PDA

View Full Version : Need a ac guy for my 93 truck ac n corona area

mouzer
05-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Id rather give my money to a guy on here that does ac repairs for my truck
my ac dont work compressor dont come on and its the old style 93 chevy,needs to be checked and updated to the new codes/system......anybody recomend a shop in my area.....

2manymustangs
05-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Id rather give my money to a guy on here that does ac repairs for my truck
my ac dont work compressor dont come on and its the old style 93 chevy,needs to be checked and updated to the new codes/system......anybody recomend a shop in my area.....

Mouzer, putting the GM AC controls aside the A/C part of the system is very very simple... With a 93 it is prolly on the fence for R12 versus R134, my memory is shot and I no longer remember the cut over year...

Save yourself some $$$ if you don't find someone to hook you up... I can walk you through it over the phone... First do a good visual inspection of the condensing coil connections in front of the radiator and look for refrigerant line connections that seem excessively oily/greasy at the junctions, be suspect of those points... IF your truck is R12 versus R134 it will say on the core support (sticker tells the charge specs)...

Can you buy R134 on the cheap in Cali at the parts stores???

mouzer
05-13-2014, 06:56 PM
yes mine is r12 and needs to be r134

2manymustangs
05-13-2014, 07:16 PM
yes mine is r12 and needs to be r134

Easy deal, not sure about GMs but many fords were already using the urethane O-rings at that point in time...

PM me with a good time to call you IF you don't get a hook up from someone else and in the mean time look for potential leaks... Around the compressor lines, behind the clutch on the compressor, at the unions, around the condensing unit... You may just slightly hit one of the schrader valves to see if the system is TOTALLY flat or if there is still some charge left...

IF you were here I would be a buddy and give you two lbs of R12 but Im not packing it on the airplane... Personally I just swap all of the stuff I work on over to R134 and be done with it... WOrks great and is easy to get around here, usually you can find it on sale this time of year...

Whatever you do, DON'T put any of that stop leak shiiaaat in the system... :D