PDA

View Full Version : Why is Lake Havasu so popular with big fast boats?

GRADS
03-23-2014, 07:51 PM
I don't get it. You see some of the fastest biggest boats in the western United States in Havasu....why? I hear the town itself is a shithole....there are nicer bodies of water....if a boater wants to stretch their legs there are better places. Is it because of spring break?

Sharp shooter
03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't get it. You see some of the fastest biggest boats in the western United States in Havasu....why? I hear the town itself is a shithole....there are nicer bodies of water....if a boater wants to stretch their legs there are better places. Is it because of spring break?

Because the ocean is too scary for most offshore boat owners. :gayfight2:

:D

GRADS
03-23-2014, 07:55 PM
What about Powell or Mead?

Stainless
03-23-2014, 07:59 PM
I really don't know the answer to the question Grads, but it is not dock friendly for large boats either.

CH3NO2

HB Vic
03-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Open mouth, insert foot. You're sooo good at that.

Havasu is actually a pretty cool place to live and visit. Small town feel with a good sized lake and connecting river. How many cities or places can you live where you can go boating after work? Not many.

I'd be a little more cautious about what you call a shithole. I'm sure there are people out there who think your town is a shithole.

Sharp shooter
03-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Waves are too big. They even cancelled desert storm last year due to a 2 foot swell. :D

Sharp shooter
03-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Havasu is actually a pretty cool place to live and visit. Small town feel with a good sized lake and connecting river. How many cities or places can you live where you can go boating after work? Not many.

I'd be a little more cautious about what you call a shithole. I'm sure there are people out there who think your town is a shithole.

Havasu (the lake) is 100 times more scenic than Folsom (lake).

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 08:04 PM
The town's a shithole???? You've never been there and you come out with this provocative statement???........how Tom Brown of you......just sayin' :smackbum:

ridebig
03-23-2014, 08:07 PM

Best responce possible!!

Ziggy
03-23-2014, 08:08 PM
You can find a shithole anywhere you look. The city has its issues like any other town.

Waves are too big. They even cancelled desert storm last year due to a 2 foot swell. :D
That just may be the appeal, that it doesn't get blown out as much as the other up river lakes along the Colorado. It is the only lake with a city at its banks, which in turns allows for a shit load of hey lam.

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 08:08 PM

I'm sure there are people out there who think your town is a shithole.....I know one :D

GRADS
03-23-2014, 08:09 PM

We have the Delta which is much bigger than Havasu and I consider that a shithole. But we also have Shasta, Oroville, Bullards Bar, Folsom, Don Pedro, and Tahoe that would put Havasu to shame....just to name a few.

Sharp shooter
03-23-2014, 08:16 PM
We have the Delta which is much bigger than Havasu and I consider that a shithole. But we also have Shasta, Oroville, Bullards Bar, Folsom, Don Pedro, and Tahoe that would put Havasu to shame....just to name a few.

When it comes to chicks, Havasu can cover your entire list and them some. :wink:

My personal favorite is Lake Perris. :shock:

Ziggy
03-23-2014, 08:21 PM
When it comes to chicks, Havasu can cover your entire list and them some. :wink:

LMAO...are they trying to figure out how to hotwire them? :D:D:D

Hye power
03-23-2014, 08:24 PM

You sure that's not the delta? Those look like raiders fans to me.

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 08:25 PM

Good to know how you feel about it. It just got added to my list of "maybe move to" when I'm finally done with this Dem state.

mrs.daytona
03-23-2014, 08:27 PM
....I know one :D

Care to share?

Sent from my iPhone

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 08:29 PM
You sure that's not the delta? Those look like raiders fans to me.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Sharp shooter
03-23-2014, 08:32 PM
LMAO...are they trying to figure out how to hotwire them? :D:D:D

After 2 hours of both ignoring the no wake zone and then driving on the rocks (both coming and going) mechanical failure was inevitable. :smilies_mit_hut019:

Toss a few rocks in a running blender and you'll have the sound. :D

GRADS
03-23-2014, 08:33 PM
....I know one :D

Oh really?

78Southwind
03-23-2014, 08:34 PM

That must be Lake Perris, it looks like they are pulling diapers from their intake.

HB Vic
03-23-2014, 08:34 PM
After 2 hours of both ignoring the no wake zone and then driving on the rocks (both coming and going) mechanical failure was inevitable. :smilies_mit_hut019:

Toss a few rocks in a running blender and you'll have the sound. :D

Stupid is fortunately a universal term. Wow.

Ziggy
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Stupid is fortunately a universal term. Wow.

So is DUH....LOL:D

djunkie
03-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Shithole. Noted

HB Vic
03-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Shithole. Noted

Grads needs a delayed send button on his computer. It would help him tremendously :D

Eli
03-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Grads needs a delayed send button on his computer. It would help him tremendously :D

Maybe I can preapprove all his posts bf they go live? Considering my recent exposures by him...no pun intended ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
03-23-2014, 09:17 PM

Nope, still heard it was a shithole. But I guess us NorCal peeps are spoiled. ;)

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Care to share?

Sent from my iPhoneIsn't it funny how the classic North vs. South seems to always come up one way or another when CA folks get into this kind of a discussion?? Funny how it all started with a discussion (bashing) of a city that is actually in AZ :D

I'm guessing that most of the fast boats and people that come to Havasu probably only do so because they have no idea of just how much better the boating in Northern CA really is :rolleyes

GRADS
03-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Isn't it funny how the classic North vs. South seems to always come up one way or another when CA folks get into this kind of a discussion?? Funny how it all started with a discussion (bashing) of a city that is actually in AZ :D

I'm guessing that most of the fast boats and people that come to Havasu probably only do so because they have no idea of just how much better the boating in Northern CA really is :rolleyes

Very good points. :D

mrs.daytona
03-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Isn't it funny how the classic North vs. South seems to always come up one way or another when CA folks get into this kind of a discussion?? Funny how it all started with a discussion (bashing) of a city that is actually in AZ :D

I wasn't debating the merits of AZ or CA lakes. I asked a question that you haven't answered....

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 09:55 PM
I wasn't debating the merits of AZ or CA lakes. I asked a question that you haven't answered....
As a native Northern Californian I am very qualified to discuss the merits of the area and I for one prefer the boating in the south..........I was wondering how people who have never been to a particular could possibly be comfortable making pejorative comments about same unless the only motive was to stir it up.....which was where my comments (all of them in this thread) come from.

When I bought my Donzi it was owned by a guy in Folsom and we took it for a spin on Lake Folsom so....I've been there and candidly if that was the only place I could go boating I would seriously find another hobby.......I can't say the same thing about Havasu......so yes I have been there (Havasu and Folsom) I'm just wondering if others making comments on this thread have the same background :D

PS...........are you two into the wine tonight??? :yikes:

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 09:58 PM

The only thing wrong with NorCal is that's where chrome dome and his cronies are. We used to go to McClure a lot, very nice lake. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, fuck Frisco. Go Seahawks.

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 10:00 PM
The only thing wrong with NorCal is that's where chrome dome and his cronies are. We used to go to McClure a lot, very nice lake. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, fuck Frisco. Go Seahawks.
Don't you be "Dissin'" my Niners or you'll force me to have to stick up for that bastion of Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein loving tree huggers up there :D

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Don't you be "Dissin'" my Niners or you'll force me to have to stick up for that bastion of Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein loving tree huggers up there :D

Ah, it's okay. The Rams are going to beat both their asses this year. Watch...

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Ah, it's okay. The Rams are going to beat both their asses this year. Watch...
..:lmao

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 10:05 PM
..:lmao

No? Don't think so? :happy:

HypNautic
03-23-2014, 10:07 PM
I dropped my sled in Oroville, Folsom, Delta, Bass, Milerton, Piru and Castaic and prefer the less shittier towns around the less shittier water of Powell, Mead, Mohave and Havasu.

mrs.daytona
03-23-2014, 10:08 PM
As a native Northern Californian I am very qualified to discuss the merits of the area and I for one prefer the boating in the south..........I was wondering how people who have never been to a particular could possibly be comfortable making pejorative comments about same unless the only motive was to stir it up.....which was where my comments (all of them in this thread) come from.

When I bought my Donzi it was owned by a guy in Folsom and we took it for a spin on Lake Folsom so....I've been there and candidly if that was the only place I could go boating I would seriously find another hobby.......I can't say the same thing about Havasu......so yes I have been there (Havasu and Folsom) I'm just wondering if others making comments on this thread have the same background :D

PS...........are you two into the wine tonight??? :yikes:

That was a really long-winded way of saying it was you.....;)

RVR SWPR
03-23-2014, 10:11 PM

GRADS
03-23-2014, 10:17 PM
When I bought my Donzi it was owned by a guy in Folsom and we took it for a spin on Lake Folsom so....:

In 30+ years of boating on Folsom Lake, not Lake Folsom, I have only seen two Donzi's out there and they were both pieces of shit.

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 10:24 PM
In 30+ years of boating on Folsom Lake, not Lake Folsom, I have only seen two Donzi's out there and they were both pieces of shit.

Fucktard.......

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Go have another glass of wine......Step away from the keyboard.......it probably won't end well :buddies:

GRADS
03-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Fucktard.......

Jordy is that you?

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Jordy is that you?

Don't know a jordy, sorry.

GRADS
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Funny thing is no one answered my original question they just tried to rip on NorCal.:hmm

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Funny thing is no one answered my original question they just tried to rip on NorCal.:hmm

It's because no one with a dinosaur burner wants to take their boat to granola fudge packing land

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 10:56 PM
That would be the question that was predicated with "I hear Havasu is a shithole"??.........you might get better responses if you leave this kind of stuff out....just sayin' :D

GRADS
03-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Do the peeps with the big Skaters, MTI's, Mystic's, NorTech's and etc actually live in Havasu? Because from what I understand you could buy half of Havasu for what one of those boats cost.

