PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Dog

HotWater
04-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Finally got to take my play boat to the water today. Little motor I assembled get's up on the pipe and rip's for a pump gas deal!387213872238723

HB Vic
04-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Sweet. Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli
04-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Nice way to spend the day!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GotHalos
04-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Finally got to take my play boat to the water today. Little motor I assembled get's up on the pipe and rip's for a pump gas deal!387213872238723

That is one badass play boat! Perfect color combo with the metal flake!! :thumbup:

What lake is that?

HotWater
04-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Sweet. Have fun!!!
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice way to spend the day!

Yeah it was fun!
Sent from my Bat Cave

That is one badass play boat! Perfect color combo with the metal flake!! :thumbup:

What lake is that?
Thanks dude! Old school at it's finest, the rigging matches also, just too bad it needed repairs on deck and side. Can't match the flake and would have to be completely repainted. That is out at the Mendota Slough, not so much a lake but more like a big river, canal type deal. Water is usually always perfect for going fast!

Sharp shooter
04-19-2014, 08:16 PM
That's pretty cool!! It's nice having a war wagon that you don't have to worry about scratching. :thumbsUp:

One more for the metal flake nation!!!lol

HotWater
04-20-2014, 08:32 AM
That's pretty cool!! It's nice having a war wagon that you don't have to worry about scratching. :thumbsUp:

One more for the metal flake nation!!!lol
Thanks Jerry! I figured you would like it, flake rules!

K-034
04-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Bad ass lake boat Sean, kinda nice to get out every once in awhile and enjoy some normal boating :thumb:

Sharp shooter
04-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks Jerry! I figured you would like it, flake rules!

So what's the story with this boat? Any cool history?

HotWater
04-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Bad ass lake boat Sean, kinda nice to get out every once in awhile and enjoy some normal boating :thumb:

Thanks bro! You should slap a basic pump gasser in 034 and we could go terrorize some spots!

HotWater
04-22-2014, 02:21 PM
So what's the story with this boat? Any cool history?

I have'nt been able to find out much about it. Charlie & Paula Martin owned it and from what I hear she was a pretty good asphalt drag racer. No evidence of numbers on boat but it is rigged right and has some well known names lettered on. The passenger seat was backwards like a ski racer.388083881038811

gn7
04-22-2014, 05:43 PM
That's a kick ass little boat Sean.

wannabe
04-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks bro! You should slap a basic pump gasser in 034 and we could go terrorize some spots!

I know of a 570 inch pump gasser that ran the 034 boat to serious triple digits, that just happens to be for sale for real cheap. Would make a cool as hell lake hot rod. It is even painted to match.
http://www.buzzzmiller.com/39chadsit.jpg
And I know it will bolt up.
Or, I could build you a pro stock legal engine that would outrun the K. ???

wannabe
04-22-2014, 07:04 PM

I know of a 570 inch pump gasser that ran the 034 boat to serious triple digits, that just happens to be for sale for real cheap. Would make a cool as hell lake hot rod. It is even painted to match.
http://www.wannaberacing.com/39chadsit.jpg

greg duff
04-22-2014, 07:07 PM
bad ass sean!!!

ChumpChange
04-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Sweet setup.

Sharp shooter
04-22-2014, 07:46 PM
I have'nt been able to find out much about it. Charlie & Paula Martin owned it and from what I hear she was a pretty good asphalt drag racer. No evidence of numbers on boat but it is rigged right and has some well known names lettered on. The passenger seat was backwards like a ski racer.

Check with spudpilot on pb he worked at Cerney and might remember the boat or have old pics. The 8 turnbuckles cav was standard
ski boat or ski race set up vs the 10 for sprint racing. Not saying that means much, but the boat may have started life as a ski race
boat which if it is will make it very heavy (and solid).

WESTERNAERO
04-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Sean, that is a bitchin boat. If ever decide to sell it let me know.

HotWater
04-22-2014, 10:44 PM
That's a kick ass little boat Sean.Thanks Bob!

http://www.buzzzmiller.com/39chadsit.jpg
Or, I could build you a pro stock legal engine that would outrun the K. ???Hey now.... I don't need him getting too radical with a play boat, I have a hard enough time with him at the races.

bad ass sean!!!Thanks Greg, you will need to come out and rip it up with us too!

Sweet setup.Thank you

Sean, that is a bitchin boat. If ever decide to sell it let me know.Thank you but I think someone else has his eyes on it. Check out this little pirate already trying to commandeer daddy's toy. 3883038831

Sharp shooter
04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Lol!!! Cute kid Hotwater! :D

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=38831&d=1398231824

gn7
04-24-2014, 01:53 PM
That thing is good as spoken for He's just looking for the words to clue you in. :wink2:

mouzer
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
very nice makes me want to get the biesemeyer done.......i picked up some super stock headers today for 500 freshly coated 1000 dollar headers

mouzer
04-24-2014, 04:20 PM
thats not the boat bergeron beat me too in az that he bought then sold for more $$$$$$$$

HotWater
04-24-2014, 10:35 PM
thats not the boat bergeron beat me too in az that he bought then sold for more $$$$$$$$

Yep, same one.

K-034
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.wannaberacing.com/39chadsit.jpg

Tempting :hmm

K-034
04-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by wannabe

Hey now.... I don't need him getting too radical with a play boat, I have a hard enough time with him at the races.

