PDA

View Full Version : Ca. says its ok to hold your cell phone while driving

HB Vic
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Just as long as you're not talking on it :speechless-smiley-0

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57619695-94/california-court-drivers-can-use-smartphone-maps-for-now/

I think we should make and repeal more laws just for the hell of it.

Is that political?? I'm researching it now. If it is, I'll delete this thread :D

Eli
03-19-2014, 10:58 AM
That's a good idea. Yesterday I had my phone in my hand using it for directions and a lady nearly drove herself off the road yelling at me to put my phone down. I wasn't the distracted dangerous driver.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
03-19-2014, 11:14 AM
You guys have it rough over there. :p

CH3NO2

gn7
03-19-2014, 12:56 PM

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57619695-94/california-court-drivers-can-use-smartphone-maps-for-now/

Is that political?? I'm researching it now. If it is, I'll delete this thread :D

Lets see Vic. State law, state court,
If this was started by somebody else, it would be deleted already. Or would it just be HIDDEN FROM VIEW? :hmmm::speechless-smiley-0

riverrunner1984
03-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Sweet, Now I dont have to hide my phone while checking HB stuck in traffic on the way home lol

78Southwind
03-19-2014, 01:10 PM

I remember back in the day when I was taking Statistics, the Professor told us there was no statistical link between car accidents and talking on a cell phone while driving. I wonder what he is saying today.

SBS933
03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Sweet, now I can download music jamming up the 15 Fwy.

Paul65K
03-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Lets see Vic. State law, state court,
If this was started by somebody else, it would be deleted already. Or would it just be HIDDEN FROM VIEW? :hmmm::speechless-smiley-0
Except maybe............Vic as the owner of the site felt that this issue was of such high interest to the general membership that he is using his executive privilege to let everyone know.

Now if it get's political I'm sure he will make deletions (posts or even the whole thread) but in the end it's his prerogative as the rest of us are simply guests here..............my .02

SBS933
03-19-2014, 01:17 PM
I'll bet when Mod 2 catches drift of this, Vic will get a time out.

HB Vic
03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Since driving cars and boats are considered the same for most California laws, I thought the subject matter was relevant for a boating site.

I backed up the title with facts and a link to the article.

I poked a little fun at Sacramento.

And I left myself an out in the event anyone finds the thread overwhelmingly political or takes any one portion out of context.

I think I covered all the bases :D

gn7
03-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Since driving cars and boats are considered the same for most California laws, I thought the subject matter was relevant for a boating site.

I backed up the title with facts and a link to the article.

I poked a little fun at Sacramento.

And I left myself an out in the event anyone finds the thread overwhelmingly political or takes any one portion out of context.

I think I covered all the bases :D
I wasn;t aware that there was a cell phone/boat law. YET!
I think you already know Vic, I am morified. But not being one of the core group, wtf does it matter.
BTW, Governor Brown is a pole smoking fag. Just had to get that in there.

Ziggy
03-19-2014, 02:01 PM

You like Ol' Moonbeam do ya? :D:D

HB Vic
03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
I wasn;t aware that there was a cell phone/boat law. YET!
I think you already know Vic, I am morified. But not being one of the core group, wtf does it matter.

With this note, I hereby christen you a core group member.

How do you feel now?

Paul65K
03-19-2014, 02:22 PM

How do you feel now?Oh no.....don't do that :yikes:

Ol' Bob will never be the same if he's inside the glass house throwing stones instead of feeling like he's on the outside.....we may lose the crusty ol' bastard we all have come to know :rolleyes

Ziggy
03-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Oh no.....don't do that :yikes:

Ol' Bob will never be the same if he's inside the glass house throwing stones instead of feeling like he's on the outside.....we may lose the crusty ol' bastard we all have come to know :rolleyes

Maybe Vic's just trying to make him feel better :D:D

HB Vic
03-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Maybe Vic's just trying to make him feel better :D:D

I'm actually pumping him for a mod job. I noticed he stays up pretty damn late :D

Eli
03-19-2014, 03:55 PM

How do you feel now?

Oh no.....don't do that :yikes:

I don't know about the rest of you but Bob has been in my "core group" for some time now. He was actually nice to me back in the day and the six of us remember kindness. So with Bob we have a group of 7.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
03-19-2014, 03:58 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but Bob has been in my "core group" for some time now. He was actually nice to me back in the day and the six of us remember kindness. So with Bob we have a group of 7.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm mortified :D

GRADS
03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Good to know! ;)

Paul65K
03-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Sent from my Bat CaveKiss Ass(es) :rolleyes

Unforgiven
03-19-2014, 04:45 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

he felt bad for you and the other 6 village idiots...just saying

gn7
03-19-2014, 04:56 PM

So do I

Eli
03-19-2014, 05:46 PM

I can't wait until my knee meets your junk! It will be a nice introduction ;)

So do I

Don't deny it. We both know the truth! You're part of the 7 of us! :D

Sent from my Bat Mobile

Unforgiven
03-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I can't wait until my knee meets your junk! It will be a nice introduction ;)

Don't deny it. We both know the truth! You're part of the 7 of us! :D

Sent from my Bat Mobile
I don't need an introduction..I've already met you and drank with you...and that only proves we all don't make the right decisions in life....shit...Did I just say that?

Eli
03-19-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't need an introduction..I've already met you and drank with you...and that only proves we all don't make the right decisions in life....shit...Did I just say that?

I've only made 1 decision I regret and sometimes I don't even regret that one :D

Sent from my Bat Mobile

thatguy
03-19-2014, 07:44 PM
I talk on my phone in plain view of cops.

I don't text because I KNOW I might crash.