PDA

View Full Version : Best Boating State

Eli
05-12-2014, 07:14 AM
In your opinion, which state has the best boating, what type of boating are you referring to and why?

Thanks for your public service! ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
05-12-2014, 08:02 AM
Cali:

lots of water (key factor)

-circle boat action
-drag boat action
-offshore action
-water ski race action
-recreational boat action

As great as the water is in the midwest/Missouri, we don't have any circle boat action... :(

Cali is where it all started......

Paul65K
05-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Never Boated there but gotta think Florida has to be right up there.......at least for Saltwater boating. For freshwater boating you gotta go with CA for overall availability/year round weather, but I gotta think that Utah and Lake Powell would have to be considered.

The boating in the midwest specifically LOTO is great but they definitely have a limited season vs. So Cal/AZ and pretty much everywhere up and down the Colorado river.

Stainless
05-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Only seen pictures but the lakes in Texas look to be a lot of fun.

CH3NO2

Paul65K
05-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Only seen pictures but the lakes in Texas look to be a lot of fun.

CH3NO2
Personally I think the lakes in TX are fine if you live in TX but they are typically very muddy and not "World Class" like LOTO or the lakes along the Colorado......no offense to anyone in TX and I was excited when I moved there but didn't put the boat in the water once in 15 months there and we were only 10 minutes to Lake Grapevine and 20 minutes to Lake Lewisville.

The chain of lakes out of Austin were better but not great IMHO

Sharp shooter
05-12-2014, 08:50 AM
As great as the water is in the midwest/Missouri, we don't have any circle boat action... :(

There used to be....

iBoat
05-12-2014, 10:45 AM
gotta be CA

2manymustangs
05-12-2014, 12:40 PM
There used to be....

days gone by my friend, days gone by...... :cry2:

314joey
05-12-2014, 01:53 PM
There's lots of different kinds of boating, as far as "powerboating" it's got to be Florida, it's where Don Aronow (Thunderboat Row) started it all back in the 60s and early 70s, he started almost every big boat company of which most are still in business today, how about Formula, how about Cigarette, how about Donzi, google the man, he's a legend.

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/boats/history-cigarette-founder-don-aronow#.U3E0E0rD-M8

Slacker
05-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Since I prefer fresh water over salt water it would be Utah because of Lake Powell, Arizona the rest of the Colorado River Res.'s than Missouri for Table Rock, Truman and Lake of the Ozarks.

28eliminator
05-12-2014, 07:23 PM
There's lots of different kinds of boating, as far as "powerboating" it's got to be Florida, it's where Don Aronow (Thunderboat Row) started it all back in the 60s and early 70s, he started almost every big boat company of which most are still in business today, how about Formula, how about Cigarette, how about Donzi, google the man, he's a legend.

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/boats/history-cigarette-founder-don-aronow#.U3E0E0rD-M8

Off shore boating, Florida is got to be it. But for lake and river boating, Colorado river basin and lakes are king :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eli
05-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Is boating in the Gulf as rough as the ocean?

I've driven a Donzi. It was super fun and turning was a breeze compared to a cat.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
05-12-2014, 08:31 PM

I've driven a Donzi. It was super fun and turning was a breeze compared to a cat.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm impressed you can feel the handling difference between a cat and V, that's a compliment! ;) Have you been able to drive a twin engine cat? Kinda cool to cut throttle on inside engine and bury trim in a turn. :)

CH3NO2

314joey
05-13-2014, 03:26 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Well to be accurate, the Gulf is an ocean, but no, it's not as rough as the Atlantic which is on the East Coast of Florida, the Intercoastal Waterway (ICW) is the nicest, it's a system of channels that run between the mainland and the barrier islands, most of the time the ICW is like a Lake, it just has dolphins and blue/green water, come try it. you'll love it.

Eli
05-13-2014, 05:23 AM
I'm impressed you can feel the handling difference between a cat and V, that's a compliment! ;) Have you been able to drive a twin engine cat? Kinda cool to cut throttle on inside engine and bury trim in a turn. :)

CH3NO2

Thank you!

I have but I haven't turned in one lol. It's on my list ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave