PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Edge....Boating related

Unforgiven
03-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Sorry this isn't politcial, but it is boating related...So tomorrow morning Westernaero and myself are make a trip down to Cutting Edge to pick up some props...So while were down there..we'll take pics of the shop and how he does stuff around there.We might get a video in with Westernaero doing at interview with Auggie...We'll get there around 8:00 traffic permitting..So if anyone feels the need to fuck with Westernaero, we'll see you there..

ELI, this is not a personal invite for you to come and hang out...

Stainless
03-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Is Greg not the owner anymore? I talked to him at DS 2 years ago, I was really impressed with his knowledge.

CH3NO2

Unforgiven
03-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Is Greg not the owner anymore? I talked to him at DS 2 years ago, I was really impressed with his knowledge.

CH3NO2

Greg is out and Auggie and son are running the show..

WESTERNAERO
03-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Sorry this isn't politcial, but it is boating related...So tomorrow morning Westernaero and myself are make a trip down to Cutting Edge to pick up some props...So while were down there..we'll take pics of the shop and how he does stuff around there.We might get a video in with Westernaero doing at interview with Auggie...We'll get there around 8:00 traffic permitting..So if anyone feels the need to fuck with Westernaero, we'll see you there..

ELI, this is not a personal invite for you to come and hang out...
You're quickly earning "fucktard" status.... See you in the morning, make sure you have my coffee..

Unforgiven
03-27-2014, 03:13 PM
You're quickly earning "fucktard" status.... See you in the morning, make sure you have my coffee..

Fucktard?/ Jordy still calls me that of FB...see ya in the morning...

joepump1
03-27-2014, 04:06 PM
I tested 4 different C/E props a few weeks ago. They are BADASS. Agustine knows how to build a prop. Customer service is the best. I'll be picking up 3 more props to test on Monday. I'm playing with different 4 and 5 blades, pitch, cup/no cup. These C/E props have out performed my labbed Bravos. A lot less slip too.

28eliminator
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Good guys.. I have a Solas, and a Mach I need to send them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stainless
03-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Greg is out and Auggie and son are running the show..

You and Western should sell them some advertising space on HB. Every comment I have read about them is positive.
I'm sure HB would buy both of you a shot of FB. ;)

CH3NO2

Unforgiven
03-27-2014, 08:23 PM
You and Western should sell them some advertising space on HB. Every comment I have read about them is positive.
I'm sure HB would buy both of you a shot of FB. ;)

CH3NO2

who's HB?, Who's Hotboat? Who's Vic??...oh yes I remember that guy...If we can hook Auggie...Vics buying Dinner in Havasu..I'll pick the place

Singleton
03-27-2014, 08:55 PM
I tested 4 different C/E props a few weeks ago. They are BADASS. Agustine knows how to build a prop. Customer service is the best. I'll be picking up 3 more props to test on Monday. I'm playing with different 4 and 5 blades, pitch, cup/no cup. These C/E props have out performed my labbed Bravos. A lot less slip too.

Picking up a 26 4 blade and 5 blade Monday morning, before I head to Havasu for testing.

GRADS
03-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Well??

Unforgiven
04-01-2014, 07:26 PM
370523705337054 OK...Here are the pics of the prop...I came home with a 34 5 blade "cleaver" and a 36 pitch 4 blade...So Kevin (westernaero) and I made the trip...I took Kevin with me cause of his experience with metals (yes he owns a bitching shop) So we there and meet Auggie, great guy to deal with..He brought out not one but two props. I thought we were picking up just the 5 blade but he had a 36 ready too..So while i'm playing with my new toys, Westernaero put the questions to Auggie, How long you been making props, whats your processes, what materials do you use?? In the mean time I find out the 5 blade doesn't fit in my prop box...fuck...Oh well got the new box today...So I get things loaded up, I finish business with Auggie and we jump in the truck and head back to Menace Marine to meet Dustin. Dustin has been busy installing the new SCX while we were out. He's got the boat out of the shop ready for me to run valves and get things ready to go..So this Friday I'll be back at Menace Marine and hopefully we'll take the bitch out for some real test runs...(the last drive I babied and only got 20 hrs out of it) from all the input we got from IMCO and Dustin (he runs a SCX) we should be go to go...Thanks to Dustin, Auggie and Kevin for all your help to get this done...

Stainless
04-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Those sure are pretty Eddie! Do they manufacture over hub props and have you tried an over hub?

CH3NO2

Unforgiven
04-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Those sure are pretty Eddie! Do they manufacture over hub props and have you tried an over hub?

CH3NO2

Kevin could ask those answer those questions..I know he make a varity of props...but I'm pretty sure he can build different hub "setups" I'm thinking I 'm wanting a solid inner hub next time and have Kevin do the machine work

Stainless
04-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Kevin could ask those answer those questions..I know he make a varity of props...but I'm pretty sure he can build different hub "setups" I'm thinking I 'm wanting a solid inner hub next time and have Kevin do the machine work

Like this? These are the epitome of badass props. :)

CH3NO2

GRADS
04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
One question. What is the advantage to having a straight edge on the trailing side of the prop blade? Nice props BTW.

28eliminator
04-01-2014, 08:06 PM
That's some good lookin hardware Eddie!! What kind of numbers are you looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HB Vic
04-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Where are they located?

And I thought Westernaero had a machine shop, wtf is a bitching shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless
04-01-2014, 08:14 PM
One question. What is the advantage to having a straight edge on the trailing side of the prop blade? Nice props BTW.

Idk the answer to your question Grads, but the straight trailing edge is synonymous with cleavers and known as "rake". My guess is it pushes more water than a rounded ear.

CH3NO2

Unforgiven
04-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Grads, I really can't answer that..BUT..you more than welcome to come down and test and see How the props work...we know some tweeking will be involved...as For numbers? we ran a "labbed" 34 when first took it out..we ran 119...the motor is no where near it's rev limiter...So with this new drive and new props we will do some testing...Dustin has a stock 36 we can try...BTW...the 34 we ran was not a "perfect prop"..Auggie has it right now to work it over...for some reason the 34 4 blade merc prop was not a good choice for the Daytona...32 and 36 seem to be the props to run with our hp setup

Unforgiven
04-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Where are they located?

And I thought Westernaero had a machine shop, wtf is a bitching shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup it's a "machine shop" all CNC stuff....He builds some "hi tech" stuff.....let me rephrase this..His Business build some Hi tech stuff...he points his finger alot...Kind of reminds me of you Vic..