PDA

View Full Version : New launch fees at Lake Havasu Marina

Paul65K
04-18-2014, 09:03 AM
FYI........Just wanted to let everyone know that the Marina has raised the fees effective 4/15 to $10 weekdays (no change) and $20 Fri/Sat/Sun. Guess they didn't change the weekday rates to keep the locals happy :)

Singleton
04-18-2014, 09:08 AM
So glad I have a pass at the Nautical. Wonder how many folks will migrate to Windsor now that the weekend rates got raised.

Ziggy
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Glad I don't boat as much on weekends anymore. State Parks will get a few people back.

Sent by tapatalk with good intentions

niceguyeddie
04-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice ramp but I never liked launching there because you have to idle all the way out of Thompson Bay.

djunkie
04-18-2014, 11:23 AM
I was surprised to see that last weekend. Kinda sucked but it's still the best launch ramp in town so I'll keep using it.

Bobby V
04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes and no for me on that. What bothers me about Windsor is the wakes and wind blowing through there and the very small dock. It gets crowded really fast in there, and it's not as easy putting the boat back on the trailer because of the wind and wakes? The nice thing about thompson bay is that it keeps the LHC marina calm and wake free. I miss the Islander ramp though, now that my dad sold his place in there, I realize how much I took that private ramp for granted. Easy n and easy out, no hassles. Windsor took a lot of adjusting for me I guess because I was soooo spoiled at the Islander ramp.;) Its also gets so wet at Windsor, my dads Avalanche wouldn't pull his 25 cat out w/o 4-drive on. everytime we used that ramp.

Yep...Nailed it again Pokey. Last thing you want when the wind kicks up is to be at Windsor.

niceguyeddie
04-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Yes and no for me on that. What bothers me about Windsor is the wakes and wind blowing through there and the very small dock. It gets crowded really fast in there, and it's not as easy putting the boat back on the trailer because of the wind and wakes? The nice thing about thompson bay is that it keeps the LHC marina calm and wake free. I miss the Islander ramp though, now that my dad sold his place in there, I realize how much I took that private ramp for granted. Easy n and easy out, no hassles. Windsor took a lot of adjusting for me I guess because I was soooo spoiled at the Islander ramp.;) Its also gets so wet at Windsor, my dads Avalanche wouldn't pull his 25 cat out w/o 4-drive on. everytime we used that ramp.

I've never launched at Windor or Site 6. I've read enough horror stories on the forums over the years to know to avoid those ramps.
I'm a private ramp guy. I have a pass for Willow Valley and the Islander. That waiting in line shit is for the birds.

Paul65K
04-18-2014, 02:00 PM
I've never launched at Windor or Site 6. I've read enough horror stories on the forums over the years to know to avoid those ramps.
I'm a private ramp guy. I have a pass for Willow Valley and the Islander. That waiting in line shit is for the birds.
Yup....:nutswinger::nutswinger:

Ziggy
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Man, what a bunch or launch ramp snobs...lol :D

Sent by tapatalk with good intentions

SJP
04-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Windsor is not bad. I guess I am just used to it. Islander is nice but I have found that ramp gets busy at times as well.

Jeffmurray1957
04-19-2014, 05:41 AM
38698I am going to use windsor this week for desert storm since the islander is to sharp a turn with a large tow vehicle. I have been there before its not that bad.

Eli
04-19-2014, 07:04 AM
38698I am going to use windsor this week for desert storm since the islander is to sharp a turn with a large tow vehicle. I have been there before its not that bad.

It's the river! Nothing is that bad! :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Relaxalot
04-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Sad that a 25 percent increase happened. I wonder how they justify this type of number? I guess they don't have to. Just a big jump. Imagine if you had a business and raised prices that much at once. I guess there are not alot of other comparable alternatives. Supply and demand..

Paul65K
04-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Sad that a 25 percent increase happened. I wonder how they justify this type of number? I guess they don't have to. Just a big jump. Imagine if you had a business and raised prices that much at once. I guess there are not alot of other comparable alternatives. Supply and demand..To make matters worse it's actually a 33.3% increase with the old price being 75% of the current........retail guys will recognize this as Mark-up vs. Margin :D

Whatever it is, it's a pretty big bump!