WESTERNAERO
03-23-2014, 11:10 PM
That would be the question that was predicated with "I hear Havasu is a shithole"??.........you might get better responses if you leave this kind of stuff out....just sayin' :D

That's why I have my special name for old GRADS, AKA fucktard....:happy:

Paul65K
03-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I going to go to bed and let you argue with yourself............Good night GRADS

GRADS
03-23-2014, 11:32 PM
I was trying to start a 500+ view thread before I went to bed....check....good night. ;)

And Havi is still a shithole. ;)

HypNautic
03-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Only thing worse than a 909'r is a 916'r acting like a 909'r😝

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 05:46 AM

Its not everyday I agree with Vic,,But Grads if you haven't been there how could you call it a "shithole"..thats like us calling your lake a septic tank..and your the only turd paddleing around...

Milkmoney
03-24-2014, 06:40 AM
This is jus like calling a brand name boat or a type of boat a pos. because u don't like them or have one.

We all have the samething in common, boating and water and fun in the sun. I grew up in nor cal and they have some great lakes as well as the lakes on the Colorado river.

Oh. What kind of boat do you have grads :).

HB Vic
03-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Its not everyday I agree with Vic,,But Grads if you haven't been there how could you call it a "shithole"..thats like us calling your lake a septic tank..and your the only turd paddleing around...

You agree with me more often than not. You just don't want to admit to it :D

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 07:21 AM
You agree with me more often than not. You just don't want to admit to it :D

your not suppose to share our secrets dammit....

Singleton
03-24-2014, 08:10 AM
This is jus like calling a brand name boat or a type of boat a pos. because u don't like them or have one.

We all have the samething in common, boating and water and fun in the sun. I grew up in nor cal and they have some great lakes as well as the lakes on the Colorado river.

Oh. What kind of boat do you have grads :).

Agreeing with MM, I must be sick.

If you live in SoCal you have a few options to go boating, same with NoCal. At the end of the day it does not matter as long as you are out on the lake with family and friends.

Milkmoney
03-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Agreeing with MM, I must be sick.

If you live in SoCal you have a few options to go boating, same with NoCal. At the end of the day it does not matter as long as you are out on the lake with family and friends.

Lol. It's ok. :)

westair
03-24-2014, 09:34 AM

Problem is they don't have a channel:biggrin: .... Mojave could easily handle the bigger boats, which is only about a hour up from havasu but then they wouldn't get the attention they're used to.

ptc
03-24-2014, 10:04 AM
All ---please excuse some of the F**tards comments in Norcal - THEY do not represent the views of all of us up here about the beauty of Gods great earth which all places have a beauty of their own. Unfortunately Grads seems so have a 'shitty' view on life as a whole (or from a hole) and it has skewed his view of all things.

If more (of these types of) people would spend more time looking at the forest thru the trees they might enjoy life a little better.

GRADS
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
I'm just trying to give this place what it craves so badly. Drama. This is a perfect example. Gothalos posted a thread about a bitchin new DCB at about exactly the same time this thread was posted. This thread has well over 1000 views, Gothalos has 85. Scoreboard.

djunkie
03-24-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm just trying to give this place what it craves so badly. Drama. This is a perfect example. Gothalos posted a thread about a bitchin new DCB at about exactly the same time this thread was posted. This thread has well over 1000 views, Gothalos has 85. Scoreboard.

You're still a fucking idiot. Joking or not.

GRADS
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Alright, now I feel kind of bad about calling Havasu a shithole so I will say something positive about it.....Havasu has really good crystal meth!

Sharp shooter
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Alright, now I feel kind of bad about calling Havasu a shithole so I will say something positive about it.....Havasu has really good crystal meth!

Is that what you're on?

riverrunner1984
03-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Walter White is from New Mexico not AZ. :happy:

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Go reread it and see if I answered your question are not.........jackwagon :rolleyes:

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM

Either you die or grow out of this habit....seems you're still working on it :(

Singleton
03-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Grads; added unnecessary drama one thread at a time.

HB Vic
03-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Grads digging that hole deeper and deeper lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Grads digging that hole deeper and deeper lol

if you make me a mod for 5 minutes..I can fix this problem...just saying

WESTERNAERO
03-24-2014, 12:05 PM
if you make me a mod for 5 minutes..I can fix this problem...just saying

Nobody likes you either....:happy:

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Nobody likes you either....:happy:

eat shit bitch...don't you have some stuff to polish? remember to put the coffee down while your "working"

WESTERNAERO
03-24-2014, 12:16 PM
eat shit bitch...don't you have some stuff to polish? remember to put the coffee down while your "working"

:kissit: What time you picking me up Friday morning...

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 12:20 PM

about 5 am...

WESTERNAERO
03-24-2014, 12:22 PM
about 5 am...

:yikes: Where the hell are we going?

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 12:24 PM

Cutting Edge in Santa Ana...duh....besides, if we get there early we can get out of town before Eli wakes up..you know were both on her "WANTED" list

GRADS
03-24-2014, 12:25 PM

My guess would be a gay bar.

