PDA

View Full Version : Must be getting "BAD" - need rain

314joey
02-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Looks like you guys need some rain real "BAD" :shock:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/california-drought/after-california-reservoir-drops-17-percent-capacity-n38806

Eli
02-26-2014, 08:19 AM
What sucks is it supposed to rain so much this weekend that people are sand bag gun which means it will mostly be run off!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
02-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Too funny! That is my backyard....Folsom Lake. Every where you see brown should be covered in almost 100' of water. This photo only shows a small portion of the lake. The lake has gone up 25' since that picture and we have another storm rolling through this weekend.

JohnnyRotten
02-26-2014, 10:40 AM
When the water gets that low does the dam still generate legtricity or are you using candles?

We have just the opposite issue here......

GRADS
02-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Yes the dam generates electricity but more importantly that is our source of drinking water. Send some of the snow our way!

Eli
02-26-2014, 10:59 AM
When the water gets that low does the dam still generate legtricity or are you using candles?

We have just the opposite issue here......

Grads uses candles either way...he's in touch with his feminine side ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

JohnnyRotten
02-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes the dam generates electricity but more importantly that is our source of drinking water. Send some of the snow our way!

Beer and candles...problem solved.

Is it too late to recover this season as I thought you folks get the bulk of your water from the mountain snow melt?

GRADS
02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Is it too late to recover this season as I thought you folks get the bulk of your water from the mountain snow melt?

You are correct about that. The rain helps the lake but what keeps it full is the snow run off. The snow pack is looking so so right now but we are expecting a storm this weekend to drop some.

GotHalos
02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
The difference between those two pictures is crazy!

Ziggy
02-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Them NorCal'ers drink a shitload of water ;) :D

314joey
02-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Too funny! That is my backyard....Folsom Lake. Every where you see brown should be covered in almost 100' of water. This photo only shows a small portion of the lake. The lake has gone up 25' since that picture and we have another storm rolling through this weekend.

]

That's weird, the story said the picture was taken jan16th this year, it filled up 25' in 5 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's a Eli hmmmmmmmmmm.

gn7
02-26-2014, 02:06 PM
shit like this happens when you let the farmers grow rice in the central valley.

Probably more water in this freek'n field than there is Folsom.
Notice how they managed to take the picture when it looks like a storm coming to refill the field?? They aren't stupid. They aren't going to take a shot with the sun is blaring and its 105* so you can think WTF??
http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/graphics/images/2010/08-06Rice.field.jpg

Sam Kinison said it best. Its a desert. You know what grows in a fucking desert? NOTHING!
So what do we let the farmers do? Grow the one of the highest water demand crops on the world, IN A FUCKING DESERT!!
Whats next? Sugar cane and pineapples??

Heres the kicker. 90% of the rice grown in the central valley, is exported to another country. We don't even eat the shit. So we use OUR water to feed some one else. How stupid is that?

GRADS
02-26-2014, 02:24 PM
That's weird, the story said the picture was taken jan16th this year, it filled up 25' in 5 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's a Eli hmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm not sure what you mean but yes it actually filled up 28 feet in less than a month. This is a screen shot off of the California Department of Water Resources website.

pvhca1
02-26-2014, 03:26 PM
shit like this happens when you let the farmers grow rice in the central valley.

Notice how they managed to take the picture when it looks like a storm coming to refill the field?? They aren't stupid. They aren't going to take a shot with the sun is blaring and its 105* so you can think WTF??

Sam Kinison said it best. Its a desert. You know what grows in a fucking desert? NOTHING!
So what do we let the farmers do? Grow the one of the highest water demand crops on the world, IN A FUCKING DESERT!!

Heres the kicker. 90% of the rice grown in the central valley, is exported to another country. We don't even eat the shit. So we use OUR water to feed some one else. How stupid is that?

Do you ever have anything positive to add to any of these threads?

GRADS
02-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Do you ever have anything positive to add to any of these threads?

Finally someone said it.

pvhca1
02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Finally someone said it.

I've bit my "keyboard" finger long enough, LOL. The guy rants like a fuckin baby, acts like he's the cornucopia of knowledge on every flippin subject and then get's all "butt hurt" when the "Miguel's" reel him in!!

ptc
02-26-2014, 03:48 PM

With all due respect Bob... The most rice in the state of CA is actually grown right here in Sacramento which is centrally located but in Northern CAL. And it is far from a "Fucken Dessert" as you put it. And to use Sam Kinison (one the worlds most renowned stupid comics) as a source for your facts is far beneath even you.... And I'll add this - who care who eats the shit as long as they are BUYING it from us?, its one of CALIFORNIA's largest cash crops!!!

You live in LA LA land and you take more of our water then the people actually growing something with it to just flush your FRIGGEN toilets.... so you may want to look at your facts a bit closer and see who really uses all that water in FOLSOM Reservoiur because it aint the Folsom residents. Or the areas surrounding it. Ever heard of the CA Aquaduct system????

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Kluft-Photo-Aerial-I205-California-Aqueduct-Img_0038.jpg

pvhca1
02-26-2014, 03:49 PM
With all due respect Bob... The most rice in the state of CA is actually grown right here in Sacramento which is centrally located but in Northern CAL. And it is far from a "Fucken Dessert" as you put it. And to use Sam Kinison (one the worlds most renowned stupid comics) as a source for your facts is far beneath even you.... And I'll add this - who care who eats the shit as long as they are BUYING it from us?, its one of CALIFORNIA's largest cash crops!!!

You live in LA LA land and you take more of our water then the people actually growing something with it to just flush your FRIGGEN toilets.... so you may want to look at your facts a bit closer and see who really uses all that water in FOLSOM Reservoiur because it aint the Folsom residents. Or the areas surrounding it. Ever heard of the CA Aquaduct system????

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Kluft-Photo-Aerial-I205-California-Aqueduct-Img_0038.jpg

Oh boy, u just opened a can of worms, LOL!!

JohnnyRotten
02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
I'll need a drink of water.......

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/Silver_Cloud/popcorn.gif (http://s418.photobucket.com/user/Silver_Cloud/media/popcorn.gif.html)

314joey
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure what you mean but yes it actually filled up 28 feet in less than a month. This is a screen shot off of the California Department of Water Resources website.
]

I wasn't calling you out, I don't have a clue how big or small the lake is, so i wouldn't know how long it takes to fill back up, our lake back home (LOTO) only fluctuates 4-6 and that's only because the COE lowers it for the Northern snow and Spring rains, it just surprises me that a lake could go up and down that much so fast, that's all i was saying, I'll go back to my corner.

Ziggy
02-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I wasn't calling you out, I don't have a clue how big or small the lake is, so i wouldn't know how long it takes to fill back up, our lake back home (LOTO) only fluctuates 4-6 and that's only because the COE lowers it for the Northern snow and Spring rains, it just surprises me that a lake could go up and down that much so fast, that's all i was saying, I'll go back to my corner.

It in fact is a reservoir vs a lake. Man made water storage facility. When sufficient runoff is available the levels stay high and within a handfull of feet. Drought conditions that we are experiencing has sucked many reservoirs dry.
On the bright side, Grads had several cool paddleboard trips he documented here on stuff he found at the bottom of Folsom as the level dropped.

From my POS T-mobile thingie

ptc
02-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Oh boy, u just opened a can of worms, LOL!!

Oh well... you know the pilgrims taught the native americans how to plant corn for themselves to EAT, you'd think somebody in SOCAL could teach someone to build a reserviour for themselves to SAVE WATER!!!!

I know that would be too EASY!!!

MR.T
02-26-2014, 08:43 PM

Hey, Einstien. You may know how to build an engine but you know nothing about farming! That isn't a rice field

GRADS
02-26-2014, 09:35 PM
:lmao :hilarious:34983

Hey, Einstien. You may know how to build an engine but you know nothing about farming! That isn't a rice field

gn7
02-26-2014, 10:18 PM

Interesting. UC San Diego say it is. It may not be Northern California, but it is pretty much grown the same around the world. In a fucking swap.

ChumpChange
02-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Laughing at the traffic report on the radio this morning. Learn to drive in the rain people! Glad I don't work downtown anymore where I have to take all those freeways. Rain means train day.

Stainless
02-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Looks like Gradsville was getting rain yesterday/night.

CH3NO2

riverrunner1984
02-27-2014, 08:18 AM
3 accidents on my way to the gym this morning. It was dumping rain the whole way.
Passed a nasty accident on the 10 that had east bound shut down in Montclair.
It stopped raining in LB right now though.

ChumpChange
02-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Interesting. UC San Diego say it is. It may not be Northern California, but it is pretty much grown the same around the world. In a fucking swap.

Those nasty nasty swaps.....