PDA

View Full Version : Disney icon

Music to my Ears
04-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Just met one of Disney's early icon's, Richard Sherman. Sorry, just a quick cell phone pic that's not great quality.

He and his brother Robert Sherman wrote the music to "It's a Small World" which opened 50 years ago today. There seems to be a lot of news coverage on the events today.

As many of you know, the Sherman brothers wrote the music for "Mary Poppins", "The Jungle Book", "Winnie the Pooh", and many other movies and attractions over the years.

I try and not overdo on the Disney stuff but thought I'd share. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/sata2agy.jpg

Stainless
04-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Cool!! ;)

CH3NO2

ChumpChange
04-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Very cool. Tons of news coverage today from early this morning on the news to probably tonight. It was of course closed when I was there a couple of weeks ago in preparation.

JBS
04-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Not to date myself but I rode the small world ride when it originated at the Worlds Fair in NY

Music to my Ears
04-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Not to date myself but I rode the small world ride when it originated at the Worlds Fair in NY

That would be cool to see how different it was at the World's Fair before it moved to Disneyland.

CampbellCarl
04-10-2014, 03:53 PM
There is so much coolness about the Park and its history and happenings.

I worked with a guy a few years ago who was bestowed a 'Construction Mikey' sticker for his hard hat. I understand that in the Disney Construction arena, those are just about the most coveted award that can be earned by either an employee or outside contractor. Joe ended up being hired by the Disney Construction Group sometime after the sticker award. Guessing that one had alot to do with the other.

Music to my Ears
04-10-2014, 04:35 PM

I worked with a guy a few years ago who was bestowed a 'Construction Mikey' sticker for his hard hat. I understand that in the Disney Construction arena, those are just about the most coveted award that can be earned by either an employee or outside contractor. Joe ended up being hired by the Disney Construction Group sometime after the sticker award. Guessing that one had alot to do with the other.

I've heard that as well. Cool story!

gn7
04-10-2014, 05:07 PM

Its a Construction Mickey, and yes its a huge deal. Obviously, calling it a Mikey, you could never hope to earn one. You couldn't kiss enough ass to over come that fuck up

ChumpChange
04-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Hey Mikey! He likes it!

Hey Bob. No profanity in Disney threads!

Paul65K
04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Just met one of Disney's early icon's, Richard Sherman. Sorry, just a quick cell phone pic that's not great quality.

He and his brother Robert Sherman wrote the music to "It's a Small World" which opened 50 years ago today. I try and not overdo on the Disney stuff but thought I'd share. That is awesome man........thanks for sharing, you have the coolest job I can imagine :thumbup:

I just wish you hadn't said "It's a small Word"....................now I'll have that fuckin' song going through my head all night :grumble

gn7
04-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey Mikey! He likes it!

Hey Bob. No profanity in Disney threads!

Is that like no boat content in the sandbox. Opps, that gets violated. How about booze content on boat threads, Nope, that to hard to do for some. Just too many f$&king rules

Eli
04-10-2014, 07:22 PM
That must've been so wonderful to meet him! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Bobby V
04-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Very cool. Tons of news coverage today from early this morning on the news to probably tonight. It was of course closed when I was there a couple of weeks ago in preparation.I can hear the firework show here in Yorba Linda every night during the summer. Tonights has been going on for a lot longer then normal.

Music to my Ears
04-10-2014, 09:51 PM
That is awesome man........thanks for sharing, you have the coolest job I can imagine :thumbup:

I just wish you hadn't said "It's a small Word"....................now I'll have that fuckin' song going through my head all night :grumble

Sorry about that Paul! I hear ya, I haven't been on that attraction since my kids were young. Playing the song occasionally is plenty!!

Ziggy
04-10-2014, 10:29 PM
My mother adored Walt and Disney in general. She took us on IASW as often as possible....dad, me and my brother were bummed she wanted to burn E tickets on it all the time. :D
Congrats on meeting Richard. Name was familiar to me but couldn't place it until reading your whole post. Some iconic melodies from those brothers:thumbup::thumbup:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Music to my Ears
04-11-2014, 07:53 AM
A couple more quick pics from yesterday. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/yqy7ajum.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/6ama2yba.jpg

78Southwind
04-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Does Sherry Alberoni still do The Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer reunions? I grew up next door to her brother and was friends with her nephews so once in a while we would get free tickets when she was performing.

Music to my Ears
04-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Does Sherry Alberoni still do The Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer reunions? I grew up next door to her brother and was friends with her nephews so once in a while we would get free tickets when she was performing.

I don't know the answer to that one. I haven't seen or heard of one in some time.