PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Cigarettes

Stainless
04-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Not planning on taking up smoking. I'm seeing more people using them these days and wonder if they are mostly attracting new smokers or people trying to quit conventional cigarettes? It seems weird to see people puffing on these indoors i.e. Home Depot, Walmart etc.

CH3NO2

ChumpChange
04-09-2014, 05:25 AM
You talking about the Vape things or are they the same thing? I see the Vape everywhere.

Stainless
04-09-2014, 05:31 AM
You talking about the Vape things or are they the same thing? I see the Vape everywhere.

I think so, the metal ones about 6" long.

CH3NO2

Eli
04-09-2014, 05:39 AM
The people I know who use them are "trying to quit" but then I always see them smoking actual cigarettes too. Gives me the impression that they are just in need of something in between the cigarettes.

Smoking is gross. Not sure why anyone does it.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
04-09-2014, 05:41 AM
The people I know who use them are "trying to quit" but then I always see them smoking actual cigarettes too. Gives me the impression that they are just in need of something in between the cigarettes.

Smoking is gross. Not sure why anyone does it.

Sent from my Bat Cave

....and expensive, to each his own I guess.

CH3NO2

ChumpChange
04-09-2014, 05:52 AM
These things are a new status symbol for smokers. Modifications, personalization. Throwin money at an already bad habit. The new cool in that circle although it sure does look funny when you pull up to a red light and you see some dude sucking on one in the car next to you.

Paul65K
04-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Not sure why anyone does it.

Sent from my Bat Cave
Maybe some people feel the need to always have something in their mouth :yikes:

riverrunner1984
04-09-2014, 07:24 AM
When Kim and I stopped smoking 2 years ago we used the E-cigs, especially while drinking...We were sure to get the ones without nicotine.
After a couple months, we stopped using them all together.

gn7
04-09-2014, 08:29 AM
When Kim and I stopped smoking 2 years ago we used the E-cigs, especially while drinking...We were sure to get the ones without nicotine.
After a couple months, we stopped using them all together.

Lot of experts here that know all about some of the people using the. Probably the same people on city counsels trying to ban the outside your own home.

I guess the EXPERTS think if you vape and smoke, the vaping is just a fade or status thing. WTF!!!
Aside from 4 people that I know that quite smoking using them, I know 2 people that have lost a shit load of wait using them too, which kind if surprised me.

Its the typical shit. If I'm not doing it, I don't want you allowed to do it.

GRADS
04-09-2014, 08:37 AM
it sure does look funny when you pull up to a red light and you see some dude sucking on one in the car next to you.

So you're saying you saw Westernaero and Unforgiven at a red light? :yikes:

HB Vic
04-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Personally I don't give a shit what you suck in to your lungs, as long as it doesn't affect me.

I do have an issue with a few yahoo's who want to do this shit at work while they're working. They say they're not smoking and it isn't against the law. Ok dipshit. I'm not paying you to use one hand and suck on a pipe with the other. If you only need one hand to work, then I'll only pay you for one hand. Get the pipe company to pay you for the other half. Fuckers.

The good news is a policy is in the works to ban this shit in the workplace now. I won't even get in to the shit you can lace these things with and get high while no one is the wiser. Why can't they just be normal like the rest of us and wait until after work to get trashed :D

GRADS
04-09-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm not paying you to use one hand and suck on a pipe with the other.

Seriously, what's with all the Westernaero and Unforgiven references in this thread?

Eli
04-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Vapor or smoke they both smell awful and I prefer it not around me or my lungs.

Sent from my Bat Cave

WESTERNAERO
04-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Seriously, what's with all the Westernaero and Unforgiven references in this thread?

Starting already fucker.

HB Vic
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Starting already fucker.

He's been getting up early lately. I wonder what's up? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless
04-09-2014, 09:32 AM
He's been getting up early lately. I wonder what's up? Lol

I noticed this too, and it's affecting his game as far as posting goes. C'mon Grads, let Mrs D up for some air, I'm sure she's getting sore by now. :D

CH3NO2

thatguy
04-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I don't know about any "status symbol", but I do know that Deb and I both quit smoking last July.
We each smoked for over 25 years.
Those E cigs made it seem possible, and although we had determined to quit anyway, I credit the e cigs for keeping us from "cheating".

I have a cheap rechargeable one now that uses disposable tips.
It is a green smart product that uses a vegetable based "nicotine".
Deb rarely touches them at all now.

ChumpChange
04-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Lot of experts here that know all about some of the people using the. Probably the same people on city counsels trying to ban the outside your own home.