Music to my Ears
04-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Sad that a 25 percent increase happened. I wonder how they justify this type of number? I guess they don't have to. Just a big jump. Imagine if you had a business and raised prices that much at once. I guess there are not alot of other comparable alternatives. Supply and demand..

Jerry at the booth there told me two weeks ago that their land lease jumped up more then 25% (I don't recall the exact percentage). He said they decided to keep it open with the increases. Sounded like they contemplated closing it.

Singleton
04-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Jerry at the booth there told me two weeks ago that their land lease jumped up more then 25% (I don't recall the exact percentage). He said they decided to keep it open with the increases. Sounded like they contemplated closing it.

I thought they owned that land.

kevnmcd
04-19-2014, 05:18 PM
FYI........Just wanted to let everyone know that the Marina has raised the fees effective 4/15 to $10 weekdays (no change) and $20 Fri/Sat/Sun. Guess they didn't change the weekday rates to keep the locals happy :)

That sucks! Oh well, no one said boating was cheap.

hpboats83
04-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I will still be using the marina, that's the only place I like.

Stainless
04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
I will still be using the marina, that's the only place I like.

Price is steep but I do like how they run the place with expedience, shuttles to your vehicle, and it's protected from wind mostly. I've only used it a couple times when I woke up late, hungover and Windsor was full. :D

Islander is great also, but you either have to camp there or rent storage from them to use theirs. ;)

CH3NO2

28eliminator
04-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Found out about the increase the hard way this morning.... Oh well, still the best place to launch as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from somewhere on the water

Stainless
04-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Found out about the increase the hard way this morning.... Oh well, still the best place to launch as far as I'm concerned.

Are you guys there for the count or returning home and back next weekend for DS?

CH3NO2

C-2
04-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Oh my, the concessionaire lease with the Arizona State Land Department is up? :yikes:

I guess since they stopped being weenies about noise and size limits, everything has been cool. Or do we still hate Lake Havasu Marina, lol.

You know you're oldschool HB if you know what I'm talking about. :)

ChumpChange
04-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Oh my, the concessionaire lease with the Arizona State Land Department is up? :yikes:

I guess since they stopped being weenies about noise and size limits, everything has been cool. Or do we still hate Lake Havasu Marina, lol.

Boycott the Marina!!!!! :D

Stainless
04-20-2014, 07:03 AM

I remember all the posts about the noise nazi, I take it he's gone ?

CH3NO2

hpboats83
04-20-2014, 07:04 AM

They never put a decibel meter near my boat or gave me any problems so they're good in my book

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Unforgiven
04-20-2014, 07:10 AM
they never gave us any hassels with our past boats..and when we showed up last year, they saw the blower and mufflers and said all was good..I love launching from there..lots of room ..very little wind..Windsor gets real tight on the bigger weekends...and If Mateo doesn't like it, you know its a great place to launch....

28eliminator
04-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Are you guys there for the count or returning home and back next weekend for DS?

CH3NO2

Going back home tonight, work Monday and Tuesday, back out Tuesday night :D

When are you coming out?

C-2
04-20-2014, 07:33 AM
They never put a decibel meter near my boat or gave me any problems so they're good in my book

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You were still watching Barney when it was going down.

Heck, I think Mateo even had hair back then (at least, a few of them). :D

Stainless
04-20-2014, 07:34 AM
Going back home tonight, work Monday and Tuesday, back out Tuesday night :D

When are you coming out?

I'm sitting this one out. Using the time and $ for a vacation this summer. :)

CH3NO2

Menace Marine
04-20-2014, 09:47 AM
I got turned away with my old southwind. Told the guy to test me. He said no. Go away. At least that's the forum PC version of what he said. Ever since the economy tanked though its been easy. I guess they figured if you could pay the fee they wouldn't turn you away.
I hate the fee but it is a much better ramp than Windsor. On off weekends I use site 6. It's easy and free. But holiday weekends the main ramp is the best choice for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk