right now, as far as a tip for going to Pirates Cove, bring alot of money :D

ColeBoater
05-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes unless you plan on going up past the bridge in Needles.

Thanks kevmcd.....saw you were up that way for Memorial Day so I am sure you know well. Thanks for the response. Definitely not going past Pirates Cove, but that would be a fun trip to go all the way to Laughlin......have always wanted to do that since I was a kid.

Stainless
05-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Water levels are very high right now, as far as a tip for going to Pirates Cove, bring alot of money :D

Wish there was a thanks button!

CH3NO2

ColeBoater
05-29-2014, 03:12 PM

CH3NO2

hahahaha!! :action-smiley-035:

K-034
05-29-2014, 03:28 PM

CH3NO2

LOL, your welcome :thumb:

Try out Topock great food

Ziggy
05-29-2014, 03:30 PM
, as far as a tip for going to Pirates Cove, bring alot of money :D

CH3NO2
:thumb:

kevnmcd
05-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Try out Topock great food

X2 Great place

ColeBoater
05-29-2014, 03:53 PM
That was the plan. We roll into town around 10am on Sunday and will be heading up there for lunch and then to Pirates.

Bobby V
05-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks kevmcd.....saw you were up that way for Memorial Day so I am sure you know well. Thanks for the response. Definitely not going past Pirates Cove, but that would be a fun trip to go all the way to Laughlin......have always wanted to do that since I was a kid.

Why not past Pirates.? Its a nice run up to Needles with no sand bars at all. Nice big houses right on the river. Just past the Needles bridge is when it gets where you need to know that part of the river.

ColeBoater
05-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Why not past Pirates.? Its a nice run up to Needles with no sand bars at all. Nice big houses right on the river. Just past the Needles bridge is when it gets where you need to know that part of the river.

I will have to check it out for sure.

papaletch4130
05-31-2014, 01:36 PM
X2 on topock!! They try to charge you just for parking on the beach at pirates. There food is expensive and not good at all.

Eli
05-31-2014, 02:01 PM
X2 on topock!! They try to charge you just for parking on the beach at pirates. There food is expensive and not good at all.

They charge you for parking your boat on the beach? I was just there 2 weeks ago and they didn't charge us nor have we ever been charged when we beach the boat there.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
05-31-2014, 02:04 PM
They charge you for parking your boat on the beach? I was just there 2 weeks ago and they didn't charge us nor have we ever been charged when we beach the boat there.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Across the canal from the bar on that long beach in the past the park rangers cruise through and collect for parking there. It's happened to me a bunch of times. Not sure if they do it on the bar side.

Eli
05-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Across the canal from the bar on that long beach in the past the park rangers cruise through and collect for parking there. It's happened to me a bunch of times. Not sure if they do it on the bar side.

Oh I see...I think I've only parked on the other side once a few years ago.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
05-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Oh I see...I think I've only parked on the other side once a few years ago.

Sent from my Bat Cave

We've been going up there for years before the pirate bar was there. Always parked on that beach. I'd say about 50% of the time we got hit up for day use payment.

Eli
05-31-2014, 02:09 PM
We've been going up there for years before the pirate bar was there. Always parked on that beach. I'd say about 50% of the time we got hit up for day use payment.

Why not park on the "free" side?

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
05-31-2014, 02:18 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

If I remember correctly that wasn't always a sandy beach over by the bar. I think they cleaned that up when the bar got built. It used to be so different up there. You could go up on a Saturday in the summer and there'd be maybe 20 boats in that cove.

Bobby V
05-31-2014, 06:55 PM
If I remember correctly that wasn't always a sandy beach over by the bar. I think they cleaned that up when the bar got built. It used to be so different up there. You could go up on a Saturday in the summer and there'd be maybe 20 boats in that cove.Yep Pirates Cove RUINED that part of ParK Moabi. Used to be a nice beach with people BBQing having a good time with PLENTY of beach for everybody. Then PC came and fucked it up.

HB Vic
05-31-2014, 07:05 PM
Yep Pirates Cove RUINED that part of ParK Moabi. Used to be a nice beach with people BBQing having a good time with PLENTY of beach for everybody. Then PC came and fucked it up.

Kind of typical for "progress" though don't ya think?

Anytime development comes in and develops undeveloped areas they usually get fucked up for the purpose for which they were actually intended.

Bobby V
06-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Kind of typical for "progress" though don't ya think?

Anytime development comes in and develops undeveloped areas they usually get fucked up for the purpose for which they were actually intended.Yes..But Park Moabi had been there for years. It wasn't a undeveloped area. The park was doing fine until PC came in and screwed up the whole upper river. Now the PC that opened in Parker is a different story. That part of the river has been screwed up for years. :happy:

papaletch4130
06-01-2014, 07:39 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave Pirates dont let you drink your own beer on the free side. Has to be from the bar.

Eli
06-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Pirates dont let you drink your own beer on the free side. Has to be from the bar.

Not when you're with me ;) or if you're on your boat.

Sent from my Bat Cave

papaletch4130
06-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Well sitting on your boat is pointless you can do that anywhere.. Pirates blows just remember that haha

LB247XS
06-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Yep Pirates Cove RUINED that part of ParK Moabi. Used to be a nice beach with people BBQing having a good time with PLENTY of beach for everybody. Then PC came and fucked it up.

X2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

joepump1
06-02-2014, 12:39 PM
As long as your feet are touching the water, you can drink your own beer.

ColeBoater
06-02-2014, 01:27 PM

So if I park on the Bar side, not allowed to drink my own beer unless in water or sitting in my boat??

Eli
06-02-2014, 01:41 PM
So if I park on the Bar side, not allowed to drink my own beer unless in water or sitting in my boat??

Correct.

Sent from my Bat Cave

joepump1
06-02-2014, 02:41 PM
You can sit on the beach, as long as any part of your body is touching the water, you're good to go!!!!

Bobby V
06-02-2014, 03:03 PM

My buddy rents one of those bungalos and brings his own booze. :champagne: