PDA

View Full Version : Any flats in Texas?

JusTrouble
03-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Ok, Im confused again. I put a threat in the v-drive section, thinking it most appropriate but there isnt much activity there so I'll ask here too.
My daughter and son-in-law now live in that area. I saw Lake Conroe in the town of the same name but when I was there on the bike last year all I saw was wake-makers and rough water - no flats. Going to visit next week. Just wondering if anyone in that area has flats or what other lakes near there might be good for flats. Im hoping the kids will get one instead of waiting for me to croak and give them my 67 Belmont!

Thanks
JT

ChumpChange
03-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Was just in TX last week but no boating. Weather has been so unpredictable I hope you're able to do what you want!

JusTrouble
03-01-2014, 06:36 PM
just going to spend time with the kids and help them out with projects on their new house - no boat - just wanting to stoke their interest

Sharp shooter
03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
There's a lot of flats in Texas JT. JJ Beaver who owns beaver fab does all kinds of work out there. Check out this site. http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?board=76.0

Boschma
03-02-2014, 09:06 AM
I've lived in west Texas for 5 years now and the only cool boats I've been belong to people that originally are from California. Most people out here was wakeboard boats, searay or Muxxus type boats.