RogerThat99
03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
I just saw this thread. Can someone bring me up to speed?

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 12:32 PM
My guess would be a gay bar.

whats with you and all this gay shit? if your into it, thats ok..it's your deal..I guess after you spending time in Folsom, your use to the group sex..(thats the prison not the lake)

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I just saw this thread. Can someone bring me up to speed?

Grads is being a hater cause he can't get another boat, and his wife rather go the lake with anyone but him

GRADS
03-24-2014, 12:35 PM
You're still a fucking idiot. Joking or not.

That's the djunk we know and love....sounds like you're on the mend. :thumbup:

rivergames
03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Cutting Edge in Santa Ana...duh....besides, if we get there early we can get out of town before Eli wakes up..you know were both on her "WANTED" list

Tell Auggie I said Hi

bb88
03-24-2014, 12:47 PM
It's not always necessary on this site but we may need this soon....

niceguyeddie
03-24-2014, 12:48 PM

Very True!

While NorCal is pretty the weather sucks and the lakes don't have the same feel that the river has. Personally I love the desert scenery more than the green forest. The Colorado river has been a huge part of performance boating. NorCal not so much.

I was just talking with a friend at dinner last night about why I boat there. He couldn't believe I drive 4.5 hours from OC as many times a year as I do. The water is so clean and refreshing, the beaches are nice and there aren't a ton of rules that many CA lakes have. Speed limits being a huge one!

I live in very congested area of Orange County and while I love where I live, it's so nice to just get out of there and visit Mohave Valley or Lake Havasu. It's a relaxing feeling that's tough to describe. I always say, "You're either a river rat, or you're not. There's no in between."

Eli
03-24-2014, 12:49 PM

Are you two going on a date? Because, I was gonna suggest getting a room ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
03-24-2014, 01:03 PM
While NorCal is pretty the weather sucks and the lakes don't have the same feel that the river has.

Is it a burning feeling?....It's more than likely an STD you contracted while in Havasu. ;)

WESTERNAERO
03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Is it a burning feeling?....It's more than likely an STD you contracted while in Havasu. ;)

Booze cruise maybe?? :yikes:

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Tell Auggie I said Hi

go with us..we'll have a Hotboat gathering...I bet I can get Vic to show up..We can have a prop buying party...

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Are you two going on a date? Because, I was gonna suggest getting a room ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

No date...and we're intentionally not inviting you..you would distract Auggie...

Eli
03-24-2014, 02:06 PM
No date...and we're intentionally not inviting you..you would distract Auggie...

I already have plans. Thank you! 😉

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 02:23 PM
I already have plans. Thank you! ��

Sent from my Bat Cave
Yeah, don't be late. I get grumpy. :D

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 02:26 PM

Eli's NEVER late.....take something to read while your waiting for her

Eli
03-24-2014, 02:28 PM

I'll plan on bring there 15...make that 45 minutes early. That should work.

I'm busy that day too. Sorry sweetie. Maybe next year?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Will need a book and a beer. :) She'll never show up anyhow, she doesn't even know :D:D

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I'll plan on bring there 15...make that 45 minutes early. That should work.

I'm busy that day too. Sorry sweetie. Maybe next year?

Sent from my Bat Cave
I'm over 50 so 15 minutes early is plenty...lmao :D

Eli
03-24-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm over 50 so 15 minutes early is plenty...lmao :D

Planning on being there 15 min early will result on me being on time lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Planning on being there 15 min early will result on me being on time lol

Sent from my Bat Cave
LOL, I use the same clock as you then :thumb: shoot for 45. ;) :)

CampbellCarl
03-24-2014, 03:31 PM

I can't belief that it took 10 pages and this old an to give the correct answer to Grads question.....

It's so simple that even Grads should have answered his own question.....

It's because Grads ISN'T in Havasu.....

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I can't belief that it took 10 pages and this old an to give the correct answer to Grads question.....

It's because Grads ISN'T in Havasu.....

Who's GRADS?

Paul65K
03-24-2014, 03:48 PM

It's because Grads ISN'T in Havasu.....This is exactly why you need to stop by more often CC :D

Plus you know you won't have to worry about getting the "Bad Button" around here..........shit any site that GRADS is still posting on is living proof of that :yikes:

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Paul65K;101759
..........shit any site that GRADS is still posting on is living proof of that :yikes:[/QUOTE]

This is the only boating site he's allowed to post on..

CampbellCarl
03-24-2014, 04:01 PM

And that ain't a 100% of the time...

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 04:03 PM
And that ain't a 100% of the time...

I think he's had more vacations on here than anyone..

GRADS
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM

Actually there's only one boating site I am banned from. Not to mention I've been a member at OSO since 2003 and never been banned once.

Unforgiven
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Actually there's only one boating site I am banned from. Not to mention I've been a member at OSO since 2003 and never been banned once.

OK...I'll play...lets head over to OSO

Milkmoney
03-24-2014, 05:49 PM
There is a reason Vic keeps him on here :).

gn7
03-24-2014, 05:52 PM
There is a reason Vic keeps him on here :).

