Pages : 1 [2]

Stainless
03-06-2014, 01:26 PM
holey or holley? :D

Holes. :D

CH3NO2

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 03:46 PM
If you have a question you would like to ask, but remain anonymous, this is your opportunity to ask it. I would prefer boating questions, but its entirely up to you. Your questions will remain 100% confidential.

You can PM your question directly to me or send a anonymous email to: info@hotboat.com

I have a couple more I'm working on, out of the realm of my expertise. Not much in my realm I suppose LOL

2manymustangs
03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Yea, I probably have 75 old greasy, holey t-shirts I can send out. ;)

CH3NO2

holey or holley? :D

Holes. :D

CH3NO2

I was hoping for one of these:

Stainless
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Nope, sorry, have you tried Paul and Eli? :D

CH3NO2

Eli
03-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Nope, sorry, have you tried Paul and Eli? :D

CH3NO2

I don't do t-shirts remember?

Sent from my Bat Cave

H2oSki2Fast
03-06-2014, 04:12 PM
If you have a question you would like to ask, but remain anonymous, this is your opportunity to ask it. I would prefer boating questions, but its entirely up to you. Your questions will remain 100% confidential.

You can PM your question directly to me or send a anonymous email to: info@hotboat.com

I have a couple more I'm working on, out of the realm of my expertise. Not much in my realm I suppose LOL

I have a question: You think it's a coincidence posting from "new" people has picked up since grads has been on time out?

Mitch
03-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I have a question: You think it's a coincidence posting from "new" people has picked up since grads has been on time out?

Yes , and a few of the self appointed " Core " Posters need some time off also .

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Well now that you have me in a corner lol, honestly, no and yes. I think some people use Grads as the scapegoat at times. I know when I was on the other sites there were people there who were more difficult to deal with than Grads, but that never stopped me from posting there.

I also think other things have been going on elsewhere, so maybe its just a little less hot in here? :D

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Yes , and a few of the self appointed " Core " Posters need some time off also .

So what are you trying to say? Core Posters need time off? have they personally done anything to offend you? harass you? Or is it their postings aren't boat related?

riverrunner1984
03-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I have noticed a lot more new posters after the past couple days of this topic!

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I have noticed a lot more new posters after the past couple days of this topic!

HOTBOAT actually made this thread real interesting..there were alot of questions I wanted to ask but most of them got covered..Now all thats left are the real serious questions.....

So HOTBOAT, What are the chances of Greenbay making it to the superbowl?

riverrunner1984
03-06-2014, 05:22 PM
HOTBOAT actually made this thread real interesting..there were alot of questions I wanted to ask but most of them got covered..Now all thats left are the real serious questions.....

Not this year! Steelers are going to take it 😀!!!

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Oh the irony of this question.

I'm going to defer to my counterpart. He's much more knowledgeable on the subject. You can contact him here:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic.html

LOL :D

Mitch
03-06-2014, 05:27 PM
So what are you trying to say? Core Posters need time off? have they personally done anything to offend you? harass you? Or is it their postings aren't boat related?

Thread after thread of the same stupid shit , honestly how long does it take for the same people to shit up a thread ? It turns to drinking some stupid sexual comment just plain old imature crap
. It didnt start out like that there were only 20 of us who posted regular and wanted a good quqlity site, for the first 6 months ,we talked about hanging banners how to get a interview with Jim Shubin sponsoring skiers and events starting the facebook account getting new members to look at face book etc. . the site has gotten so far off track it probably cant be fixed without a major over haul . Its not my site doesnt matter to me what happens to it just my observation . And nobody said or did anything :)

SFV2RVR
03-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Thread after thread of the same stupid shit , honestly how long does it take for the same people to shit up a thread ? It turns to drinking some stupid sexual comment just plain old imature crap
. It didnt start out like that there were only 20 of us who posted regular and wanted a good quqlity site, for the first 6 months ,we talked about hanging banners how to get a interview with Jim Shubin sponsoring skiers and events starting the facebook account getting new members to look at face book etc. . the site has gotten so far off track it probably cant be fixed without a major over haul . Its not my site doesnt matter to me what happens to it just my observation . And nobody said or did anything :)

X2. It gets old really fast!