I don't know, you've beat me every time, :pound:

That would be fun though, and I like how you are getting the boy started early :thumbup:

wannabe
04-25-2014, 05:23 PM
I went over to a guys house, looked over that boat and said I would take it. I had the cash in my pocket. He said that he would sell it to me, but another guy asked him to hold it for a day. I waited, and that guy came back and bought that biesemeyer. I even had an engine fresh off the dyno that war ready for it. I was going to slap some paint on it, fix a few floor issues and run. It looks like it finally found a good home.

Oh, and that engine was the easiest driving and best mannered engine I have ever had in a flat. Runs on E-85, makes lots of torque all across the board, and not a ton of horsepower up high. Small cam and small maintenance. It is sitting over at Joey Cucci's shop. Great engine.

mouzer
04-25-2014, 07:41 PM
i know how u feel i saw it and called said cash in hand and i will leave at 3 am he said he was holding for a guy that was on his way

but now i have the stevens hydro and the biesemeyer but im about to get out of boating and buy a sreet rod...nah

spudpilot
05-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Yes, we (Al Cerny Racing Engines) did all of the machine work for Charlie and Paula's boat, Charlie always assembled his own program unless he was in a bind. In order to qualify for the hot boat race you had to pull at least one skier, Paula was usually one of the skiers! They were very active in Desert Boat and Ski Club............

Great to see the "Sundance" re-surface

HotWater
05-29-2014, 08:40 AM
That's awesome you remember it, thanks for posting.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/30/e9abaqug.jpg

spudpilot
05-29-2014, 10:20 AM
I say this with reverence, Charlie had his own ideas about things and wanted them done his way!! I always got along with Charlie and Paula, good people and good racers........................

Sharp shooter
05-30-2014, 09:20 AM
Yes, we (Al Cerny Racing Engines) did all of the machine work for Charlie and Paula's boat, Charlie always assembled his own program unless he was in a bind. In order to qualify for the hot boat race you had to pull at least one skier, Paula was usually one of the skiers! They were very active in Desert Boat and Ski Club............

Great to see the "Sundance" re-surface

That's cool John! Love the history! :thumbup:

spudpilot
05-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks Jerry, these threads make me dig deep into the gray matter, brings back found memories and times!!

paulam
07-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Yes, I drove it. It was new and out of the mold when Charlie put it together to ski race and boat race it. He and I both ski raced behind it, but it was really a boat you enjoyed boat racing in. It would take a nice set right at the hit of the throttle, and was fast. He won a couple of national championships with it and I won one. I ended up buying my own boat, another Beiser, and we raced against each other. Fun times. I still have a number of pictures of it. I eventually sold my boat and got into fuel funny cars.

HotWater
07-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Yes, I drove it. It was new and out of the mold when Charlie put it together to ski race and boat race it. He and I both ski raced behind it, but it was really a boat you enjoyed boat racing in. It would take a nice set right at the hit of the throttle, and was fast. He won a couple of national championships with it and I won one. I ended up buying my own boat, another Beiser, and we raced against each other. Fun times. I still have a number of pictures of it. I eventually sold my boat and got into fuel funny cars.

How cool! I've always wondered of it's past. It's a really fun boat to rip around in and your right it drives great! I actually took it out today and played around for a little bit. What class did you guy's race it in? I would love to see some old pictures of it. Welcome to the site and thank you for replying to my thread.

wannabe
07-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Wow. One of my favorite women in racing. Posting on this site here in the middle of nowhere.
I remember that Pluegar chassied beast running around in the ranks of the NHRA world. Let me think- Ford Probe body on it there at the end? The last time I can remember hanging out in the drag pits with you would have to be at the Mile Highs, say- about 20 years ago??
Funniest thing is that there was a little toy they sold at K-mart about a year after the last race I remember you at. It made a few different noises and sounds of the strip. And they took the sound file for a funny car burnout from one of your burnouts. I should have bought that little toy when I found that out. But, like missing this boat by one phone call, I missed out.
Glad to see you are still around. I hope all is well.
Buzzz Miller-

HB Vic
07-20-2014, 09:24 PM

Welcome to www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com), please enjoy your stay :D

paulam
07-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Yes, I drove it. It was new and out of the mold when Charlie put it together to ski race and boat race it. He and I both ski raced behind it, but it was really a boat you enjoyed boat racing in. It would take a nice set right at the hit of the throttle, and was fast. He won a couple of national championships with it and I won one. I ended up buying my own boat, another Beiser, and we raced against each other. Fun times. I still have a number of pictures of it. I eventually sold my boat and got into fuel funny cars.We also ran both of the boats we owned at APBA races in Pro Comp. We started out with dual carbs and then went to injectors on the Sundance. 4 bolt main, 427 bored out... Cerny initially did the engine and it lasted forever. After Cerny was hurt in the sand rail accident, we started putting everything together. It is so good to see it in your pictures! I do have some pictures of it from "the day" on my Facebook page-Paula McHam Martin, feel free to "friend me", otherwise you won't be able to open my pics. Oh, the deck damage was from a Las Vegas/Lake Mead race; Charlie was racing it in really rough water and it chimed in, and broke the hull. We had it fixed, and we ran it for awhile, then sold it to a friend for a run-around-the-lake boat. We were concerned about racing the hull.

paulam
07-24-2014, 12:25 AM
Thanks for your kind words, Wannabe. Yep, the last year I raced in fuel was 1999, geez it doesn't seem so long ago, but it really is. The last time I ran Denver, I think I went out the back door....loved racing. Never knew about the burn out thing with the toy, that's cool to hear. Geez, those burn outs were fun.

paulam
07-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Thank you. I appreciate the welcome Hotboat.