PDA

View Full Version : A "Like" button?

PokerRun388
04-18-2014, 06:15 AM
Good morning Mr. HB, were you still considering a "like" button? Sometimes I come in here and I read a funny post and would love to "like" or "thank" it and not necessarily post in the thread...;)

What do you think?:)

TGIF everyone!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless
04-18-2014, 06:30 AM
I know this is off topic, have you seen this PR?
http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats-engines/1904-new-platinum-series-388-skater-wins-best-paint-in-tampa

CH3NO2

HB Vic
04-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Good morning Mr. HB, were you still considering a "like" button? Sometimes I come in here and I read a funny post and would love to "like" or "thank" it and not necessarily post in the thread...;)

Good morning PR.

I decided against it for a few reasons. The primary reason is we want to encourage people to post in threads. I think a like button would only give them a reason not to post. And it would make the site too much like IG or some of the other sites who have like buttons.

Paul65K
04-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Good morning PR.

I decided against it for a few reasons. The primary reason is we want to encourage people to post in threads. I think a like button would only give them a reason not to post. And it would make the site too much like IG or some of the other sites who have like buttons.Dictator........just sayin' :bowdown:

PS......this is NOT a political post :rolleyes

HB Vic
04-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Dictator........just sayin' :bowdown:

PS......this is NOT a political post :rolleyes

Taboma
04-18-2014, 07:29 AM

LIKE :thumbsUp::iagree:

Taboma
04-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Good morning PR.

I decided against it for a few reasons. The primary reason is we want to encourage people to post in threads. I think a like button would only give them a reason not to post. And it would make the site too much like IG or some of the other sites who have like buttons.

DON'T LIKE :sorry:

Eli
04-18-2014, 08:02 AM
I'm not a fan of the "like" button either. If you like something enough then post it. The "like" button reminds me of FaceBook or Instagram, which in those situations seem appropriate.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
04-18-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm not a fan of the "like" button either. If you like something enough then post it. The "like" button reminds me of FaceBook or Instagram, which in those situations seem appropriate.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Fair enough......how about a "thanks" button then :rolleyes

Eli
04-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Fair enough......how about a "thanks" button then :rolleyes

Thanks!

Wow that was so easy to just type ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
04-18-2014, 08:13 AM
How about the Green and Red "reputation" buttons of HB past. That went over so well. lol

Ziggy
04-18-2014, 08:30 AM
:thumb:

Sent by tapatalk with good intentions

ChumpChange
04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Good morning PR.

Agreed. Don't want to creep too much on RiverChat's layout. :D

Paul65K
04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
How about the Green and Red "reputation" buttons of HB past. That went over so well. lol

Yeah that would be easy to do and wouldn't cost much....."chump change" for a guy like hot boat :D