PDA

View Full Version : Where did my volume go? iPhone question.

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I have volume for everything but videos. There's not even an option for volume control. It's like my phone knows its missing. Where did it go? Screen shot attached:

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 06:16 PM
And I've turned it on and off a few times.

B&D Marine
02-24-2014, 06:23 PM
With videos I use the volume buttons on the side of the phone

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 06:38 PM
With videos I use the volume buttons on the side of the phone

I do as well but there is no volume at all. Reading stuff that says my phone thinks it is docked or something. Has volume with headphones.

thatguy
02-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Did you try rebooting instead of just turning it off?

That has happened to Debs IPhone a couple times.

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Did you try rebooting instead of just turning it off?

That has happened to Debs IPhone a couple times.

Is that when I do the "screen shot" action only hold it longer? If so, yes. If no, then how do you reboot?

kachina26
02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Is that when I do the "screen shot" action only hold it longer? If so, yes. If no, then how do you reboot?

PM sent

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 07:36 PM
PM sent

Got it. Was on the road today and my response requires so many words that a keyboard is necessary. :D

kachina26
02-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Got it. Was on the road today and my response requires so many words that a keyboard is necessary. :D

In that case, try cleaning out the headphone jack with some canned air.

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 07:49 PM
In that case, try cleaning out the headphone jack with some canned air.

Canned air? I get my air for free thank you. I even drink water from the tap. People will buy anything these days!

Yes I tried that. Next step is to see if throwing it at a wall helps.

HB Vic
02-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Canned air? I get my air for free thank you. I even drink water from the tap. People will buy anything these days!

Yes I tried that. Next step is to see if throwing it at a wall helps.

I don't recommend the wall thing. Just pop it in the microwave for 2 seconds, that should fix it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatguy
02-24-2014, 07:57 PM

Yeah.

Do you have iTunes on your computer?

Last resort, as far as I know, plug it in, restore, check for and install updates, re-synch.

Beyond that I got nothin. Trip to the phone store.

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Yeah.

Do you have iTunes on your computer?

Last resort, as far as I know, plug it in, restore, check for and install updates, re-synch.

Beyond that I got nothin. Trip to the phone store.

Yeah. To the store I go tomorrow. Have some corporate stuff installed where a restore is not feasible.

Stainless
02-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah. To the store I go tomorrow. Have some corporate stuff installed where a restore is not feasible.

Let me know how the Apple store works, ie; do you purchase a block of time for tech support? Never been to one but I have a couple of things in my accounts that I can't fix.

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

ChumpChange
02-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Let me know how the Apple store works, ie; do you purchase a block of time for tech support? Never been to one but I have a couple of things in my accounts that I can't fix.

They're gonna charge me for fixing their crap? Didn't see that coming!

Stainless
02-24-2014, 09:36 PM
They're gonna charge me for fixing their crap? Didn't see that coming!

Not sure, that's why I'm asking? I have heard they charge for tech, not sure what circumstances constitute it.

Paul65K
02-25-2014, 02:58 AM
They're gonna charge me for fixing their crap? Didn't see that coming!I don't think they will charge you for help at the Genius bar. You will need an appointment though.......simply go online and make one at the store you plan to visit......if you don't have an appointment it's tough to get someone to help.

With an appointment they will do their best to help fix your issue and probably will (based on my experience) or at a minimum determine that you have a hardware issue. If it is in warranty they will probably just replace it on the spot.....if out of warranty they will make you a very good deal......the Apple store rocks if you ask me....good luck!

Napanutt
02-25-2014, 03:04 AM
Is a Bluetooth device still on?

Paul65K
02-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Is a Bluetooth device still on?That's a good question......you may have it......good one!!

thatguy
02-25-2014, 04:27 AM

Boom!

It would have to be in range though.

Here is a fun pastime
When in best buy or similar, do a scan of available Bluetooth stereos.
Connect and crank up Ozzy or iron maiden. They go nuts trying to figure out who's doing it.
When they shut one down, connect to the next.
It's good fun! I browsed the tool department At Sears one day. Next to the stereo dept. drove the salespeople nuts for a full 10 minutes.

Paul65K
02-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Boom!

It would have to be in range though.

Here is a fun pastime
When in best buy or similar, do a scan of available Bluetooth stereos.
Connect and crank up Ozzy or iron maiden. They go nuts trying to figure out who's doing it.
When they shut one down, connect to the next.
It's good fun! I browsed the tool department At Sears one day. Next to the stereo dept. drove the salespeople nuts for a full 10 minutes.
That's just evil............................Me likey :thumb:

ChumpChange
02-25-2014, 11:50 AM

Nope. Checked all the easy stuff. Switched all that stuff off. Should just be a cleaning issue from what I have read.

28eliminator
02-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Have you tried the assistive touch feature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stainless
02-25-2014, 01:21 PM

Siri? :D

CH3NO2

ChumpChange
02-25-2014, 01:26 PM

Yes. Nothing.

thatguy
02-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Well..."I guess the fu**ing thing is broken"!

(In my best Joe Pesci voice)

ChumpChange
02-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Well..."I guess the fu**ing thing is broken"!

(In my best Joe Pesci voice)

At the store now. Will find out for sure at my 2:10 appointment.

ChumpChange
02-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Nothing fixed. Reset the phone settings and it didn't do anything. Cleaned the port and nothing. No pins bent. Trying to sell me a new phone at this point........

HB Vic
02-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Nothing fixed. Reset the phone settings and it didn't do anything. Cleaned the port and nothing. No pins bent. Trying to sell me a new phone at this point........

Here's what you do. Ask for the store manager. When he or she comes out you tell them you're running late for a movie set and you don't have time to deal with this. You tell them you're playing the role of a slightly younger and slightly heavier Bruce Willis in a new action movie called "Die hard Apple iPhone, Part 32" and if they don't give you a new phone you'll switch to a Samsung Galaxy S III :D

GRADS
02-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Please buy a new iPhone. I need my Apple stock to go up so I can add to the boat fund. ;)