PDA

View Full Version : Intercoolers

ogshotgun
04-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I want to add a intercooler to my engine...i know nothing about them .. there are so many options on the cores, and what has the same specs from company to company almost double .. help me sort this out ...want to do it right from the start

WESTERNAERO
04-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Go to Teague and buy a new one. They have the best pricing I've found.

Menace Marine
04-07-2014, 10:28 PM
PF marine coolers are bad ass. If I did it again I would buy one. Otherwise blower shop makes a real nice billet unit. That's what I run now. We are a dealer for them. I can get you pricing if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WESTERNAERO
04-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah, your engines at Dustin's, why don't you just have him handle it for you.

ogshotgun
04-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Oh yeah, your engines at Dustin's, why don't you just have him handle it for you.

its not about the price right now .. its about the core .. whats the big differences , who has the best ? a billet case looks pretty but its just a holder for the core correct?
a cast case polished or powder coated does the same job as a billet case, its a core holder....

cores seem to be all over the place..single pass
multiplepass
straight tube
Kupernickel

Menace Marine
04-09-2014, 02:24 AM
I'll get you all the info as soon as we get back from the boat show.

Menace Marine
04-09-2014, 02:25 AM
Sorry. Been super busy. Just got home at 2 am.

ogshotgun
04-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Sorry. Been super busy. Just got home at 2 am.

iam in no hurry LOl you have my motor still ..sorry about that

ogshotgun
04-09-2014, 09:21 PM
PF marine coolers are bad ass. If I did it again I would buy one. Otherwise blower shop makes a real nice billet unit. That's what I run now. We are a dealer for them. I can get you pricing if you want.

just spoke with JASON at Pf, he claims his basic intercooler cools as much as the whipple double core, and also bno pre filter or sand strainer needed , if it goes thru your sea strainer it goes thru his intercooler, complete shipped is 4g

gn7
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
just spoke with JASON at Pf, he claims his basic intercooler cools as much as the whipple double core, and also bno pre filter or sand strainer needed , if it goes thru your sea strainer it goes thru his intercooler, complete shipped is 4g

Yeah, I have always heard 24 karat gold is one of the best heat conductors you can by.