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM

so are you thinking that we might create a new "Stupid zone" so the off banter shit can be moved out (where it can continue) and leave the sandbar strictly boating related? I'm not shooting you down..I like to hear other peoples ideas about what they like to see in Forums..This would create more work for the MODS or the need for more MODs( I see a job opening) Currently if shit gets out of hand it's moved..not deleted but moved..we just can't see it! So Vic..maybe we can find a way to clean up the sandbar but still have an "zone" where the bantering can continue..keep the same same rules ...

Hammer
03-06-2014, 06:04 PM
so are you thinking that we might create a new "Stupid zone" so the off banter shit can be moved out (where it can continue) and leave the sandbar strictly boating related? I'm not shooting you down..I like to hear other peoples ideas about what they like to see in Forums..This would create more work for the MODS or the need for more MODs( I see a job opening) Currently if shit gets out of hand it's moved..not deleted but moved..we just can't see it! So Vic..maybe we can find a way to clean up the sandbar but still have an "zone" where the bantering can continue..keep the same same rules ...

:shock: You mean something like "the lighter side" . LMAO :biggrin:

Unforgiven
03-06-2014, 06:06 PM
:shock: You mean something like "the lighter side" . LMAO :biggrin:

something like that..I just didn't want to use that term...But you know what I mean..

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM

X2. It gets old really fast!

I know both of you guys and I respect both of you. Never given me a reason not to. But it seems to me some what you're saying here stems from other reasons. Its a little transparent to me honestly, and its been going on for awhile now. I will not get in to the reasons why things changed, if you want to know, give me a call and I will share the truth with you, as long as its in confidence.

The Shubin interview was done, but I'm not sure what that has to do with boating. Its a bar, and as far as I know it still isn't open. We did our best to put together a quality piece on them, and I think we accomplished that. We sponsored skiers early on. For some reason it just didn't seem to work. Maybe we sponsored the wrong skier, I don't know. I won't say that we won't do it again, but I am being selective in regard to where the money goes. This site has not generated millions of dollars, in fact, in just over a year of operation it has generated less than what most people make in a month. If you're interested to know what I've spent, give me a call, I'll share that with you too.

As far as drinking, sexual comments, and immaturity? You've just described about 95% of the population. We can probably count out most of the priests, rabbi's and pastors :D

As far as a good quality site. The foundation has been built and the bones are in place. The structure is here. I/we/me/us do not and cannot make this place what you want it to be. That's entirely up to you. We will do our best to bring as much content as we possibly can, but the rest is really up to you, the members and contributors to the site. God knows I delete one inappropriate post or comment and I get pounced on.

As the owner of this place, I can't control who posts what, as long as it is within the confines of what few rules we have. I cannot make a blanket statement to the effect "This is purely a boating site, any other content will not be permitted or allowed". You know that, I know that, and the members know that. And honestly, this is a social site, not a pure tech site.

As far as what happens to this site, I'm sorry to hear you don't care. I care. It may not seem like it to many, but keeping this place up and running, both infrastructure wise and trying to keep the chickens all going in the same direction, is almost a full time job. If I didn't care I would imagine it would be very similar to the hotboat.com of old toward the end, pure chaos.

I appreciate the content both of you have brought to the site, it is greatly appreciated. And I hope you continue to do so. Both of you are respected in the boating community. Both of you have absolutely beautiful boats. And both of you know you're shit.

So help me to help you by outweighing the social/silly/immature aspect of any social site, with more solid boating content.

Thank you,
HB

HB Vic
03-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Bashing and speaking the truth are 2 different things!

When you name names, its called bashing. Thanks.

SFV2RVR
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
When you name names, its called bashing. Thanks.

Ok. Next time I won't mention names.

