PDA

View Full Version : New Style AO Cooler?

niceguyeddie
02-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Has anyone tried one of these? Im thinking about ordering one.

icb1
02-26-2014, 08:26 AM
We have a couple of those in stock but havnt tried them yet, but they do fit nice under the seats

white tortilla
02-26-2014, 08:51 AM
my friend has one. pretty cool, holds a 30 brick and u dont hav to dig for beers

GRADS
02-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Can someone school me on what is so great about these coolers? I've never seen one before but I hear everyone rave about them.

Stainless
02-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Can someone school me on what is so great about these coolers? I've never seen one before but I hear everyone rave about them.

They don't slide around in your boat, lid doesn't open going a 100 mph, less like to scuff gel if they touch it, and mostly...all the cool kids have them. :D

CH3NO2

rivergames
02-26-2014, 10:07 AM

In my v-drive, I don't have carpeted floors. The nice soft exterior doesn't scratch my gel coated floors and doesn't hurt when I hit a wave and the cooler launches up on someone's foot

niceguyeddie
02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
my friend has one. pretty cool, holds a 30 brick and u dont hav to dig for beers

Yea that's what I thought. They look pretty cool. All 3 of mine leak and have been problematic since I got them. So I cut holes in the liner and sent them back for credit towards new ones. I'm going to baby the shit out of these coolers. It sucks when they leak because they stain the crap out of the sides of the cooler. If these damn things leak again I'm taking my boat into an upholstery shop and having two Igloo coolers mounted into the floor under the bow.

HB Vic
02-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Yea that's what I thought. They look pretty cool. All 3 of mine leak and have been problematic since I got them. So I cut holes in the liner and sent them back for credit towards new ones. I'm going to baby the shit out of these coolers. It sucks when they leak because they stain the crap out of the sides of the cooler. If these damn things leak again I'm taking my boat into an upholstery shop and having two Igloo coolers mounted into the floor under the bow.

I've owned more AO coolers than you can imagine, but not because they leaked, because they keep getting borrowed and not returned. I had one of the several that we've owned (maybe more than a dozen), maybe leak. That cooler was taken back to AO and they fixed it for free. We have a couple that we treat with kit gloves, but not for fear of damaging them. I don't want them to get the boat dirty so I keep them clean. The others get tossed around like a dishrag. Personally I will not own any other soft cooler, AO has been stand up and their coolers are outstanding.

niceguyeddie
02-26-2014, 11:08 AM
I've owned more AO coolers than you can imagine, but not because they leaked, because they keep getting borrowed and not returned. I had one of the several that we've owned (maybe more than a dozen), maybe leak. That cooler was taken back to AO and they fixed it for free. We have a couple that we treat with kit gloves, but not for fear of damaging them. I don't want them to get the boat dirty so I keep them clean. The others get tossed around like a dishrag. Personally I will not own any other soft cooler, AO has been stand up and their coolers are outstanding.

I don't know if it's just my luck or what? I take care of them, don't over stuff them, don't put empties in them or anything thing else known to cause leaking. I get so pissed off when they leak because the carpet under my bow will be soaked. I bought one of my coolers last year and had it 2 weekends and it leaked. This one I'm sending back for repair because I had it embroidered, but it sucks because the sides look like shit (stained) from the water leaking out. The other two are 4 and 6 years old so I'm just going to start new. I noticed that they changed the liner material in them too.

Cigalert
02-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I don't know if it's just my luck or what? I take care of them, don't over stuff them, don't put empties in them or anything thing else known to cause leaking. I get so pissed off when they leak because the carpet under my bow will be soaked. I bought one of my coolers last year and had it 2 weekends and it leaked. This one I'm sending back for repair because I had it embroidered, but it sucks because the sides look like shit (stained) from the water leaking out. The other two are 4 and 6 years old so I'm just going to start new. I noticed that they changed the liner material in them too.

That has to be my problem. 1 time I stuck an empty in there and it started leaking bad the next day. Completely fine before the empty was put in.

At this years LA show they told me that it was $15 to replace the liner and they would give out a loaner cooler while mine was being reworked.

Stainless
02-26-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm a broken record, but don't stuff them full, no empties, no bottle caps, and one that rarely gets mentioned is sharp ice(rare in Havasu bc it's melting in the ice display :D ).

CH3NO2

Bobby V
02-26-2014, 11:49 AM
That has to be my problem. 1 time I stuck an empty in there and it started leaking bad the next day. Completely fine before the empty was put in.

At this years LA show they told me that it was $15 to replace the liner and they would give out a loaner cooler while mine was being reworked.

Thats what happened to me. I was at the jacuzzi in Mammoth and put empties in my new cooler and it started leaking right away. Took it back and got a brand new one. Been using this type cooler for over 20 years with maybe 1 other leaking cooler.

throttle
02-26-2014, 02:19 PM
I hate abusing my stuff. I have to say its been a difficult task for the past couple months... I was a lucky recipient of a test model with the new liner material, I have done things to it that I would never do to my coolers... No review needed other than I have not experienced and problems with it.

pvhca1
02-26-2014, 03:29 PM
I've got 4 AO's, two leaked and I determined it was from the caps on beer bottles. Sent them to AO and they replaced the liners FREE, I paid shipping. Great Customer Service and IMO they warrantied something they didn't need to.

HB Vic
02-26-2014, 03:30 PM
I've got 4 AO's, two leaked and I determined it was from the caps on beer bottles. Sent them to AO and they replaced the liners FREE, I paid shipping. Great Customer Service and IMO they warrantied something they didn't need to.

We put caps and empties in ours all the time, not good I know. But better there than in the boat :D

pvhca1
02-26-2014, 03:32 PM
We put caps and empties in ours all the time, not good I know. But better there than in the boat :D

True True!!

niceguyeddie
02-26-2014, 03:56 PM

Loaner cooler? Shit that would be nice. lol.

If you mail it to them with a check for 8 bucks, they'll replace the liner and mail it back. If you bought it within a year (they use the honor system) no check is needed, but you're still out the shipping.

Boschma
03-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I have two carbon 24 packs and they are great! Like its been said, they don't blow open, less likely to cause damage to things and don't take up near the space when empty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Patyacht
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I've got 4 AO Coolers. I think I got my 1st one back in 03. That's the one that leaked and Brian fixed it no questions asked. Now for putting glass bottles and caps in a soft sided cooler .... that's just asking for a leak and I don't think AO should fix that damage for free. Besides glass and boating don't mix.

Stainless
03-02-2014, 08:34 AM
I have two carbon 24 packs and they are great! Like its been said, they don't blow open, less likely to cause damage to things and don't take up near the space when empty

I like the Carbon Fiber, plus they are easy to keep clean.
You making the family vaca to Parker this year?

CH3NO2

Boschma
03-02-2014, 08:50 AM
You making the family vaca to Parker this year?

CH3NO2
Ya, we'll be staying in the Keys this time. Hoping to start to do multiple trips a year once the boys are older.