PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Havasu

She's Mine
02-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Off to Havasu! Yeah Booiiiii!!

HB Vic
02-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Someone's gotta do it. Have fun, be safe, and send pics so the rest of us working fools can see the fun we're missing :D

Wendi
02-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Have fun you're lucky!!

Unforgiven
02-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Call Dustin with the updates....He wants me to use the SC lower...

Paul65K
02-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Should be a great week.....slight chance of rain on Friday but other than that looks like mid 80's all week.....welcome :thumb:

She's Mine
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
On the 40, be there in no time!

Stainless
02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
On the 40, be there in no time!

Hope she runs well for you. ;)

CH3NO2

GRADS
02-24-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm assuming you're taking the boat?

She's Mine
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm assuming you're taking the boat?

Yep, first time out since Menace Marine fixed everything. Taking her back to storage but will run her tomorrow. :-)

She's Mine
02-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Hope she runs well for you. ;)

CH3NO2

Thank you! I know she will!

She's Mine
02-25-2014, 11:30 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/6uharu2a.jpg

Finally on the water!

NRI
02-25-2014, 12:08 PM

Finally on the water!

Nice!!! :thumbup:

Unforgiven
02-25-2014, 01:27 PM

Finally on the water!

WELL.....How fast did she run?

Rock_Bottom
02-25-2014, 01:30 PM

Finally on the water!

Nice! More pics! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menace Marine
02-25-2014, 01:32 PM
WELL.....How fast did she run?

So fast that he couldn't post. The Internet wouldn't keep up.

hbchgirl
02-25-2014, 01:54 PM
so fast that he couldn't post. The internet wouldn't keep up.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lol 👍

314joey
02-25-2014, 01:57 PM
More pics.

Unforgiven
02-25-2014, 02:46 PM
so fast that he couldn't post. The internet wouldn't keep up.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

is our favorite tuner with him today?

She's Mine
02-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Boat ran F'ing perfect today! Gorgeous weather and lake was a sheet of glass. It kept the numbers down but I'm still happy! Boat cruises at 58mph at 3000rpms, then 87mph at 4300 rpms, fastest we got today was 107 at 5500 rpms. I need a bit of rough water to get more. Dustin is the MAN!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/2upuhu8y.jpg

She's Mine
02-25-2014, 03:32 PM
I do have to say this drive does have a completely different feel and at first it was a little un-nerving, but once I figured it out all was good!

Unforgiven
02-25-2014, 04:46 PM
I do have to say this drive does have a completely different feel and at first it was a little un-nerving, but once I figured it out all was good!

so your happy with the scx lower..what prop did you end up with?

WMC
02-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Great news. You're happy. See you at DS

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Menace Marine
02-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Mike I'm glad it ran good. We still have more setup work but at least you are boating.

She's Mine
02-26-2014, 11:53 AM
so your happy with the scx lower..what prop did you end up with?

I love the idea that I only have to change the oil every 10 hours and not gears every 50 hours.

So what are you going to do? Are you going to goo with the SC or SCX? If you want reliability and top end isn't super important then go with the SCX. If you're looking for top end go with the SCX -4. It really all depends on what you want to do. If you want to boat and have a great time and not worry about your shit breaking I say go with the SCX, yes you'll lose 10-15mph. At 100 my boat with solid, crazy solid, and I know I can still get more out of her but my whole goal was to cruise faster at a lower rpm and that is what I'm doing. I'm cruising 10 miles an hour slower than my last motor's top speed but I'm only at 4400 rpms rather than being on the rev limiter. The spacer Dustin put in didn't help at all so he will be removing that next time we're in Havasu.

Unforgiven
02-26-2014, 12:11 PM
I love the idea that I only have to change the oil every 10 hours and not gears every 50 hours.