Mitch
03-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Vic all the things that I mentioned you were involved in plus footing the bill and yes they were positive, regardles of the outcome , the ski race was bad ass all the go pros and and stills being shot it was a great effort . That race was a turning point for HB :)

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Vic all the things that I mentioned you were involved in plus footing the bill and yes they were positive, regardles of the outcome , the ski race was bad ass all the go pros and and stills being shot it was a great effort . That race was a turning point for HB :)

Gopros and pics. Where can those be found, what's the title of the thread?

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Truth be told Vic........A forum (Boating or otherwise) is a lot like a political campaign.......eventually someone will be disappointed (Mad, Pissed, etc...) so it is what it is.

Almost everybody here started somewhere else and ended up here (even if they are still on other sites). What's frustrating is that just like a political campaign the facts are usually lost and the personal attacks (People, groups, otherwise) almost always take over.

I for one applaud you for trying to mitigate this dynamic on this site and it is one of the things I personally like most about the time I spend here.

Mitch
03-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Gopros and pics. Where can those be found, what's the title of the thread?

They should be in the waterskiing thread march of 13 really cool stuff by Nick roger that William and a few others . If not i have them in my archives . When you coming to Parker ?

RogerThat99
03-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Truth be told Vic........A forum (Boating or otherwise) is a lot like a political campaign.......eventually someone will be disappointed (Mad, Pissed, etc...) so it is what it is.

Almost everybody here started somewhere else and ended up here (even if they are still on other sites). What's frustrating is that just like a political campaign the facts are usually lost and the personal attacks (People, groups, otherwise) almost always take over.

I for one applaud you for trying to mitigate this dynamic on this site and it is one of the things I personally like most about the time I spend here.

That makes a lot of sense Admin2...eeerr I mean Paul65K. :D

Sent using Tapatalk.

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 07:46 PM
They should be in the waterskiing thread march of 13 really cool stuff by Nick roger that William and a few others . If not i have them in my archives . When you coming to Parker ?

Thought about this weekend. But I'm going to work on the boat and go to puddingstone instead. The boat needs to be done by mid May.

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 07:47 PM
That makes a lot of sense Admin2...eeerr I mean Paul65K. :D

Sent using Tapatalk.See what I mean.....and now the name calling begins :hilarious:

Mitch
03-06-2014, 07:51 PM
See what I mean.....and now the name calling begins :hilarious:

The boat in your avatar looks a little wet what does it run about 50 ? tell me about your prop

Mitch
03-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Thought about this weekend. But I'm going to work on the boat and go to puddingstone instead. The boat needs to be done by mid May.

Ok I got a few things for you and Marc to look at as well as some sketches. Im going to move my exhaust ports to the center and need a flush bezel for starters .

RogerThat99
03-06-2014, 07:54 PM
The boat in your avatar looks a little wet what does it run about 50 ? tell me about your prop

Yes, tell us about your Stoker. ;)

Sent using Tapatalk.

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Ok I got a few things for you and Marc to look at as well as some sketches. Im going to move my exhaust ports to the center and need a flush bezel for starters .

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Might look a little funny on a blown deal though.
Marc's going to be there, you can give him the sketches if you want.

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 08:03 PM
The boat in your avatar looks a little wet what does it run about 50 ? tell me about your propThe only Schiada I ever had that ran 50 was only 10' long :lmao

It runs 81MPH on the GPS in perfect conditions, lightly loaded running a 26P 4 blade cleaver (Labbed) .....here's a video running high 70's with full fuel :D

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 08:05 PM
The only Schiada I ever had that ran 50 was only 10' long :lmao

It runs 81MPH on the GPS in perfect conditions, lightly loaded running a 26P 4 blade cleaver (Labbed) .....here's a video running high 70's with full fuel :D

Paul, is your boat a tunnel?

Mitch
03-06-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Might look a little funny on a blown deal though.
Marc's going to be there, you can give him the sketches if you want.

It would look BadbAss Imco made me a template all i got to do is find it :)

Mitch
03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Paul65K;98004]The only Schiada I ever had that ran 50 was only 10' long :lmao

It runs 81MPH on the GPS in perfect conditions, lightly loaded running a 26P 4 blade cleaver (Labbed) .....here's a video running high 70's with full fuel :

I was wondering if it was a Hill signature if its a cleaver probably not, you keep drinking that cool aide my friend .....

