PDA

View Full Version : Arizona reg ??

Get415
03-25-2014, 08:13 PM
I read that when paying off a boat that's registered in Arizona you don't get a pink slip, only clear registration with dmv. That's after you provide a lien release from the bank. Is this correct or am I missing something. My bank didn't seem didn't give me a straight answer one way or another...???????

WESTERNAERO
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
No pink in AZ. Your registration is your title.

Stainless
03-25-2014, 08:22 PM
No pink in AZ. Your registration is your title.

Yup

CH3NO2

HB Vic
03-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Az is titleless, some banks don't like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get415
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Ok cool. Thanks for the quick responses. I'm paying off my loan and live in Cali. Kinda pain in the neck since I can't pop in to the dmv and do all this

HB Vic
03-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Call Sierra Title in Phoenix, maybe they can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get415
03-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Will do, thanks

riverrunner1984
03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
If I want to register my Toys in AZ, do I just need to have a house there or do I need to establish residency and have a AZ Drivers License?
Say I was to get a vacay home, Im assuming I can register my toys there correct?

Stainless
03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
If I want to register my Toys in AZ, do I just need to have a house there or do I need to establish residency and have a AZ Drivers License?
Say I was to get a vacay home, Im assuming I can register my toys there correct?

It's complicated.

You best check with a pro on this one.

CH3NO2

niceguyeddie
03-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Weirdest thing. I paid my tags that were due at the end of this month last month. They sent me my reg and it said it expired at 12/31/14. I thought it should be 1 calendar year as it was last year (I registered it in AZ around this time last year). When I called they said something about prorating the 2nd year and blah blah. I had an important call coming in on the other line so I just hung up with Game and Fish and never investigated further.

Is Game and Fish pulling a funny or am I ok?

riverrunner1984
03-26-2014, 01:26 PM
It's complicated.

You best check with a pro on this one.

CH3NO2

Figured someone from CA on here would know...From what I hear, us in CA can save a shit ton of money registering over there? but I personally dont know the facts.

Hye power
03-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Definite pain in the ass I bought a buggy from arizona then brought it back to California and when I wanted to register it my name and get a green sticker the dmv wouldn't do it they wanted me to go pay for a bond for the vehicle before they would transfer it to my name cause there wasn't a pink slip.

riverrunner1984
03-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Definite pain in the ass I bought a buggy from arizona then brought it back to California and when I wanted to register it my name and get a green sticker the dmv wouldn't do it they wanted me to go pay for a bond for the vehicle before they would transfer it to my name cause there wasn't a pink slip.

I have a CA registered boat and jetski...Could I register it in AZ with just a Vacay home there?

niceguyeddie
03-26-2014, 01:34 PM
I have a CA registered boat and jetski...Could I register it in AZ with just a Vacay home there?

You don't need an address to reg in AZ. One of my boats and my stand up is registered there under my home (CA) address. Just keep the trailers registered CA if you ever plan on towing them back to CA.

Hye power
03-26-2014, 01:38 PM

Not sure good question I'm in the same boat we just bought a 2nd house in arizona and I want to register one of my cars over there so we will see, I'm going up this Friday and going to dmv to find out, hopefully get that done and get an arizona ID.

Hye power
03-26-2014, 01:43 PM
You don't need an address to reg in AZ. One of my boats and my stand up is registered there under my home (CA) address. Just keep the trailers registered CA if you ever plan on towing them back to CA.

Why on the trailers?

Stainless
03-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Why on the trailers?

From what I have read a Ca drivers license towing a trailer registered in AZ under same name is no-no.

CH3NO2

Singleton
03-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Why on the trailers?

Some stupid CA law. Basically if you are a CA resident anything with wheels that might touch Ca state ground, needs to have Ca registration. Everything can be registered where you use it.

GRADS
03-26-2014, 02:08 PM
When I bought my last boat out of Havasu the boat was registered in AZ and the trailer was registered in CA. It was fairly simple to transfer it into my name in CA. I took the AZ registration along with the CA pink slip for the trailer and went to the DMV. No biggie.

gn7
03-26-2014, 02:19 PM

Be aware that CAL can send you a personal property tax bill for the boat at anytime. They view the registration in another state as a tax dodge. Its happened more than you think. If with people that have homes in the state the boat is registered in. If you have a home in that state, you have a case. Some have beat it. No home, no chance. You will pay it, or they put the tax on a home property tax, and then you will pay it.

Keep in mind, the cali registration isn't just a license to drive on the street, its mostly a property tax. That's why it goes down each year, based on the vehicle's value.

JBS
03-26-2014, 02:57 PM

Buggy,cars, truck, trailers all have titles in AZ Boats no. You actually go to AZGF to register the boat and to the DMV to register the trailer. You do get a Title for the trailer.

I recently bought a boat and trailer out of Florida. The Boat had a title but only a registration for the trailer. AZ had no issue with it.

C-2
03-26-2014, 04:11 PM
I’m not sure if it’s relative to your situation, but lenders in AZ perfect a collateral interest on your boat by filing a UCC-1 at the Secretary of State level.

The purpose of the UCC filing is to give public notice that a security interest (loan/lien) exists against the boat.

As opposed to Cali, where the lender holds actual title until after the loan has been paid.

Normally when a loan is paid in full in AZ, the lender records a Termination. So in a few months you migh check to be sure a Termination was recorded.

Get415
03-27-2014, 08:53 AM
So then if boat and trailer are registered in AZ, and the reg is your title. How do go about selling them? Is there other paperwork, or is there a place on the reg that you sign off like a pink slip? Obviously I'm selling and live in Cali so I need to know what to do. I check AZ website and says something about notary and some other nonsense