He likes that little tug he feels on his nuts sack?

Milkmoney
03-24-2014, 05:53 PM
He likes that little tug he feels on his nuts sack?

Lmao. :)

GRADS
03-24-2014, 09:48 PM
By the way, if you read the original post in this thread, I said I heard Havasu was a shithole....I didn't call it one.

Rock_Bottom
03-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Deffinatly no shit hole

Sharp shooter
03-25-2014, 01:12 PM
By the way, if you read the original post in this thread, I said I heard Havasu was a shithole....I didn't call it one.

https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608054669255773053&pid=15.1

2manymustangs
03-25-2014, 01:18 PM
http://youtu.be/Oik6dXm-0l0

niceguyeddie
03-25-2014, 01:27 PM
How long is his vacation this time?

gn7
03-25-2014, 02:20 PM

Anything shorter than indefinite is too short. How many times can you continue to do this?

I wonder if this anything to do a thread he started last night that has been deleted, or as Vic likes to call it, "hidden"

WESTERNAERO
03-25-2014, 02:30 PM

He got banned???

gn7
03-25-2014, 02:40 PM
He got banned???

Post 111 in this thread is the last post shown in his profile, and this is the latest thread he started, and I know that's not true. There was some site cleaning done.

HB Vic
03-25-2014, 02:57 PM
He got banned???

He got someone upset, it wasn't me.

Looks like he's on a little timeout.

I hope he learns this time. I support my mods. Based on what I saw they did the right thing.

Stainless
03-25-2014, 03:04 PM
He got someone upset, it wasn't me.

Looks like he's on a little timeout.

I hope he learns this time. I support my mods. Based on what I saw they did the right thing.

Did anyone warn RD? :D

CH3NO2

HB Vic
03-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Did anyone warn RD? :D

CH3NO2

I can't :D

Stainless
03-25-2014, 03:11 PM
I can't :D

I'm sure they have already stepped up to code RED security. :D

CH3NO2

thatguy
03-25-2014, 04:22 PM
I've been to Folsom, I've been to Havazoo, Been to Parker too.

I'll take Shasta for the win!

Seriously. Anyone that want's to see what real boating is like in Northern CA should go a little farther North than CFW or Folsom.

Shasta could be the paradise you seek. No Houseboats in the channel, No drunken fights with flatbilled idiots. Still get the social and party scene if you desire it, but one cove over and you can fish or sun bath undisturbed.

It really is not like Folsom at all.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/shasta.jpg

Ziggy
03-25-2014, 04:48 PM

Seriously. Anyone that want's to see what real boating is like in Northern CA should go a little farther North than CFW or Folsom.

Shasta could be the paradise you seek. No Houseboats in the channel, No drunken fights with flatbilled idiots. Still get the social and party scene if you desire it, but one cove over and you can fish or sun bath undisturbed.

What kind of water temps do you get there in the summer? I've seen some fantastic pictures from there. :thumb:

2manymustangs
03-25-2014, 05:12 PM

There are trout in Shasta isnt there Tommy??? :thumb:

thatguy
03-25-2014, 05:25 PM
What kind of water temps do you get there in the summer? I've seen some fantastic pictures from there. :thumb:

The water temp varies throughout the lake due to current and depths.

There are certain swimming holes that are crystal clear and warm, other holes that are clear and cool from current to the dam.
It is fed by 4 separate arms, each with their own characteristics.

We favor the Pitt arm, which is the most easterly arm. It tends to be warmer and has an abundance of coves and different activities going on right from the launch at Jones Valley.

The other arms are also fantastic, though.

The main body is West of the I5 bridge, although East of the Bridge all the way to Silverthorn is big water also, with coves and just beautiful clear water in places.

It is easily the most outstanding Lake I have ever had the privilege of living near!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/lake-shasta-map-big.gif

bb88
03-25-2014, 05:27 PM

I won't agree with the FTW comment but Shasta is soooo nice. You pic is the perfect example of what most boating should look like.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

thatguy
03-25-2014, 05:32 PM
There are trout in Shasta isnt there Tommy??? :thumb:

Rumor has it...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/Trout3.jpg

Catfish too!!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/catfishatShasta.jpg

78Southwind
03-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Shasta is Beautiful but I haven't been there since I was in High School. I remember catching trout by hand in one of the streams coming into the Lake.

While up there we also checked out the Caverns. It was kind of interesting, I asked the tour guide about a bunch of barrels in the cavern and the guide said that the Lake Shasta Caverns were a nuclear fallout shelter (this was back in the mid eighties when the cold war was still going). I might have the numbers wrong but he said that the Caverns could hold 3,000 people and feed them for seven days.

Napanutt
03-25-2014, 06:27 PM
I've seen some fantastic pictures from there. :thumb:

You pic is the perfect example of what most boating should look like.

You want Shasta pics?

Lots more where these came from!

78Southwind
03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
How about some pictures of the streams that flow in the lake?