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Paul, is your boat a tunnel?
Yes it is.....21RT with a setback motor mount......won't run with a Stoker as it's probably a good 500 - 800lbs heavier, but I'm guessing that I probably will be more comfortable in the chop.

I'm running a TorqueMaster lower so probably a couple of mph there but not really interested in going much faster personally :D

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Paul65K;98004]The only Schiada I ever had that ran 50 was only 10' long :lmao

It runs 81MPH on the GPS in perfect conditions, lightly loaded running a 26P 4 blade cleaver (Labbed) .....here's a video running high 70's with full fuel :

I was wondering if it was a Hill signature if its a cleaver probably not, you keep drinking that cool aide my friend .....Kool-aid.....then I must have a defective GPS speedo......do you think I should return it :lmao

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 08:15 PM
It would look BadbAss Imco made me a template all i got to do is find it :)

Little mock up with my existing pipes. Not sure if I like it.

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Oops....forgot the video......here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86sFQc0Ev5U&list=LLli6DLg_WqjW1-yV4EPZ1TQ

Mitch
03-06-2014, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Mitch;98007]Kool-aid.....then I must have a defective GPS speedo......do you think I should return it :lmao

Ok ill try again i was curious what the prop was i saw it from a distance and was curious , Kool Aide wasnt refering to your speed

Mitch
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Also try a mock up exiting out the side if have room

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Paul65K;98010]

Ok ill try again i was curious what the prop was i saw it from a distance and was curious , Kool Aide wasnt refering to your speedFair enough :action-smiley-035:

Get Some
03-06-2014, 08:34 PM

I'm digging it.. A lot of offroad guys are going a 8 into 1 exhaust pipe and the sound is awesome. More like a f1 car!

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Also try a mock up exiting out the side if have room

Out the side? I'm not following.

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm digging it.. A lot of offroad guys are going a 8 into 1 exhaust pipe and the sound is awesome. More like a f1 car!

If I do, the tip will be an oval shape and end up being about 14" long. So you're right it would sound good.

Paul65K
03-06-2014, 08:39 PM
If I do, the tip will be an oval shape and end up being about 14" long. So you're right it would sound good.That just sounds cool :thumb:

Mitch
03-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Instead of exiting thru the transom exit the side behind the tanks looks bad ass

Stainless
03-06-2014, 08:46 PM
In my mind, I questioned why HB started this thread, to his credit he is committed to seeing it through and has taken every question. I also think its important to know that some of his family are active members here.

My eyes have been opened to some things as a result of this thread. Per members perception there are problems with the Sandbar, specifically a core group of people including myself, who do most of the posting there. For the sake of the site what can be done within reason to create balance and still be vibrant?
I for one will slow down posting if that's what's needed. A lot of my posting is for humor and shock value. If I offend some of you, PM me or put me on ignore please. I've never used the ignore feature so I don't really know how it works.
Let's show our optimistic side, what say you membership? :)

CH3NO2

Hammer
03-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Instead of exiting thru the transom exit the side behind the tanks looks bad ass

I have a picture of a Vector with a TT set up with side exhaust , I'll see if I can find it ...

Slacker
03-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Been out boating so I come and see this kind of shit,,,,HotBoat starts a thread and it goes sideways with a bunch of Jr. High CRAP! Guest I haven't missed a thing,, oh Grads gets a leave, no surprise there!

Mitch
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
I have a picture of a Vector with a TT set up with side exhaust , I'll see if I can find it ...

Yes please post it

Hammer
03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
35569 only pic I have on this computer, you can kind of see the exhaust....

Out the side? I'm not following.

Hammer
03-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Yes please post it

I can get detailed pics if you would like, my best friend still owns the boat. It was Fred Inmans of IMCO at one time...

WESTERNAERO
03-06-2014, 08:59 PM

Thanks. I need to open that on the ipad so I can zoom in.