I guess the EXPERTS think if you vape and smoke, the vaping is just a fade or status thing. WTF!!!
Aside from 4 people that I know that quite smoking using them, I know 2 people that have lost a shit load of wait using them too, which kind if surprised me.

Its the typical shit. If I'm not doing it, I don't want you allowed to do it.

Bla bla bla. Should I go out on a limb and guess you like to suck on things all day? Anybody can type your post directed at you and be just as correct as you are.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Vape smells good. Lots of flavors.

thatguy
04-09-2014, 09:44 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Lol, I bet your liver wishes it had the same status as your lungs!

Eli
04-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Lol, I bet your liver wishes it had the same status as your lungs!

My liver has no complaints ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

gn7
04-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Personally I don't give a shit what you suck in to your lungs, as long as it doesn't affect me.

I do have an issue with a few yahoo's who want to do this shit at work while they're working. They say they're not smoking and it isn't against the law. Ok dipshit. I'm not paying you to use one hand and suck on a pipe with the other. If you only need one hand to work, then I'll only pay you for one hand. Get the pipe company to pay you for the other half. Fuckers.

The good news is a policy is in the works to ban this shit in the workplace now. I won't even get in to the shit you can lace these things with and get high while no one is the wiser. Why can't they just be normal like the rest of us and wait until after work to get trashed :D

I agree Vic. I don't think it should be allowed in any where smoking isn't. In fact, the vast majority of the people doing it as a replacement for smoking and using it to quite, no different than a patch or gum or what ever, do not do it where they can't smoke.

But you when you get dipshits that bitch with the guy in the car next to him using one, or some bitch that claims she can smell it, but can't tell you what she smells, they fall in the category of whiners and bitchers The guy can be vaping waffles with maple syrup, with bacon and some snakey bitch will whine she smells tobacco smoke. Ya I just happen to have that flavor, with NO nicotine, and I can have a piece of fruit and coffee in the morning and I'm fine.

The expert whiners have NO CLUE what the shit is. It VAPOR, no different than steam. NOTHING is burnt. If you could collect the vapor, it would condense right back to what it was before minus however much the body absorbed. And that vapor every person reading this ingest every fucking day of their lives. Its vegetable oil and propylene glycol. If the second one scares you, STOP FUCKING EATING ANYTHING you don't grow in your garden. Its in more shit than you want to know about. Starting with the gallon of Haagen Daz Eli polished off last night.

Like anything else, there are abuses in this. Like Vic said, people doing it where they should, if for no other reason, than its not cool to belch and fart in the office. People do respect others that surround them. I don't care to sit next to some filthy skank that smells of perfume all day.
You got tons of collage kids doing it like its the newest fad, and the bigger badder cloud the better. That's not helping the issue either.

So it has two negatives working against it. The morons that its nothing more than a fad, I will admit that is happening big, AND IT SUCKS, because they are the really don't give shit the "image" it creates for legit users.

And then you got the legal begals that want the shit stopped, and the whiners that claim that it smells like tobacco smoke when it load with peppermint candy, or mango kiwi smoothie. Those people need to get a fucking life, and seek professional help, because their smelling shit that isn't there. Or they are just being a $#%&

Between the two negatives, these assholes will probably fuck up one the best devices there is to quit smoking and in some cases, lose weight.
One thing I have learned from this one subject, like anything else, there is no shortage of assholes, ON BOTH SIDES!!!

Stainless
04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Congrats to anyone that makes use of this method to quit smoking!

Bob, as for that last diatribe you posted I can summarize it as follows,
arguing this subject "is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, you soon realize the pig enjoys it."

CH3NO2

Eli
04-09-2014, 10:30 AM

arguing this subject "is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, you soon realize the pig enjoys it."

CH3NO2

I agree if it helps you quit smoking, then it's great! Just not around my lungs. I'll get up and walk away. I don't expect people to accommodate me.

Also, agree re: pigs :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

gn7
04-09-2014, 10:37 AM

It wasn't rant to who is right or if the pig enjoys it. Just pointing out there are morons and whiners on both sides of this. As far as some ones lungs, if you can smell a stir fry when you cook it, you're inhaling the same shit, BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME SHIT.

Now should somebody be subjected to a stir fry, or frying bacon in the work place, or anywhere else if they don't care to be. At the same time, I don't what to smell some fat shank perfume all day either, and some the shit in those vapors isn't exactly in the top 5 healthiest shit to inhale, But do you think the fat pig cares? FUCK NO!!

Eli
04-09-2014, 10:51 AM
It wasn't rant to who is right or if the pig enjoys it. Just pointing out there are morons and whiners on both sides of this. As far as some ones lungs, if you can smell a stir fry when you cook it, you're inhaling the same shit, BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME SHIT.