78Southwind
03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Rumor has it...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/Trout3.jpg

Catfish too!!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/catfishatShasta.jpg

Dig it...:thumb:

bb88
03-25-2014, 06:57 PM
You want Shasta pics?

Lots more where these came from!

VERY nice bud!!!

Lake,an
03-25-2014, 06:58 PM

You don't own a boat,never been to Havasu,I don't think even have a job and have been banned from every other boating site.You say you have never been banned from oso,I don't think you have ever posted anything.If so,they would not put up with your shit and you would be gone from there.Maybe you should start a paddling forum and have all your Facebook friends join.

Eli
03-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Rumor has it...

Catfish too!!

]

Who's the guy in the pic?

I guess I can't into Shasta...I'm afraid of fish!

Sent from my Bat Cave

bb88
03-25-2014, 07:47 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Then I would hate to tell you that every time you go out surfing a shark is within 100' of you. Yes a real shark.

Unforgiven
03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Then I would hate to tell you that every time you go out surfing a shark is within 100' of you. Yes a real shark.

Sharks? they can't be no different than half of Eli's dates...

Hye power
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Newsflash there are fish in every lake.

Hye power
03-25-2014, 08:05 PM
You don't own a boat,never been to Havasu,I don't think even have a job and have been banned from every other boating site.You say you have never been banned from oso,I don't think you have ever posted anything.If so,they would not put up with your shit and you would be gone from there.Matbe you should start a paddling forum and have all your Facebook friends join.

There should be a rule, you have to own a boat to post.

Stainless
03-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Newsflash there are fish in every lake.

There are some nipple biting bastards in Havasu. :D

CH3NO2

thatguy
03-25-2014, 08:06 PM
A few years ago, the old engine and seat config, and Deb had hair!

http://youtu.be/SMcymV-ba7M

Eli
03-25-2014, 08:07 PM

I'm not scared of sharks. They remind me of a guy named Eddie I met in December, they look scary but they're harmless... just a little icky and gross.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
03-25-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm not scared of sharks. They remind me of a guy named Eddie I met in December, they look scary but they're harmless... just a little icky and gross.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Sharks are scary in the water, but once you get them in the boat they're just like any other regular old fish :D

Lake,an
03-25-2014, 08:16 PM

Now that would be nice!!!!

WESTERNAERO
03-25-2014, 08:20 PM

:thumb:...

bb88
03-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Sharks are scary in the water, but once you get them in the boat they're just like any other regular old fish :D

Now that's what I'm talking about. Thresher steaks on the BBQ.

niceguyeddie
03-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Where are the good RV spots for Shasta? I've wanted to rent an RV and pull the boat up for a few days. Do any of the parks have their own ramps and do they offer launch service? Are cab/shuttle rides easy to come by? Or should I rent a car?

GRADS
03-26-2014, 02:05 AM
.You say you have never been banned from oso,I don't think you have ever posted anything.If so,they would not put up with your shit and you would be gone from there.

Coming from the guy with 12 posts.

From OSO

Stainless
03-26-2014, 05:08 AM
Spring Break has nothing to do w/it, they aren't boaters. Those are just college kids looking to drink, party, and get some for a few days.

Great answer PR!
Hope you don't mind me fixing this part though. :D

CH3NO2

Lake,an
03-26-2014, 06:04 AM
Coming from the guy with 12 posts.

From OSO
That is right Grads,now 14 posts.3 posts have been wasted on your drama/bullshiit.I don't post up drama queen shit just to get my post count up.I try to post something worth posting,not to just start shit...Maybe it has something to do with your obsession with River Dave is why you like so much attention here,because you can not get it there.Take a vote here and see how many are tired of your bullshit.I don't think or would go in your favor.

82daytona
03-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Fuck grads

2manymustangs
03-26-2014, 08:02 AM
A few years ago, the old engine and seat config, and Deb had hair!

http://youtu.be/SMcymV-ba7M

Looks very nice there Tommy... The scenery looks beautiful!!! :smilies_mit_hut002:

thatguy
03-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Looks very nice there Tommy... The scenery looks beautiful!!! :smilies_mit_hut002:

We love it.

That clip shows a boat underway coming from under the I5 bridge heading east through the main body towards the Squaw river arm and Pitt arm.

The view behind my boat is looking up the McCloud arm due North. Following the McCloud arm leads to some FANTASTIC scenery, and gets smaller to make a great river run!

Each summer we have met folks up there that plan there major summer Vacation camping up on that section. Last year met up with some great folks from the bay area in a 26' Daytona and a few of their friends that were tent camping up the arm. Everytime we go up there we find new adventure and scenery...I find it hard to believe at times that I am not back in Alaska when I see it.

Here is a better detailed map. When the water level is up it is close to 400 miles of shoreline.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/mapFINAL2011.jpg

Bobby V
03-26-2014, 08:34 AM
What don't you get? You might want to do a road trip and visit the town sometime, and maybe you'll understand. What you've "heard" will probably be the complete opposite once you've spent a few relaxing days in Havi. My parents retired and moved their from SoCal 3 years ago, and love it. There's always something going on, Wen. nights at MadDogs, thurs. afternoon hot rod gatherings etc.. Spring Break has nothing to do w/it, they aren't boaters. Those are just college kids looking to drink, party, and get some sun for a few days.

