PDA

View Full Version : Ranch Dressing Recipe?

Stainless
02-18-2014, 11:03 AM
At some restaurants they serve a Ranch Dressing that is much thinner and quite tasty compared to say Hidden Valley. Is this a brand or do some restaurants just make there own? If so, does anyone have a recipe?

CH3NO2

Wendi
02-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I agree but they make their own! I wish I had the recipe. However if you make the packet of hidden valley ranch it is far better than the bottle version.

2manymustangs
02-18-2014, 01:24 PM
I wish I knew too, my family likes ranch... But im more of a balsalmic vinegar/oil/salt/pepper guy... :thumbsUp:

I agree but they make their own! I wish I had the recipe. However if you make the packet of hidden valley ranch it is far better than the bottle version.

Wwww Wwwwwwww WwwwwwwwwwEndI, come on with the grill pics already. Weez hungry...

Eli
02-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I wish I knew too, my family likes ranch... But im more of a balsalmic vinegar/oil/salt/pepper guy... :thumbsUp:

Wwww Wwwwwwww WwwwwwwwwwEndI, come on with the grill pics already. Weez hungry...

Have you heard of We Olive? They have some amazing balsamic vinegars.

Www.weolivecom

My favorite are the blackberry and the peach.

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
02-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Have you heard of We Olive? They have some amazing balsamic vinegars.

Www.weolivecom

My favorite are the blackberry and the peach.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I havent, hook me up at Needles... :)

mrs.daytona
02-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Use the Hidden Valley Ranch packet and substitute 1/2 of the mayonnaise with sour cream. That was a trick I was taught growing up :)

2manymustangs
02-19-2014, 07:01 AM
Use the Hidden Valley Ranch packet and substitute 1/2 of the mayonnaise with sour cream. That was a trick I was taught growing up :)

Thats a good idea, sour cream would totally change it up... ALSO the brand/type of "mayo" would change the flava... Dukes has a totally different flavor than Hellmanas and both are WAY different than Miracle WHip...

Wendi
02-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Thats a good idea, sour cream would totally change it up... ALSO the brand/type of "mayo" would change the flava... Dukes has a totally different flavor than Hellmanas and both are WAY different than Miracle WHip...

Helmand = best food correct?? Miracle whip gross!

2manymustangs
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Helmand = best food correct?? Miracle whip gross!

U caught me WWWwwwwEEEnnnDII :) typo...

In general, real mayo is a pretty healthy food... But the tastes can be quite different, from brand to brand...

A picture is worth 1000 words

Stainless
02-20-2014, 08:06 AM

I think that's it, the restaurant variety has a hint of sour cream.

CH3NO2

FormulaZR
02-20-2014, 08:46 AM
One restaurant near me uses the Ben E Keith ranch packet with mayo and some sour cream. Not sure if Ben E Keith is a distributor where you are...

Wendi
02-20-2014, 11:24 AM
I think that's it, the restaurant variety has a hint of sour cream.

CH3NO2 Use the Knudsen greek yogurt sour cream it is delish!

Stainless
02-25-2014, 10:16 AM
One restaurant near me uses the Ben E Keith ranch packet with mayo and some sour cream. Not sure if Ben E Keith is a distributor where you are...

Use the Knudsen greek yogurt sour cream it is delish!

Thank you both! :)

CH3NO2