PDA

View Full Version : Water Ski Races June 7-8 Lake Perris

Eli
05-06-2014, 09:43 AM
http://nwsra.net/uploads/14schedule.pdf

Who's going? Last time we were at Lake Perris I really enjoyed the lake. Should be nice.

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
05-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Hmmmmmmm. Maybe the 7th on my way back from the HRE Open House in Vista.

BadFish
05-06-2014, 11:40 AM
I plan on being there, should be a great venue, and a great time as always!

HB Vic
05-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I plan on being there, should be a great venue, and a great time as always!

Welcome to www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com)!!

GotHalos
05-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Bummer same weekend as tube float in Parker.

TheKeysLife
05-08-2014, 07:53 PM
We should be racing if the boat gets finished In time #36 panic attack

Eli
05-08-2014, 09:31 PM
We should be racing if the boat gets finished In time #36 panic attack

Are you close to finishing the boat?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
05-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Bump...

obnoxious001
05-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Direct quote from NWSRA

"The status of the event scheduled at Lake Perris on June 7 & 8 has become tentative due to low water level at the lake. NWSRA is closely monitoring the situation and are in constant communication with lake authorities. A final determination on the event will be made within the next two weeks. Participants should make plans to attend and we will keep everyone updated as the situation develops. We are going to hold off on opening online registration at this point."

I also know there was a meeting at the San Diego race discussing how much money was being lost at each race, so suspect that may be part of the reason for this announcement.

Eli
05-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Direct quote from NWSRA

"The status of the event scheduled at Lake Perris on June 7 & 8 has become tentative due to low water level at the lake. NWSRA is closely monitoring the situation and are in constant communication with lake authorities. A final determination on the event will be made within the next two weeks. Participants should make plans to attend and we will keep everyone updated as the situation develops. We are going to hold off on opening online registration at this point."

I also know there was a meeting at the San Diego race discussing how much money was being lost at each race, so suspect that may be part of the reason for this announcement.

That's too bad. I hope it goes forward.

Thank you for sharing the info!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
06-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Bummer

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/03/uvu7u6e5.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
06-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Yet they plan on running the Big Dogs on the same lake. WTF :hmmm:

Eli
06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Yet they plan on running the Big Dogs on the same lake. WTF :hmmm:

When is that?

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
06-03-2014, 11:13 AM
When is that?

Sent from my Bat CaveNot really sure, but there were a couple of threads on here about it.

Eli
06-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Not really sure, but there were a couple of threads on here about it.

Are you referring to the event that already took place?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Brian
06-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I flew over Perris yesterday on my way into John Wayne and the water level didn't appear low to me at all. There were several boats running around all over the lake. I wonder if there is some other underlying reason and they are using the water level as an excuse?

Eli
06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I flew over Perris yesterday on my way into John Wayne and the water level didn't appear low to me at all. There were several boats running around all over the lake. I wonder if there is some other underlying reason and they are using the water level as an excuse?

Hmmmmm

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
06-03-2014, 01:46 PM

I think you are right.
I have a facebook friend that was there on Sun. Based on the pics, the lake did not appear low either.

Havasuing
06-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately race event cancellations are becoming more frequent. If you check out recent ski race results here in the States, you'll notice a continuing drop in participation (boats and skiers) levels. If there's not enough entries to cover race costs (which are always rising) the clubs and associations don't have a choice but to cancel the event. No one seemingly has an answer or solution to reverse the trend. Hope the Catalina Ski Race on July 19 has a good turn-out.

TheKeysLife
06-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Bummer!!

redant
06-03-2014, 10:47 PM
The state has been working on the dam. Seismic retro fitting. Water level was lowered for this project. From reading on the Dept of Water Resources page, it doesn't take much of a drop to have a huge effect on this lake. 1584ft is listed as normal water level. At 1582 some ramps close, docks need to be moved, etc. I am guessing the water level isn't going up to normal any time soon.

Yes, the numbers for participants is dropping way down. Sad to see, but not going to get into all that. I think it would have been a fun venue to race at.

obnoxious001
06-04-2014, 03:40 PM

I would guess the same, but I have a friend who ran his boat out there the previous two weekends and he told me water level was down pretty low.