PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run!

The Doctor
03-10-2014, 08:40 PM
My middle daughter got T-boned today by a clown in a black Chevy Equinox. She was waiting at a light, second car back in the left-turn lane. He tried to make the corner, on red, at about fifty MPH and slid through the intersection, over the concrete median and into the side of her car, knocking her all the way off the road. He immediately backed up (without much of the front end of his car) and drove back over the median at full speed and took off. The entire side of his Equinox was destroyed and it appeared as he was already running from another hit & run. A lady was following closely and saw the entire thing and got his info. Now we wait.

Mandie is banged up a bit but doing well. Her husband's car? Not so much.

28eliminator
03-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Dang doc!! Thankfully she's ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChumpChange
03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear she's okay after that!

Eli
03-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Good to hear she's ok.

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
03-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Glad to hear your girl is ok Doc... The car can be fixed alot easier than flesh and bones... :no:

I suggest you send Buzz/Paul to meet the guy when you get his ID...

The Doctor
03-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear your girl is ok Doc... The car can be fixed alot easier than flesh and bones... :no:

I suggest you send Buzz/Paul to meet the guy when you get his ID...

We gave the police enough of a description and plate number that they could've/should've been waiting for him at home. Instead they told us to contact our insurance company to get the car moved and they'd get back to her in 10 days to two weeks. Peoria's finest. I have a PI working on it already. :D

gn7
03-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear your daughter is OK Doc.
Looks like the door and pillar did their job. That could have been ugly just a few years ago. I was in a similar accident in a 69 Mustang and the door was where I had been sitting, and I was in the passenger seat. On of the few times I was glad I wasn't wearing a belt or harness. Things are a little different today.

Sad, but seems today you almost have to hire your own investigators to get any info. Be interesting to find out what they are willing to tell you they find out.

Ziggy
03-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Good to know she isn't hurt, first and foremost.:thumbup:
The rest will take care of itself one way or another.

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Stainless
03-11-2014, 05:31 AM
I always fear getting this call. Good to hear your daughter is OK Doc!

CH3NO2

The Doctor
03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
It's probably better that I not find out who this clown is. :D
My daughter and her family are on the beach in San Diego, on spring break. She's sore but managing it.
I have their two tiny dogs while they're away. Coupled with mine, you'd swear we're raising livestock.

hbchgirl
03-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Wow, that's terrible! Glad she's ok! Good luck finding the loser that hit her!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul65K
03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
So sorry to hear this Doc....thank God everyone is safe !!

GRADS
03-12-2014, 11:20 AM
That looks like a fairly new car, I'm surprised there were no side airbags that deployed.

The Doctor
03-12-2014, 03:49 PM
That looks like a fairly new car, I'm surprised there were no side airbags that deployed.
Not as surprised as she was. We're all thanking the Lord our grandkids weren't riding with her. Our little Noelle usually sits right behind her. Mandie had just finished lecturing at Midwestern Medical School about neurocognitive disorders & TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY fifteen minutes before her head smacked the passenger window. Talk about irony . . .

Of course, they just paid it off fifteen days ago . . . :D