Now should somebody be subjected to a stir fry, or frying bacon in the work place, or anywhere else if they don't care to be. At the same time, I don't what to smell some fat shank perfume all day either, and some the shit in those vapors isn't exactly in the top 5 healthiest shit to inhale, But do you think the fat pig cares? FUCK NO!!

Forgive me for forgetting, but can you refresh my recollection as to where you obtained your MD? And what studies you are aware of that indicated stir fry smoke and vapor from esigs are the same?

If I remember correctly, people didn't think cigarettes were bad for you either. Frankly, if I have trouble breathing...I have trouble breathing. It's that simple.

Here's something that may help

Sent from my Bat Cave

thatguy
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
The unofficial medical consensus is that on average ecigs are appr. 75% "less harmful" than cigarettes.
That was before the recent FDA approval as a cessation aid, so the official medical standing may have changed.
Note that it is not 100% healthy for you...as almost every breath you take anywhere is not pure air or healthy either.

I have never heard of a person being able to smell the vapor from a non flavored e cig.
We did a "field test" with a friend of mine who is the classic anti smoking crusader.
This guy chokes if a person even THINKS of lighting a cig.
I blew it directly into his face from inches away and he smelled nothing.
The flavored ones I am pretty sure do give off an aroma though.

gn7
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Forgive me for forgetting, but can you refresh my recollection as to where you obtained your MD? And what studies you are aware of that indicated stir fry smoke and vapor from esigs are the same?

If I remember correctly, people didn't think cigarettes were bad for you either. Frankly, if I have trouble breathing...I have trouble breathing. It's that simple.

Here's something that may help

Tell you what genius. You list all the shit that is in the puke they perfume and cologne, what ever, and I will list everything vape juice, and lets see want is who every day food and what is listing as hazardous material. Trust me Eli, you do not walk into court with that list. You'd look like a uneducated stooge.

Eli
04-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Tell you what genius. You list all the shit that is in the puke they perfume and cologne, what ever, and I will list everything vape juice, and lets see want is who every day food and what is listing as hazardous material. Trust me Eli, you do not walk into court with that list. You'd look like a uneducated stooge.

Oh shit you just reminded me I get paid to argue...I don't want to start doing it for free. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

WESTERNAERO
04-09-2014, 11:34 AM

You should have her list all the chemicals she uses to paint her fingers and toes. And then all the chemicals to remove the paint from her fingers and toes. And then ask her why she isn't she worried about getting breast cancer and having her tits lopped off from those chemicals that are proven to never leave your system. But her lungs feel fine and she can't blame somebody else so it's okay.

HB Vic
04-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Oh shit you just reminded me I get paid to argue...I don't want to start doing it for free. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hahaha, good one!

gn7
04-09-2014, 11:51 AM
You should have her list all the chemicals she uses to paint her fingers and toes. And then all the chemicals to remove the paint from her fingers and toes. And then ask her why she isn't she worried about getting breast cancer and having her tits lopped off from those chemicals that are proven to never leave your system. But her lungs feel fine and she can't blame somebody else so it's okay.

Or the FACT that the remover ALL and ANY type of remover are ALL know to be carrier agents, and not ALL the polish you see in a towel is ALL the polish, So where is the rest of the polish and remover.

gn7
04-09-2014, 11:52 AM

Hopefully not very much, because you are that good at it.

ChumpChange
04-09-2014, 12:18 PM
although it sure does look funny when you pull up to a red light and you see some dude sucking on one in the car next to you.

But you when you get dipshits that bitch with the guy in the car next to him using one,

Who's bitching? Reading comprehension anyone?

gn7
04-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Who's bitching? Reading comprehension anyone?

When somebody starts BITCHING what somebody is doing in their own car, you getting pretty fucking controlling. You consider hooking up with NSA an joining the thought police.

I don't want to smell some fat pig wearing Chanel in the office, but she can shit pants in her car for all I care. But I see you want TOTAL control over such activities.
You'd be right at home in 1933 Germany, which is right where you control freak what to take the country.

GRADS
04-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Things I've learned about GN7: He takes jet boats, butt sucking and nail polish remover very seriously.

ChumpChange
04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
When somebody starts BITCHING what somebody is doing in their own car, you getting pretty fucking controlling. You consider hooking up with NSA an joining the thought police.

Just letting you know you look stupid doing it. GRADS summed it up pretty well. Sorry for jumping on such a serious subject of yours. ;)

HB Vic
04-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh the tension LOL

Does anyone who posted in this tread actually use these things?? Hahahaha

ChumpChange
04-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh the tension LOL

Does anyone who posted in this tread actually use these things?? Hahahaha

It appears Bob does.....right Bobby?