So what are you going to do? Are you going to goo with the SC or SCX? If you want reliability and top end isn't super important then go with the SCX. If you're looking for top end go with the SCX -4. It really all depends on what you want to do. If you want to boat and have a great time and not worry about your shit breaking I say go with the SCX, yes you'll lose 10-15mph. At 100 my boat with solid, crazy solid, and I know I can still get more out of her but my whole goal was to cruise faster at a lower rpm and that is what I'm doing. I'm cruising 10 miles an hour slower than my last motor's top speed but I'm only at 4400 rpms rather than being on the rev limiter. The spacer Dustin put in didn't help at all so he will be removing that next time we're in Havasu.

We're going to go with the SCX..Dustin talked me out of selling my SC lower in case we want to make some fast passes (shootout) It doesn't take that much to swap out a lower. I got to say it's not difficult to change out a lower unless your someone like....HOTBOAT...
Glad your happy with it!So what was the weird things it did to your boat handling wise?

WMC
02-26-2014, 12:49 PM
We're going to go with the SCX..Dustin talked me out of selling my SC lower in case we want to make some fast passes (shootout) It doesn't take that much to swap out a lower. I got to say it's not difficult to change out a lower unless your someone like....HOTBOAT...
Glad your happy with it!So what was the weird things it did to your boat handling wise?

Hotboat has 2 drives that he swaps out every 20hr or something like that

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

HB Vic
02-26-2014, 01:49 PM

It's "you're" :smilies_mit_hut009:

Unforgiven
02-26-2014, 01:54 PM

I knew you were good for something...Mr Spellcheck

HB Vic
02-26-2014, 02:02 PM
I knew you were good for something...Mr Spellcheck

Yeah, I managed to graduate :D

Unforgiven
02-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I managed to graduate :D

Grade school??..I didn't think they had College or Universities back then....

admin2
02-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Technically it's (it is) "You are" which is expressed as You're with the apostrophe designating the elimination of the "A".......just to be completely correct, not to mention that this is the easiest way to remember which word (your vs. you're) in a sentence.

Unless of course you are referring to days past or days of yore ...............let's keep it straight folks :D

Unforgiven
02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Technically it's (it is) "You are" which is expressed as You're with the apostrophe designating the elimination of the "A".......just to be completely correct, not to mention that this is the easiest way to remember which word (your vs. you're) in a sentence.

Unless of course you are referring to days past or days of yore ...............let's keep it straight folks :D

First we have Mr Spellchecker HOTBOAT, now we have "proper english use" Admin2...do you even own a boat or some college kid working a side job for Vic?

admin2
02-26-2014, 03:48 PM
First we have Mr Spellchecker HOTBOAT, now we have "proper english use" Admin2...do you even own a boat or some college kid working a side job for Vic?
Spell Checker is 2 words............and yes I DO have a boat.....and BTW it's NOT a Jet Bote :D

Unforgiven
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Spell Checker is 2 words............and yes I DO have a boat.....and BTW it's NOT a Jet Bote :D

That's where you are incorrect...I gave him a name of Mr SpellChecker..not referring to him as a Spell Checker..and your paddleboat is not considered a BOTE.....

admin2
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM
That's where you are incorrect...I gave him a name of Mr SpellChecker..not referring to him as a Spell Checker..and your paddleboat is not considered a BOTE..... Oh sure......make stuff up to try and trick me......now I know what I'm dealing with.......BTW based on your logic it should be Mr. Spellchecker then not Mr. SpellChecker....unless of course you have (you've) trademarked the alternate spelling :D

She's Mine
02-26-2014, 09:40 PM

Well, the first speed pass I was soft on the throttle and eased into her. At 84mph I started to get my familiar "happy hop" but this time the hop was more dramatic and lasted until 95mph when I backed out of her. We were also running on sheet glass. So the next run when I got to 80mph I didn't ease into her, I powered on the sticks and she came alive! She accelerated like a bat out of hell. Ran a little less trim up to 80 then more trim as she accelerated thru. It was a rush but also a very smooth ride.

