PDA

View Full Version : Havasu or Parker this weekend???

Skav
05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Were heading out Friday as soon as the kids get out of school. We'll be picking them up with the boat attached;)

We are planning to stay at a buddies place in Havasu, but also have the option to stay at a place in Parker. I haven't been to Parker since High School, so it's been 2 or 20years;)

I know what to expect in Havasu, and not sure about Parker. Parker looks fun. We would be skiing and tubing most of the time. I want the kids to have fun and don't want to be worried about traffic and rough water all weekend.

Decisions decisions! Help me decide.

ColeBoater
05-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Were heading out Friday as soon as the kids get out of school. We'll be picking them up with the boat attached;)

We are planning to stay at a buddies place in Havasu, but also have the option to stay at a place in Parker. I haven't been to Parker since High School, so it's been 2 or 20years;)

I know what to expect in Havasu, and not sure about Parker. Parker looks fun. We would be skiing and tubing most of the time. I want the kids to have fun and don't want to be worried about traffic and rough water all weekend.

Decisions decisions! Help me decide.

I prefer Havasu with the kids since you can find a nice cove to beach in and not worry about "traffic and rough water". We usually head down towards Havasu Springs and can ski/tube all day. Plus, the water is warmer in Havasu!!

HB Vic
05-27-2014, 03:50 PM
I'd go either place at this point. Oh that's me.

I like Parker cause its easy and I'm lazy :D

mouzer
05-27-2014, 04:32 PM
I prefer Havasu with the kids since you can find a nice cove to beach in and not worry about "traffic and rough water". We usually head down towards Havasu Springs and can ski/tube all day. Plus, the water is warmer in Havasu!!

x2 with havasu alot safer with kids,i wouldnt tow my kids on a weekend in parker.........go down to the springs like he said matter of fact tow one of the kids down there..quiet and nice and safe..........

ColeBoater
05-27-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd go either place at this point. Oh that's me.

I like Parker cause its easy and I'm lazy :D

LOL!! I should start going to Parker. From my house, with no traffic, I can be there in 3 - 3.5 hours.

Skav
05-27-2014, 05:31 PM
One huge plus for Parker is that my wife really hates packing up the boat every day. She would rather be right on the water. Also, the kids could play on the dock in Parker too.

HB Vic
05-27-2014, 05:33 PM
One huge plus for Parker is that my wife really hates packing up the boat every day. She would rather be right on the water. Also, the kids could play on the dock in Parker too.

Pros and cons for both I guess. Our place is in Parker so absolutely no excuse to not go there. But to be honest, it does get a little boring when you want to stretch your legs a little. Havasu fits that bill well. On the other hand, like you said, its a all day deal.

I like both. But I am lazy :D

Skav
05-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Lazy sounds pretty good right now. Maybe we'll see you there then.

rioracr
05-28-2014, 07:02 AM
do a day on Parker and see if it fits into what you like to do cause the week days are not like the weekends but Havasu has its good points to on weekdays, check out both...........:idea:

Eli
05-28-2014, 08:02 AM
I prefer Havasu. If you want to keep it simple, get a slip at the Marina. Makes life way easier and you're not adding the task of launching and retrieving each day.

Sent from my Bat Cave