Havasu is great because its only 35mins to Parker, 2.5hrs to Vegas, and a mornings drive to SoCal. As far as the Skater/MTI comment, those boats aren't that big in the water. Havasu is plenty big enough for those boats. If you want a larger body of water to run those boats in, Just take a 2hr drive up I-40 to 93, drive up to Boulder City and launch at Lake Mead, beautiful lake and there's hardly anyone on it, why? Because they're all in Havasu. Why? Because Havasu has the bridge, the channel, the turtle bar, the springs, topoc 66, pirate cove, "eye candy=hot chicks", etc etc etc.

What's cool about the Colorado River is that you have Havasu, Parker, Mead, & Mohave all within a 2hr drive of each other. All four of those are awesome places to boat and all just a mornings drive from SoCal. Havasu really is a cool little town, you should make an effort to spend a few days there someday, I think you'd love it!

Great reply Steven. :action-smiley-035:

RogerThat99
03-26-2014, 08:49 AM

Now that would be nice!!!!

I can't argue the shit stirring part. LOL.

Regarding being boatless, Grads has only for about 2 months while he looks for 26 / 27 Daytona. When he does have a boat, he boats more than anyone I know....he boats almost everyday.

GRADS
03-26-2014, 10:16 AM
That is right Grads,now 14 posts.3 posts have been wasted on your drama/bullshiit.I don't post up drama queen shit just to get my post count up.I try to post something worth posting,not to just start shit...Maybe it has something to do with your obsession with River Dave is why you like so much attention here,because you can not get it there.Take a vote here and see how many are tired of your bullshit.I don't think or would go in your favor.

Cool jet boat in your avatar!

Lake,an
03-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Cool jet boat in your avatar!

Shows what you know about boats.Look at the bottom picture Grads.That is called a V Drive.The driveline comes off the front of the crankshaft and goes into a gearbox called a V Drive,Then it goes to a prop shaft that has a thing called a propeller.When the propeller turns it pushes the boat forward .I would love to take you out for a couple laps.Come on down to the "SHITHOLE" Havasu or Parker.I would love to see you cry like a baby.

WESTERNAERO
03-26-2014, 11:01 AM
I would love to see you cry like a baby.
That's exactly what would happen.....:lmao:lmao

GRADS
03-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Like I said, cool jet boat. :hilarious:

Hye power
03-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Like I said, cool jet boat. :hilarious:

Why don't you come up with your own material instead of stealing the jet boat thing from rdp?

GRADS
03-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Why don't you come up with your own material instead of stealing the jet boat thing from rdp?

That's funny!....considering I've been making fun of jet boats before RDP was even a website....even made fun of them on RDP. So I would say they stole it from me. BTW are you a jet boat owner?

Rock_Bottom
03-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Shows what you know about boats.Look at the bottom picture Grads.That is called a V Drive.The driveline comes off the front of the crankshaft and goes into a gearbox called a V Drive,Then it goes to a prop shaft that has a thing called a propeller.When the propeller turns it pushes the boat forward .I would love to take you out for a couple laps.Come on down to the "SHITHOLE" Havasu or Parker.I would love to see you cry like a baby.

Grads thought this was a jet boat?! Ha that's some funny stuff. Fool thinks everything under 28 feet is a jet lol 😂

riverrunner1984
03-26-2014, 12:27 PM
I like how Grads just sits back and seriously probably Laughs his ass off, at all the shit stirring he does.
He knows how to push the buttons and does a good job at it. Just look at the responses here....
I personally find it amusing!

Let me just say, I have a jet boat and am no way ever offended of what he says about them.

Stainless
03-26-2014, 12:30 PM
I like how Grads just sits back and seriously probably Laughs his ass off, at all the shit stirring he does.
He knows how to push the buttons and does a good job at it. Just look at the responses here....

Let me just say, I have a jet boat and am no way ever offended of what he says about them.

Yea, he can catch fish without even putting bait on the hook. :D
I bet Grads has a bass boat. :p

CH3NO2

niceguyeddie
03-26-2014, 12:54 PM
What don't you get? You might want to do a road trip and visit the town sometime, and maybe you'll understand. What you've "heard" will probably be the complete opposite once you've spent a few relaxing days in Havi. My parents retired and moved their from SoCal 3 years ago, and love it. There's always something going on, Wen. nights at MadDogs, thurs. afternoon hot rod gatherings etc.. Spring Break has nothing to do w/it, they aren't boaters. Those are just college kids looking to drink, party, and get some sun for a few days.