Hammer
03-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Here is A still shot, you can see the exhaust tip coming off the turbo housing (Gentry set up I believe) , pretty straight forward design. Find the degree you need to miss the side tanks then kick the tube back straight to exit the side of the boat.

Thanks. I need to open that on the ipad so I can zoom in.

Hammer
03-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Mitch, I was looking at ''Coin Toss" at the Needles show, did you recently add the pin strip between the Red and White on the Hull ? I don't remember seeing that or the name on the back before. Looks great , really like the name !:)

WESTERNAERO
03-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Here is A still shot, you can see the exhaust tip coming off the turbo housing (Gentry set up I believe) , pretty straight forward design. Find the degree you need to miss the side tanks then kick the tube back straight to exit the side of the boat.

That design will definitely not work. If I built something like that and then told my wife and kid they had to climb over it to get in the boat I'd be in the doghouse for sure.

Hammer
03-07-2014, 09:57 AM
That design will definitely not work. If I built something like that and then told my wife and kid they had to climb over it to get in the boat I'd be in the doghouse for sure.

To each his own, I guess. :)

Unforgiven
03-07-2014, 10:27 AM
In my mind, I questioned why HB started this thread, to his credit he is committed to seeing it through and has taken every question. I also think its important to know that some of his family are active members here.

My eyes have been opened to some things as a result of this thread. Per members perception there are problems with the Sandbar, specifically a core group of people including myself, who do most of the posting there. For the sake of the site what can be done within reason to create balance and still be vibrant?
I for one will slow down posting if that's what's needed. A lot of my posting is for humor and shock value. If I offend some of you, PM me or put me on ignore please. I've never used the ignore feature so I don't really know how it works.
Let's show our optimistic side, what say you membership? :)

CH3NO2
Post Away..I have no problems with your postings...if I don't want to read a certain postings I don't...but then again some shitty postings give me something to read while I'm on the shitter....

Eli
03-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Post Away..I have no problems with your postings...if I don't want to read a certain postings I don't...but then again some shitty postings give me something to read while I'm on the shitter....

Hahaha!! That's awesome!!

WESTERNAERO
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
To each his own, I guess. :)

Yeah, okay funny guy. You must be single.:D

Unforgiven
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM

Hey, shouldn't this shit be post down in the engines section?? your cluttering up all the interesting stuff....

Mitch
03-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Mitch, I was looking at ''Coin Toss" at the Needles show, did you recently add the pin strip between the Red and White on the Hull ? I don't remember seeing that or the name on the back before. Looks great , really like the name !:)

Its always been there the grey stripe is gel .Thank you Hammer.....

WESTERNAERO
03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Hey, shouldn't this shit be post down in the engines section?? your cluttering up all the interesting stuff....

Exactly! I've been preaching that shit but nobody listens. So, when in Rome..........

Hammer
03-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah, okay funny guy. You must be single.:D

I am single, and I still think it's a pain in the ass to crawl over that exhaust after taking a swim. Lol :D

So I kinda agree with you, just hard to be "negative" about a friends boat, hence the "to each his own" comment. I still
Want to be able to go for rides In it ... Haha

Hammer
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Its always been there the grey stripe is gel .Thank you Hammer.....

You are Welcome !

One day I will find the a what seems to be rare V-Drive Vector...

WESTERNAERO
03-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I am single, and I still think it's a pain in the ass to crawl over that exhaust after taking a swim. Lol :D

So I kinda agree with you, just hard to be "negative" about a friends boat, hence the "to each his own" comment. I still
Want to be able to go for rides In it ... Haha
I not negative about anybody's stuff. But I know for a fact that wouldn't fly. All my toys are too loud, too uncomfortable and she's always dealt with it. But one look at that and its do-over time. :biggrin:

Hammer
03-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I not negative about anybody's stuff. But I know for a fact that wouldn't fly. All my toys are too loud, too uncomfortable and she's always dealt with it. But one look at that and its do-over time. :biggrin:

Negative was the wrong word to use(my bad). Happy wife, happy life as they say ....