PDA

View Full Version : Proper use of a Fire Truck

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 07:50 PM
I live near an In N Out Burger. I've noticed that the Fire Dept. drives their big ass truck there daily to get food. It doesn't fit in the parking lot so they park it on the street and put cones around it.

The other day I was at Vons. A few of the fire guys were at the meat counter picking up a shit load of New York steaks (must be nice). I head out to my car and notice that they drove the big ass truck there too.

So I'm curious... Why the hell does the fire dept need to drive that big ass truck everywhere? Isn't it a waste of tax payer money? I don't even drive my F250 to the store, I'll take my car because it's easier to park and costs less to drive. Then again I use common sense and don't enjoy pissing money away.

Can anyone explain why this is necessary? Someone please provide me with a logical explanation. I've seriously thought of writing a letter to the dept and the city but figured I'd ask around before doing so. I'm not trying to get all political but fuck... I have to write a pretty big fucking check to the IRS this year and for what?... For the government to piss it away on pointless shit!?

ChumpChange
02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
In case they get a call while on their lunch run. Would take too much time to drive their lifted red trucks Fords back to the station to get into the fire truck.

Hye power
02-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Guessing in case there is a fire they don't have to drive back to the fire house to get the truck.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 07:57 PM
It's not like the entire dept goes to the store. Just one or two guys. You mean to tell me that when there's an emergency, every person on duty has to go on the call?

ChumpChange
02-17-2014, 07:59 PM
It's not like the entire dept goes to the store. Just one or two guys. You mean to tell me that when there's an emergency, every person on duty has to go on the call?

They all want to do something. Generally one guy stays back to finish whatever level of Call of Duty they're on. :D

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 08:02 PM
They all want to do something. Generally one guy stays back to finish whatever level of Call of Duty they're on. :D

Haha! Yea these guys already get paid to nap, play video games and wash their trucks. I guess I'm just tired of seeing our hard earned money (taxes) go to waste on pointless shit.

gn7
02-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Yeah, that's the reason:gas:

Like the WHOLE engine company is on that truck when they were at the Vons. :hmmm: Along with all their fire gear. :signhuh:

When it comes to money, it would be cheaper to have the stuff brought to the station special delivery buy a courier.

I like to think they need to drive the truck so that they are at least cleaning a truck that needs it, and not one they just cleaned yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. :wink2:

The guy across the street from me has had 2 heart attacks in the past 2 years. Both time 4 engines showed up from 2 stations along with the paramedics truck. REALLY???

RULE #1, you want MORE money next year, you better spend every fucking dime we give and then some this year!!!

SAVING money is the farthest thing from the freek'n minds

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that's the reason:gas:

Like the WHOLE engine company is on that truck when they were at the Vons. :hmmm: Along with all their fire gear. :signhuh:

When it comes to money, it would be cheaper to have the stuff brought to the station special delivery buy a courier.

I like to think they need to drive the truck so that they are at least cleaning a truck that needs it, and not one they just cleaned yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. :wink2:

The guy across the street from me has had 2 heart attacks in the past 2 years. Both time 4 engines showed up from 2 stations along with the paramedics truck. REALLY???

RULE #1, you want MORE money next year, you better spend every fucking dime we give and then some this year!!!

SAVING money is the farthest thing from the freek'n minds

Funny you mention the neighbor. I have the same story on my street. Both times 3 trucks showed up. It's not even a fire call! These guys and gals are overpaid, have large pensions, healthcare and get to retire early for very minimal work. It's bullshit! Then to top it off they proudly waste our money.

Yep. They have to spend what's in the budget. They never have money left over and if they ever have to cut something, their salaries and pensions are the last to get discussed.

I agree with a courier. The stations have volunteers right? Give the aspiring fire fighter the bitch work and let him do in in a small pick up truck or a car.

I read somewhere that the average pay in CA for these guys is $118k. That's way too much! If the government can tell the private sector what we can pay our employees, we should be able to determine their pay. After all, at least we're the ones paying it.

stoker22405
02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Because they are HERO'S.....Duuuhhhh....!

GRADS
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Their moustaches will not fit in a standard size truck.

JBS
02-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Great thread :rolleyes

And some people think RE agents are overpaid. Go figure

Eli
02-17-2014, 09:01 PM
My house caught on fire when I was 10 and they saved us! They can do what ever the fuck they want. I have no problems with my tax dollars keeping them fed, safe and happy! :)

When you start running into burning buildings to rescue people and pets, let's have this conversation again. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Jefftowz
02-17-2014, 09:13 PM
My house caught on fire when I was 10 and they saved us! They can do what ever the fuck they want. I have no problems with my tax dollars keeping them fed, safe and happy! :)

When you start running into burning buildings to rescue people and pets, let's have this conversation again. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

I can't believe we don't have any Fire Fighters on the board...... They do what they do because none of are willing to what they do.... They are the ones running into the burning building when the regular folks like us are running out crying like babies! I understand a Fire engine isn't the most economical ride to the market but it's just the way it is.....

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Great thread :rolleyes

And some people think RE agents are overpaid. Go figure

RE agents get paid an agreed commission by the seller of the property they're selling. If the seller didn't feel that a real estate wasn't worth the coin. They could shop around for a discount broker or sell their property themselves and pay no commission. Private money exchanging the hands of private people. Government on the other hand decides what they want to compensate a public servant and then they stick the tax payer with the bill. This is never discussed with the tax payer. They just steal money from the tax payer than give it to who they want.

