PDA

View Full Version : Getting on the Banned Wagon?

C-2
03-06-2014, 01:05 PM
So, PVHC's thread got me thinking. How does this work?

I've been on every boating message board there is, and other message boards too, since they appeared on the net...but I've never found myself being banned, placed in time-out, infracted, retracted, redacted....nothing.

Is it really due to pissing off a single person, or is it that some people just don't know when (or can't) STFU?

Which is it? :tongue:

riverrunner1984
03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
I dont know as I have never been banned either.
Maybe we can ask Grads today when he gets back. :D

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 01:08 PM
This should go well LOL :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM

I've been on every boating message board there is, and other message boards too, since they appeared on the net...but I've never found myself being banned, placed in time-out, infracted, retracted, redacted....nothing.

Is it really due to pissing off a single person, or is it that some people just don't know when (or can't) STFU?

I received a few Mod threats for calling him out on specific factual things....so if something is directed at a particular person and they have "the power" to be an ass to you then I can see it happening..........or if your comment is unpopular by the masses:D:D then the lynchmob comes to court.
These days I go with the Cest La Vie attitude and just let it be. Life's too short to waste good energy on petty internet squabbles.

28eliminator
03-06-2014, 01:26 PM

I think it's the "STFU" part you mentioned :biggrin:

I've managed to keep myself off the "Banned Wagon" as well, mainly because of 2 reasons

1. I don't give a fuck

2. I use a lot of these :D

gn7
03-06-2014, 01:31 PM

that's because you don't know where the buttons are and when to push them.

It can be due to a single person. Or it can be the general wishes of the core group.
It can go the opposite way as well. Grads can shit on the floor and get away with it here, because here is like the cute puppy, not so much on other sites.

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
I got my first vacation for using the "C" word..(im sure you can figure it out) It got me a weeks vacation..but ever since I might get a PM to watch where I'm going with my subjects but thats about it...

C-2
03-06-2014, 01:34 PM
...or if your comment is unpopular by the masses:D:D then the lynchmob comes to court.
These days I go with the Cest La Vie attitude and just let it be. Life's too short to waste good energy on petty internet squabbles.

I think if your comments are unpopular with the masses, then you just take your lumps and move on. Or if you can't move on, then I guess that's what leads to the point of no return.

I miss half the crap that takes place leading to people being banned, but then again, I don't go looking for it, either.

It's just odd, same people, different place, same results.

I agree with you Ziggy, don't sweat the petty. :)

gn7
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM

You can say ANYTHING if you use enough smileys

gn7
03-06-2014, 01:39 PM
I got my first vacation for using the "C" word..(im sure you can figure it out) It got me a weeks vacation..but ever since I might get a PM to watch where I'm going with my subjects but thats about it...

No doubt some one was mortified.

pvhca1

I've managed to keep myself off the "Banned Wagon" as well, mainly because of 2 reasons

1. I don't give a fuck

How did u know? LOL

I enjoy pushing buttons, I pushed one too hard I guess, it's all good , they aren't pissed and neither am I. We'll break bread again or his head, LOL!!

C-2

1. I don't give a fuck

That's kind of my style too. I enjoy all the input, stories, and pics, but take other's opinions and advice on an "as-is" basis, lol.

thatguy
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Naw, none of that stuff matters.

It only matters if someone that can directly affect the re-sale or advertising "value" of a given site is upset.

For instance, I can drive Brown straight to the insane asylum on any given day, force him into repeated phone calls to RD to "make Tommy stop being mean" and RD will ask me to lay off so Brown will quit pestering him.

If I did even a fraction of that to some one who actually mattered, like a sponsor, I'd be beaten and discarded like a renegade razor scooter thug.

gn7
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Naw, none of that stuff matters.

It only matters if someone that can directly affect the re-sale or advertising "value" of a given site is upset.

For instance, I can drive Brown straight to the insane asylum on any given day, force him into repeated phone calls to RD to "make Tommy stop being mean" and RD will ask me to lay off so Brown will quit pestering him.

If I did even a fraction of that to some one who actually mattered, like a sponsor, I'd be beaten and discarded like a renegade razor scooter thug.

That's because its all about the MONEY. SHOW ME THE MONEY! '

Money can, will and does trump all, including integrity.

thatguy
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Exactly my point, Jenkins!

ChumpChange
03-06-2014, 02:58 PM
I got banned once for indirectly(okay it was directly) calling a moderator a Douche. The funny part was after the banning, the owner of the site called me up and profusely apologized to me, telling me that I shouldn't have been banned. He asked me if I could just sit out the three days so he didn't piss of his moderator by unbanning me since his moderator works for free. lol

pvhca1
03-06-2014, 03:00 PM

Not defending him at all, but that's a lame ass statement. Money to you and money to me must mean two very different things!!

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I got banned once for indirectly(okay it was directly) calling a moderator a Douche. The funny part was after the banning, the owner of the site called me up and profusely apologized to me, telling me that I shouldn't have been banned. He asked me if I could just sit out the three days so he didn't piss of his moderator by unbanning me since his moderator works for free. lol

If someone referred to you as a DOUCHE and it was well deserved...would said person get a vacation? (since you are a mod)...or would you really looked back at what happened and realized you are a douche and no punishment was deserved?