Havasu is great because its only 35mins to Parker, 2.5hrs to Vegas, and a mornings drive to SoCal. As far as the Skater/MTI comment, those boats aren't that big in the water. Havasu is plenty big enough for those boats. If you want a larger body of water to run those boats in, Just take a 2hr drive up I-40 to 93, drive up to Boulder City and launch at Lake Mead, beautiful lake and there's hardly anyone on it, why? Because they're all in Havasu. Why? Because Havasu has the bridge, the channel, the turtle bar, the springs, topoc 66, pirate cove, "eye candy=hot chicks", etc etc etc.

What's cool about the Colorado River is that you have Havasu, Parker, Mead, & Mohave all within a 2hr drive of each other. All four of those are awesome places to boat and all just a mornings drive from SoCal. Havasu really is a cool little town, you should make an effort to spend a few days there someday, I think you'd love it!

Seriously! Every time I'm there some event is going down. It could be dirt bike racing, water ski racing, a car show or a swingers convention. Something is going on!

niceguyeddie
03-26-2014, 12:57 PM

....and answer my questions about RV Parks in Shasta?

Hye power
03-26-2014, 01:08 PM

Don't give him too much credit it doesn't take a lot of talent to make a post that insults where people live and vacation. Look at how him and his wife got all defensive when someone posted where they live is a shithole.

riverrunner1984
03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
LMAO,hell,my boat has two Jets hooked up to the transom and no offense on the jet bote thing here at all.The LHC being a Shithole crossed the line for me,but Grads is amusing and takes all kinds to make a forum.

I have always like this style boat! :thumbup:

thatguy
03-26-2014, 01:24 PM
LMAO,hell,my boat has two Jets hooked up to the transom and no offense on the jet bote thing here at all.The LHC being a Shithole crossed the line for me,but Grads is amusing and takes all kinds to make a forum.

That is bad ass!!

I just figure Grads has been a spoiled trophy husband for so long he just doesn't know what fun our little hot rods are.

I mean, the guy either is in a baller 28' or paddling into a no trespassing zone on a fucking kiddie float.

Not a lot of in between for ol Grads.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/RD/Copy2ofjy2a3ame.jpg

2manymustangs
03-26-2014, 01:27 PM

I bet that boat can suck a 12 gal. fuel cell FLAT as a pancake in no time... :) Dayum...

niceguyeddie
03-26-2014, 01:30 PM
It really is a fun town. Normally I wouldn't have commented on GRADS' post, but to hear the term "shithole" I thought was completely out-of-line and ridicilous. You're right, there's always something going on. When I'm there I always pick up a White Sheet and they're always having some kind of Hot Rod event, car races etc, it's much more than just DS. A lot of people don't realize how many nice home's there are in Havasu until they start during around town, and it's growing and getting nicer every year. I could see myself living there someday, how about you? Cool little town, super close to Parker and 2hrs to Vegas for a weekend?

People would say where I live is a shit hole. Who cares. One man's trash is another man's treasure and not caring what other people think is the key to a happy life.

thatguy
03-26-2014, 01:40 PM
People would say where I live is a shit hole. Who cares. One man's trash is another man's treasure and not caring what other people think is the key to a happy life.

There is a lot of truth to that.

Folsom itself has some money, and has it's share of ballers...but I find the lake rather "mundane".

Shasta County and Redding is considered a Hillbilly haven, but the lake is fantastic. 6 here, half dozen there?

djunkie
03-26-2014, 01:55 PM
What don't you get? You might want to do a road trip and visit the town sometime, and maybe you'll understand. What you've "heard" will probably be the complete opposite once you've spent a few relaxing days in Havi. My parents retired and moved there from SoCal 3 years ago, and love it. There's always something going on, Wen. nights at MadDogs, thurs. afternoon hot rod gatherings etc.. Spring Break has nothing to do w/it, they aren't boaters. Those are just college kids looking to drink, party, and get some sun for a few days.

What's cool about the Colorado River is that you have Havasu, Parker, Mead, & Mohave all within a 3hr drive of each other. All four of those are awesome places to boat and all just a mornings drive from SoCal. Havasu really is a cool little town, you should make an effort to spend a few days there someday, I think you'd love it!

Who are you and what have you done to Pokey? :D You nailed it pretty well there Stephen.

Paul65K
03-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Who are you and what have you done to Pokey? :D You nailed it pretty well there Stephen.
:hilarious:..................X2 on nailing it!!!

GRADS
03-26-2014, 08:39 PM

Cool watermark. ;)

Eli
03-26-2014, 09:05 PM

I think it's funny that people still react after all these years. I've know of him for a year and I've already caught on...wait did I just let the shit out of the bag?

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
03-26-2014, 09:09 PM
...wait did I just let the shit out of the bag?

Or the fart out of the bed. ;) :D

Eli
03-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Or the fart out of the bed. ;) :D

There is a emoticon of you on HB, have you seen it? A purple guy passing gas :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
03-27-2014, 10:29 AM

Eddie you're right, it's all about outlook/perspective... When I saw your post I instantly thought of this episode of EARLY Beverly Hillbillys... Start watching at 9:30 to 12:30.... LMAO!!! Ole Jed and I would have gotten along just fine!!!

http://youtu.be/dwYR1sKN6sI