PDA

View Full Version : Women's Introduction to Hand Gun Course offered in Temecula

HolyMoly
03-26-2014, 05:39 PM
I range officer for Street Safe Defense who is offering a 4 hour handgun course specifically designed for women. One of the requests we commonly hear from women in our level 1 course is that they would really like a basic introduction to handguns. So....

This class is specifically created for WOMEN who have always wanted to learn the basics about handguns, self defense, and basic shooting. Handgun safety will be emphasized! This is an introductory level class for the very novice and new gun owner.
Tell your wives, moms, sisters, daughters and friends! Class is taught by female NRA certified Home Defense and Firearms Instructors. We will learn in a safe, supportive environment and cover many topics, including:

Fundamentals of Gun Safety
Identifying Various Types of Firearms and How to Load & Unload Them Safely
Cleaning and Storage
Discussions on Topics such as: Mindset/Attitude; Applicable Laws Re: Children and Firearms Safety; Use of Deadly Force; Supplies & Gun Safes on the Market
Lots of Hands-On Time! Grip, Stance, Dry-Firing, Live-Fire Drills

Saturday, May 10th, 2014
8:00AM ? Noon
Rainbow Gun Club & Shooting Range
$100

Participants will need to provide a handgun to use for the class. A supply list with additional details will be provided upon registration.

To RSVP please call Cheryl Tokle (310) 748-5251. Space is limited!

Eli
03-26-2014, 06:06 PM
This looks like a great event. I'm gonna see if I can go. I'll have to find a gun.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
03-27-2014, 10:36 AM
This looks like a great event. I'm gonna see if I can go. I'll have to find a gun.

Sent from my Bat Cave

For people that I know, I can provide a loaner on site. This is something I will be doing, not the course.

Eli
03-27-2014, 10:40 AM
For people that I know, I can provide a loaner on site. This is something I will be doing, not the course.

Do you have the gun I want?

Sent from my Bat Cave

HolyMoly
03-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Do you have the gun I want?

Sent from my Bat Cave

I have gen 3 glocks. No gen 4s.

SBS933
03-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Hell with that, if you have a woman you should teach her yourself. common self and trigger control can't be bought. I.M.O.

HolyMoly
04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Hell with that, if you have a woman you should teach her yourself. common self and trigger control can't be bought. I.M.O.

Not sure what you are trying to say? If you are trying to say that a guy should teach his own woman how to shoot, I can tell you from instructing that some of the worst instructing I have ever seen has been from spouses (especially men) trying to teach their women how to shoot....hence a woman's shooting course taught by women. Some women don't care if it is a man or woman that is instructing, just as long as it is not their man! LOL Men don't realize how much they stress their women out with this stuff. If a couple has the dynamics where they can teach each other this stuff effectively, then by all means...do it. But my experience, and I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of couples on the range, and most of the time, the man is a hindrance to teaching his woman, and we like to separate them. But we do it under the guise of something else, so it is not obvious that we are attempting to separate them.

Our level 1/CCW course goes very quickly and trigger control is something we diagnose instead of teaching from beginning. This course will cover the 3 secrets of accurate shooting. Obviously they are not secrets, but when you go to the public range and see how other people shoot, you realize it is a secret to them. Sight Picture, sight alignment, and trigger control. There will be quite a bit of dry practice. On top of that, women are often given revolvers which have double action triggers, and those take more training, especially dry practice, to get good trigger control.

I've worked with people, often women, who have never handled a gun, and seen them learn very quickly and outshoot their spouses after a day. With that said, when it came to teaching my wife, I took her to a class, and I didn't pair up with her until she asked me to. I had one student ask me why I didn't teach my wife myself, and I turned to his wife and asked her to explain it and she laughed and said he wouldn't understand. I don't really understand either...it has to do with that whole thing how guys like to fix things and women just want them to listen or some crap...I don't know, I really wasn't listening to what my wife was saying. :D