So what I would say is this, the SCX exaggerates every handling characteristic your boat currently has with the SC drive.

mrs.daytona
02-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Well, the first speed pass I was soft on the throttle and eased into her. At 84mph I started to get my familiar "happy hop" but this time the hop was more dramatic and lasted until 95mph when I backed out of her. We were also running on sheet glass. So the next run when I got to 80mph I didn't ease into her, I powered on the sticks and she came alive! She accelerated like a bat out of hell. Ran a little less trim up to 80 then more trim as she accelerated thru. It was a rush but also a very smooth ride.

So what I would say is this, the SCX exaggerates every handling characteristic your boat currently has with the SC drive.

What the heck is this? An excerpt out of Fifty Shades of Grey? ;)

She's Mine
02-26-2014, 09:53 PM

LOL, that is hilarious... :leghump:

niceguyeddie
02-26-2014, 11:03 PM
How's the weather holding up? I'm headed out Friday and hoping it doesn't rain.

Stainless
02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
LOL, that is hilarious... :leghump:

I think Grads uses Mrs D's screename for shock value sometimes, no matter, that was hilarious! :D

CH3NO2

28eliminator
02-27-2014, 06:37 AM

When he got the part about " powering on the sticks, and she came alive", I admit, I got a little chubber :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eli
02-27-2014, 06:39 AM
When he got the part about " powering on the sticks, and she came alive", I admit, I got a little chubber :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been reading the book at the gym and it's not that graphic :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
02-27-2014, 08:29 AM
I think Grads uses Mrs D's screename for shock value sometimes, no matter, that was hilarious! :D

CH3NO2

No he doesn't. He is his own person and so am I.

mrs.daytona
02-27-2014, 08:31 AM
I've been reading the book at the gym and it's not that graphic :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

I've read all three, you haven't gotten to the good parts yet ;)

Eli
02-27-2014, 08:32 AM
I've read all three, you haven't gotten to the good parts yet ;)

Admittedly, I can only read so much at a time. I get angry and wanna encourage her to burn her bra and grow a set!

Sent from my Bat Cave

admin2
02-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Admittedly, I can only read so much at a time. I get angry and wanna encourage her to burn her bra and grow a set!

Sent from my Bat Cave

And in the end she does in her own way......no doesn't she????

Eli
02-27-2014, 09:05 AM
And in the end she does in her own way......no doesn't she????

If you're referring to Ana...I'm not sure. I'm not at the end.

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
02-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

I use the term "good" loosely, but She's Mine has EL James down ;)

bb88
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM

Fifty Shades of Grey? Really? Where did this thread go wrong?

RVR SWPR
02-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks,Awesome boat.:thumbsUp:

28eliminator
02-27-2014, 10:21 AM

Fifty Shades of Grey? Really? Where did this thread go wrong?

It's winter..

Sent from somewhere on the water

Stainless
02-27-2014, 10:41 AM
No he doesn't. He is his own person and so am I.

Apologies Mrs D :)

CH3NO2

Unforgiven
02-27-2014, 11:53 AM

That great it's working out for you..we never had issues with happy hop cause I would just power thru to 100.. I would ease up to 70 then hit it from there..damm thing shot like a rocket..handled great..so hopefully it will still be the same with the SCX...

mrs.daytona
02-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Apologies Mrs D :)

CH3NO2

No worries. I just don't want him getting credit for my posts, especially when they are funny ;)

Stainless
02-27-2014, 05:39 PM
No worries. I just don't want him getting credit for my posts, especially when they are funny ;)

:D
Yes, that's why I made the comment in the first place...it was so funny and timely!
Even the OP laughed. :D

CH3NO2

She's Mine
02-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Thanks,Awesome boat.:thumbsUp:

No problem. I am glad I will be able to get out on the water this year. That way I will be able to post pics and boating content.

She's Mine
03-01-2014, 01:30 PM
I use the term "good" loosely, but She's Mine has EL James down ;)

This is awesome! I have the women thinking of sex and I wasn't even trying. Could you imagine if I put a little effort into it? Lmao...