PDA

View Full Version : Vegas connection?

28eliminator
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Going to Vegas in March for a concert. We haven't been there for at least 13 years, and it appears it hasn't gotten any cheaper..lol. Any pros/cons on different places?

The concert is at Mandalay Bay, but having a tough time coming to terms with $260 a night..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GRADS
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm no help....last time we were there was for Mrs. Daytona's 21st b-day (5 years ago ;) ) and the Luxor was brand new.

HB Vic
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Personally I don't like staying at Mandalay or even The Hotel if you pm me I'll tell you why LOL. Love Wynn, Wynn Tower Suites, Palazzo, Venetian, and Caesars. Never stayed at the Cosmo or Aria or Trump. The Rio used to be a nice place to stay, now its just old. I don't really like PH either, its in need of a overhaul imo. The others are all kind of the same imo. Its coming in to the season, so rates will only be going up. The same room I pay $150/night for at Caesars most of the time cost me $750 last Sat night. Holiday my ass LOL. And traffic was horrible. Everytime we stay on a weekend I remember why I like Vegas during the week so much more :D

Eli
02-18-2014, 09:54 PM
I really like The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, so I hope it's not some gross reason Hotboat doesn't like it. :D

The Avia is nice too. The rooms were nice, but the hotel was sleepy.

PH definitely needs an overhaul.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
02-18-2014, 10:00 PM
I really like The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, so I hope it's not some gross reason Hotboat doesn't like it. :D

The Avia is nice too. The rooms were nice, but the hotel was sleepy.

PH definitely needs an overhaul.

Sent from my Bat Cave

It wasn't gross once you were in the room, it was a little weird getting to your room :D

Eli
02-18-2014, 10:01 PM
It wasn't gross once you were in the room, it was a little weird getting to your room :D

Shoot were you there April 2012?

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 06:31 AM
What about the Luxor?

Eli
02-19-2014, 06:34 AM
What about the Luxor?

It's a dump! Don't do it! PH is better than that and has hot chicks everywhere :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
02-19-2014, 06:41 AM
What about the Luxor?

Which weekend specifically? These are the rates I'm finding on aaa.com for March.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
02-19-2014, 07:14 AM
What about the Luxor?

Yeah don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChumpChange
02-19-2014, 07:50 AM
We generally stay at the Mirage. Center strip so we can walk anywhere. Last time we stayed at NYNY as I get hooked up and they had just done the remodel......still not impressed. Should be heading back next month for the anniversary.

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Ok, so no Luxor... Lol. WTF is PH?

I'm not very good at the "acronym game"

Sent from somewhere on the water

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Which weekend specifically? These are the rates I'm finding on aaa.com for March.

Sent from my Bat Cave

21st through the 23rd... That's through AAA?

HB Vic
02-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Ok, so no Luxor... Lol. WTF is PH?

I'm not very good at the "acronym game"

Planet Hollywood

ChumpChange
02-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Don't do Hard Rock unless you're tatted up and wear a flat billed hat. Bro Central!

Eli
02-19-2014, 08:38 AM
21st through the 23rd... That's through AAA?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/yqyqe4ah.jpg

Rates are definitely higher that weekend. Yes the rates are AAA rates.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wizard 29
02-19-2014, 12:18 PM
If you are willing to stay at a hilton, I can hook you up. Look at the hilton alara, it's the second tower of planet Hollywood.

Eli
02-19-2014, 12:19 PM
If you are willing to stay at a hilton, I can hook you up. Look at the hilton alara, it's the second tower of planet Hollywood.

My cousin stayed there a few weeks ago and said it was nice.

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
02-19-2014, 12:21 PM
So what is wrong with the Luxor? We stayed there 20 years ago and at the time it was the nicest hotel I had ever been to.

Wizard 29
02-19-2014, 12:23 PM
20 years of wear and tear with no major remodel or upgrades.

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM

Sounds great... But I was just checking it out, and it says they're booked for that weekend :(

HB Vic
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Not LVH, right?

Wizard 29
02-19-2014, 01:17 PM
LVH is no longer, they sold it.

Wizard 29
02-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Sounds great... But I was just checking it out, and it says they're booked for that weekend :(

I can do any hilton or Hilton brand property. Check out any of the grand vacation property's, they are all nice.

Eli
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM
So what is wrong with the Luxor? We stayed there 20 years ago and at the time it was the nicest hotel I had ever been to.

Let's just say they haven't change a single thing in 20 years.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM
LVH is no longer, they sold it.

It was a mess 3 years ago when I stayed there.

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 01:30 PM
I can do any hilton or Hilton brand property. Check out any of the grand vacation property's, they are all nice.

Are you a travel agent?

Wizard 29
02-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Are you a travel agent?

No, just a traveling sales rep with the corporate code for GE.

And I cover Vegas, so I've stayed in just about every hilton.

Hye power
02-19-2014, 02:41 PM

Just stayed at the alara during Super Bowl very nice but if the op is not wanting to pay 260 a night our suite was way north of that price.

McRib
02-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Other then the concert. Is it a holiday of some sort that weekend? Even the shit hotels are twice what they should be. I just searched Expedia and was surprised to see their prices. I'm Def not into the flashy hotels. I just want a bed on the strip. There all cleaned the same and linens are the same unless you are in the penthouse. We usually stay at the imperial palace which is now the quad. Beds are comfortable and so are the pillows. It's center strip which is where I like to be. I don't think I've ever paid more then 125 a night in vegas. I can't spend 500 a night on a bed or room I'm not gonna be in much. Idk. I'm just broke and simple. Does you London Bridge time share u mentioned before offer any savings at affiliates in vegas?

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 08:02 PM
Other then the concert. Is it a holiday of some sort that weekend? Even the shit hotels are twice what they should be. I just searched Expedia and was surprised to see their prices. I'm Def not into the flashy hotels. I just want a bed on the strip. There all cleaned the same and linens are the same unless you are in the penthouse. We usually stay at the imperial palace which is now the quad. Beds are comfortable and so are the pillows. It's center strip which is where I like to be. I don't think I've ever paid more then 125 a night in vegas. I can't spend 500 a night on a bed or room I'm not gonna be in much. Idk. I'm just broke and simple. Does you London Bridge time share u mentioned before offer any savings at affiliates in vegas?

Yeah I gave up... Found a room at MGM grand for $222 per night. Just booked it. I don't know WTF is going on that weekend, but now I remember why I haven't been to Vegas in a long time.. Lol. Fuckin expensive, and I'm a real cheap ass...

Singleton
02-19-2014, 08:21 PM
In March you have 3 college basketball tourneys then March madness and college spring break.

Eli
02-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah I gave up... Found a room at MGM grand for $222 per night. Just booked it. I don't know WTF is going on that weekend, but now I remember why I haven't been to Vegas in a long time.. Lol. Fuckin expensive, and I'm a real cheap ass...

Is it March Madness? Also, it's spring break. Party!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
02-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Is it March Madness? Also, it's spring break. Party!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ohhhhhh... Suddenly I'm not so irritated :)

Wendi
02-19-2014, 09:34 PM

Don't drink any of the cups in the rooms, the maids clean them with glass cleaner and wipe them with dirty towels. Bring water bottles.

HB Vic
02-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Don't drink any of the cups in the rooms, the maids clean them with glass cleaner and wipe them with dirty towels. Bring water bottles.

That's disgusting

Wendi
02-19-2014, 09:39 PM
That's disgusting

It's true
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObnO8vy7Q_k

Eli
02-19-2014, 09:42 PM

There's always a bright side ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
02-19-2014, 09:57 PM
It's true
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObnO8vy7Q_k

That's so disgusting!!