ChumpChange
03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
If someone referred to you as a DOUCHE and it was well deserved...would said person get a vacation? (since you are a mod)...or would you really looked back at what happened and realized you are a douche and no punishment was deserved?

No vacation here. It's the internet afterall and I don't have an iron fist ego. My non-internet life is pretty awesome so I don't have to make myself feel superior on the internet to offset my non-internet life. ;)

Eli
03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
I've heard of some people getting banned for things they didn't even do on the site. I.e. Posting something on a different website that hurt the feelings of the owner...err...person who took pride in banning us...err...them. :D At least that was the "excuse".

But, truth is banning me from the other site is like telling me I can't go to Siberia. At the time of the banning, I had no desire to post there and had pretty much stopped. I think it was just a way of saying she doesn't post here bc I banned her vs. She doesn't post here bc she doesn't want to.

Since I'm being candid here, when I first started posting here it was all because of Stainless' encouragement so PM him your grievances. :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 03:53 PM
No vacation here. It's the internet afterall and I don't have an iron fist ego. My non-internet life is pretty awesome so I don't have to make myself feel superior on the internet to offset my non-internet life. ;)

great attitude! you got shots coming in Havasu...just don't tell Vic about Patron...

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 05:06 PM
great attitude! you got shots coming in Havasu...just don't tell Vic about Patron...

I heard you :puke:

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 05:11 PM

damm it..I thought you were workng today.....

2manymustangs
03-06-2014, 05:45 PM

I think we all deserve to know the BACK STORY on this one gents...:popcorn:

Im guessing it is more than just "Vic doesnt like Patron"

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 05:53 PM
I think we all deserve to know the BACK STORY on this one gents...:popcorn:

Im guessing it is more than just "Vic doesnt like Patron"

He is not partial to "Tekillya" Fireball is his choice..Patron is my choice..last Desert Storm I was bleeding Fireball thanks to the HOTBOAT CREW...but wait...we killed alot of Alcohol in those 2 weeks.....

Ziggy
03-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I've heard of some people getting banned for things they didn't even do on the site. I.e. Posting something on a different website that hurt the feelings of the owner...err...person who took pride in banning us...err...them. :D At least that was the "excuse".

But, truth is banning me from the other site is like telling me I can't go to Siberia. At the time of the banning, I had no desire to post there and had pretty much stopped. I think it was just a way of saying she doesn't post here bc I banned her vs. She doesn't post here bc she doesn't want to.

Since I'm being candid here, when I first started posting here it was all because of Stainless' encouragement so PM him your grievances. :)

Sent from my Bat Cave
Seems to me there was something personal "over there" between you guys from the very get go, and that friction simmered all along:redface:

That damn Stainless must have been a bit rusty that day :D:D

riverbound
03-06-2014, 07:44 PM

I was banned from the night rider forums once. For trolling. Lol.

Slacker
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
I think if your comments are unpopular with the masses, then you just take your lumps and move on. Or if you can't move on, then I guess that's what leads to the point of no return.

I miss half the crap that takes place leading to people being banned, but then again, I don't go looking for it, either.

It's just odd, same people, different place, same results.

I agree with you Ziggy, don't sweat the petty. :)

Pet the sweaty

bb88
03-06-2014, 09:22 PM
So the Dodgers looked great today!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Slacker
03-06-2014, 09:23 PM
so the dodgers looked great today!!!

Sent from my xt907 using tapatalk

lol................preseason

Napanutt
03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
So the Dodgers looked great today!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Screw the Dodgers. We already have tickets for two Giants games so far. :)

SBS933
03-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Screw the Dodgers. We already have tickets for two Giants games so far. :)Throw the Lakers in that same sack.

Hammer
03-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Screw the Dodgers. We already have tickets for two Giants games so far. :)

Looking forward to showing up to giants game in my Dodger hat this year! :D

ChumpChange
03-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Throw the Lakers in that same sack.

Yeah I'm here at the game. Www.hotboat.com is more interesting.

Napanutt
03-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Looking forward to showing up to giants game in my Dodger hat this year! :D

I suppose we'd sit with you (as long as Dodgers aren't in town). ;)

Hammer
03-06-2014, 10:02 PM
I suppose we'd sit with you (as long as Dodgers aren't in town). ;)

Lol :)

SBS933
03-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Any Kings fans here ?

2FORCEFULL
03-07-2014, 01:54 AM
what is banned?

2FORCEFULL
03-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Any Kings fans here ?

kings and wings at our house..

riverrunner1984
03-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Any Kings fans here ?

If here talking ice hockey then yes. Kings are def my team!

Paul65K
03-07-2014, 05:57 AM
what is banned?

That's what happens when you get a little too forceful on certain forums :happy:

Ziggy
03-07-2014, 01:31 PM
that's what happens when you get a little too forceful on certain forums :happy:

lol :)

HB Vic
03-07-2014, 01:35 PM
That's what happens when you get a little too forceful on certain forums :happy:

Did he again?? Please say it isn't so

Paul65K
03-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Did he again?? Please say it isn't so

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNo not at all.....I just thought it was a cool play on words....pretty sure eveything's cool

HB Vic
03-07-2014, 01:46 PM
No not at all.....I just thought it was a cool play on words....pretty sure eveything's cool

Ok good

pvhca1
03-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Ok good

I may have gone a lil 2FF is all, LOL!!