PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm going to be...

niceguyeddie
03-03-2014, 05:12 PM
... A pain in the ass today. :)

So I wanna be clear. We can't say anything negative about a sponsor? If I get bad service from a vendor, I can't share with other members? Say a boat shop on here services my boat and damages my boat, I can't say anything?

I just wanna make sure I'm following the rules.

RogerThat99
03-03-2014, 05:34 PM
:D ......

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102692/3632472-3429186-3175621866-india.gif

Paul65K
03-03-2014, 05:58 PM
:D ......

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102692/3632472-3429186-3175621866-india.gif

Funny Stuff right there :hilarious:

Eli
03-03-2014, 06:12 PM
You can get as much accomplished by giving people referrals. If you have a great boat shop then say how great it was, you had a great time at a restaurant tell us about it. I usually don't give much credence to negative statements bc we all have bad days and mediocre experiences. I want to know about the exceptional service.

But that's just me.

Sent from my Bat Cave

RVRKID
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
I think that we should be able to put up anything about a service we got good or bad. If we never hear about someone's bad experience and people keep going and maybe they have the same experience but they can't post it either then when does it get out that the service sucked and to stop going. It is an open forum so if he had bad service somebody can let the shop know and they can come on here and refute it if they want. If shops are going to get more biz because of good referrals then the bad ones need to be put on here also. Just my $.02!

thatguy
03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
I think that we should be able to put up anything about a service we got good or bad. If we never hear about someone's bad experience and people keep going and maybe they have the same experience but they can't post it either then when does it get out that the service sucked and to stop going. It is an open forum so if he had bad service somebody can let the shop know and they can come on here and refute it if they want. If shops are going to get more biz because of good referrals then the bad ones need to be put on here also. Just my $.02!

You can try, but it usually goes sideways real fast.
I had a less than satisfactory experience with a well known, very respected guru a while back.
In my communications with him it was hinted that the problem was my doing.

I NEVER posted the guys name except in PM's, and was more concerned about fixing the issue.

Still, just the suggestion that he had not performed to his reputation drew a lot of judgement against me.

Maybe I was just the lucky one in a hundred that got what I consider bad service, but I think my stuff just wasn't important enough, and maybe not high profile enough to get his best. Even though I paid everything asked of me with zero dickering.

If I told exactly what was done, at exactly what price, the defenders would not believe me.
It really does no good because the power of the Internet is not always balanced.

So many times I have wanted to warn people that an online reputation may be onesided, but it would really just get me ostracized from help and advice.
So my advice is to maybe make a short list from what you read, then GO CHECK THEM OUT before agreeing to have work done.

WESTERNAERO
03-03-2014, 07:03 PM
You can try, but it usually goes sideways real fast.
I had a less than satisfactory experience with a well known, very respected guru a while back.
In my communications with him it was hinted that the problem was my doing.

I NEVER posted the guys name except in PM's, and was more concerned about fixing the issue.

Still, just the suggestion that he had not performed to his reputation drew a lot of judgement against me.

Maybe I was just the lucky one in a hundred that got what I consider bad service, but I think my stuff just wasn't important enough, and maybe not high profile enough to get his best. Even though I paid everything asked of me with zero dickering.

If I told exactly what was done, at exactly what price, the defenders would not believe me.
It really does no good because the power of the Internet is not always balanced.

So many times I have wanted to warn people that an online reputation may be onesided, but it would really just get me ostracized from help and advice.
So my advice is to maybe make a short list from what you read, then GO CHECK THEM OUT before agreeing to have work done.

These types of deals are tough for both parties. In a business when you're providing a service you're only as good as your last fuck-up.
When you deal with regular customers on a daily basis it's not so bad because you have a history of quality with them. However when you deal with new customers all the time it's difficult when that once a year fuck-up happens. A good business owner will make it right when this happens. But he will get a beating on his reputation in the meantime which sometimes isn't fair.

HB Vic
03-03-2014, 07:16 PM
You can say anything you want, but why not tell the company first??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unforgiven
03-03-2014, 07:33 PM
I had a issue with a Gelcoater in Havi...Had my boat forever...I made one mention about it on another site...wrong move...So now I take my Boat to Dustin at Menace Marine..Howard boats takes care of any gel issues since they are next door.. Dustin does my upgrades for a fair price and GREAT work...What makes Dustins shop even better?? My insurance agent Nick from NRI hangs out, Rob from ROOTZ EFI hangs out..Teaque is right down the street if I need any quick parts...and Kevin (WESTERNEAERO) is close by if I need any support...The Blower Shop is easy reach...I wish Chris Straub and Scott Foxwell we're closer...Shit I didn't even mention the shop that FUCKED me but mentioned everyone else that is great to do BIZ with or even hang out!

28eliminator
03-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I had a issue with a Gelcoater in Havi...Had my boat forever...I made one mention about it on another site...wrong move...So now I take my Boat to Dustin at Menace Marine..Howard boats takes care of any gel issues since they are next door.. Dustin does my upgrades for a fair price and GREAT work...What makes Dustins shop even better?? My insurance agent Nick from NRI hangs out, Rob from ROOTZ EFI hangs out..Teaque is right down the street if I need any quick parts...and Kevin (WESTERNEAERO) is close by if I need any support...The Blower Shop is easy reach...I wish Chris Straub and Scott Foxwell we're closer...Shit I didn't even mention the shop that FUCKED me but mentioned everyone else that is great to do BIZ with or even hang out!

I've dealt with Scott and Chris both. 2 very sharp guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HB Vic
03-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks NGE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
03-03-2014, 08:58 PM
... A pain in the ass today. :)

So I wanna be clear. We can't say anything negative about a sponsor? If I get bad service from a vendor, I can't share with other members? Say a boat shop on here services my boat and damages my boat, I can't say anything?

I just wanna make sure I'm following the rules.

Just wanna be sure you're following the rules huh? I'm pretty sure I've said at least a million times do not trash businesses here. If you have a problem with them, take it up with them directly if you actually want something done. If you just want to bitch, take it somewhere else.