Bobby V
04-09-2014, 07:09 PM
It appears Bob does.....right Bobby?
Yea. I deleted my post. Didn't want to be part of the bashing. But I know what I saw.

78Southwind
04-09-2014, 07:49 PM
I have never used any of this stuff but I use to smoke and know how focking hard it is to quite. So I am all for it as long as you don't do it by me in a bar or restaurant.

Ziggy
04-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Think there are at least 4 or 5 cities in San Diego county that have regulated them the same as cigs.

From my POS T-mobile thingie

FireBall
04-10-2014, 07:34 AM

Did you say fat shank? Lmao.

You're still a douchebag btw. That was an epic reply however.

Wendi
04-10-2014, 08:22 AM

Shank shank shank

Wendi
04-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Things I've learned about GN7: He takes jet boats, butt sucking and nail polish remover very seriously.

I'm truly mortified if this is true!

ChumpChange
04-10-2014, 08:24 AM

I glanced over his post until your comment. :D

Wendi
04-10-2014, 08:25 AM
I've tried the hooka ones and they do nothin for me except make me light headed.

ChumpChange
04-10-2014, 08:51 AM
I've tried the hooka ones and they do nothin for me except make me light headed.

So they worked?

HB Vic
04-10-2014, 08:59 AM

Wait, light headed before or after you puffed?? Lol

Wendi
04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Wait, light headed before or after you puffed?? Lol

I can't recall

FireBall
04-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Shank shank shank

Didn't you threaten to shank me the other night? Lol.

JBS
04-10-2014, 10:28 AM
The Vapor cigs don't bother me. Why someone would think that is gay is beyond me. Is it because it goes in the mouth? To me gay is a Dude wearing a Toe ring :D

Fat shanks with cheap perfume bother me a lot. Actually they don't.. I just avoid Fat skanks.

What does bother me is that people can't spell Quit. What is with adding the e to Quit.

Thats all

JBS

HB Vic
04-10-2014, 10:31 AM
What does bother me is that people can't spell Quit. What is with adding the e to Quit.

Thats all

JBS

Quite, quit, quiet....don't they all mean the same thing just different tenses? LOL

HolyMoly
04-10-2014, 11:01 AM
The vapor cigs don't bother me in general. But I did have a guy who had one that had a ton of steam, and was standing upwind from me and a few other people. When he would exhale, the steam would literally engulf us. I asked him to move down wind, and he said it's only vapor and some kind of fruit flavor and I said, that is fine, but the vapor is exaggerating your halitosis and it smells like you've been eating cat shiat dipped in passion fruit. The guy got super embarrassed and moved down wind.

Eli
04-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Thats all

JBS
👍

The vapor cigs don't bother me in general. But I did have a guy who had one that had a ton of steam, and was standing upwind from me and a few other people. When he would exhale, the steam would literally engulf us. I asked him to move down wind, and he said it's only vapor and some kind of fruit flavor and I said, that is fine, but the vapor is exaggerating your halitosis and it smells like you've been eating cat shiat dipped in passion fruit. The guy got super embarrassed and moved down wind.

Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

04-10-2014, 12:48 PM
The hell is a fat shank anyways?

Is it some sort of prison slang?

HB Vic
04-10-2014, 12:50 PM
The hell is a fat shank anyways?

Is it some sort of prison slang?

You trying to play it off? You know what it means lol

04-10-2014, 01:06 PM
You trying to play it off? You know what it means lol

Even that one got me. I asked my prison translator and she said, tell the honkey who said that to learn how to talk:D

HB Vic
04-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Even that one got me. I asked my prison translator and she said, tell the honkey who said that to learn how to talk:D

She said. I see what you did there LOL

thatguy
04-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I think that it is bizarre that the crusaders are knocking a cessation aid.

The vast majority of the ecig users are people trying to quit a habit they wish they had never started.

I don't even smoke now and the crusaders still irritate me with their whining.

Like I used to say to my holier than thou friends when they would bitch, " just remember, I can drag you out of a burning building and never cough once"...

nowski
04-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Smoking is a legal way for the government to reduce the population. These new e-cigarettes is the new updated version that appeals to the younger crowd that will some day (IMO) reduce the population in the future. Any way you look at it cigarettes vs. e-cigarettes is a way of ingesting chemicals into the body that over the long haul will be fatal...

ChumpChange
04-10-2014, 07:51 PM
like i used to say to my holier than thou friends when they would bitch, " just remember, i can drag you out of a burning building and never cough once"...

lmao..