As a RE agent (or any other business owner or private sector employee), you must prove your worth, constantly improve and/or upgrade your product/ service, fight to earn people's business, and rise above your competition by doing a better job than the next guy. In government you just show up and get a check. You have none of those responsibilities.

Nice try though. :rolleyes

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:27 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

How often are there fires? I'm trying to use logic here. Not personal experiences and emotion. That's what is wrong with the system now.

If you wanted to get into a battle about them earning their pay because they're brave.... then please tell me why we pay our Military dog shit.

Get Some
02-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Let's have a education lesson .
Firefighter work 24 hours a day. If they need to get food they go as a crew. In SoCal it is rarely 1 to 2 guys more like 3 to 4 in a crew. If you look at their waste band the usually have a radio. They are on call for any emergency that come s in there district. There is no city in Southern California that pays for the guys food it comes out of their own pocket.

Every emergency has a different response level requiring a different number of personnel. Every city decides on what that number is. A full arrest takes a lot of man power to make sure compressions , ventilations , intubation , and drugs are administered . Hard to write on a boating forum of everything that goes on. Just be happy you live where you have a very high quality fire department.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:29 PM
I can't believe we don't have any Fire Fighters on the board...... They do what they do because none of are willing to what they do.... They are the ones running into the burning building when the regular folks like us are running out crying like babies! I understand a Fire engine isn't the most economical ride to the market but it's just the way it is.....

"It's just the way it is"? You've got to be kidding me. If more people thought like you women still wouldn't be allowed to vote and blacks wouldn't be able to own property.

Like you said, it's not economical so lets change it.

Eli
02-17-2014, 09:34 PM
How often are there fires? I'm trying to use logic here. Not personal experiences and emotion. That's what is wrong with the system now.

If you wanted to get into a battle about them earning their pay because they're brave.... then please tell me why we pay our Military dog shit.

I agree we need to increase the military pay too. If they got a pay increase...I wouldn't complain about that either.

It's not about how often there is a fire...it's about your loved one being stuck on the other side of a blazing inferno while we wait for the firemen to drive back from the grocery store with the economical car to get the fire truck. As logic will have it, a fire burns very quickly, it's life or death...sometimes within seconds.

I understand your point that it's not economical; however, economics isn't the only thing we should think about. You'd be surprised how much money people are willing to rightfully throw away to save one person's life.

Sent from my Bat Cave

JBS
02-17-2014, 09:36 PM
RE agents get paid an agreed commission by the seller of the property they're selling. If the seller didn't feel that a real estate wasn't worth the coin. They could shop around for a discount broker or sell their property themselves and pay no commission. Private money exchanging the hands of private people. Government on the other hand decides what they want to compensate a public servant and then they stick the tax payer with the bill. This is never discussed with the tax payer. They just steal money from the tax payer than give it to who they want.

As a RE agent (or any other business owner or private sector employee), you must prove your worth, constantly improve and/or upgrade your product/ service, fight to earn people's business, and rise above your competition by doing a better job than the next guy. In government you just show up and get a check. You have none of those responsibilities.

Lol. Ok.

Sent from my iPhone

gn7
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Some of you have been hitting the sauce pretty hard. You can't CHANGE ANYTHING, until the PUBLIC WAKES UP!!! You ask a fireman at the store why, and you get the song and dance. Don't let a free thinking 5 year old hear the excuse. he will see right thru the bullshit, and know its the same shit as the because I am the mommie that's why".

You cannot justify a brand new million dollar truck, when the one have has 65 miles on it, and responded to 2 fires in 10 years.
Have another big gulp!
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/118/f/f/drink_the_kool_adi_by_noahjbrooks-d3f4vr1.jpg

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:43 PM
I agree we need to increase the military pay too. If they got a pay increase...I wouldn't complain about that either.

It's not about how often there is a fire...it's about your loved one being stuck on the other side of a blazing inferno while we wait for the firemen to drive back from the grocery store with the economical car to get the fire truck. As logic will have it, a fire burns very quickly, it's life or death...sometimes within seconds.

I understand your point that it's not economical; however, economics isn't the only thing we should think about. You'd be surprised how much money people are willing to rightfully throw away to save one person's life.

Sent from my Bat Cave

While I agree the military gets paid dog shit, I'd push for ending the Military Industrial Complex so that we wouldn't have the issue of underpaid soldiers in the first place. Not push to spend more money on never ending wars that we already can't afford.

Ok police officers face more danger than fire fighters on a regular basis? Should they be getting raises too?

I understand fire fighters do strenuous work. Just think of a forest fire. That's fucking intense. But then again, so is being a carpenter everyday. When you see a private company doing road work just know that these guys sweating their asses off all day get paid less than the Cal-Trans guy you see standing around babysitting people picking up trash. If the government workers got paid what they actually deserved, our state wouldn't be bankrupt.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Some of you have been hitting the sauce pretty hard. You can CHANGE ANYTHING, until the PUBLIC WAKES UP!!!

Have another big gulp!
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/118/f/f/drink_the_kool_adi_by_noahjbrooks-d3f4vr1.jpg

Finally. Someone around here that gets it.

When these people go to pull their social security in the next few decades and realize it's not there anymore and also see that taxes on everything in this country went up, maybe then they'll wake up.

Get Some
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM

Remind me never too use you..

Cigalert
02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
A RE agent? You couldn't come up with a better comparison?

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Remind me never too use you..

I'm not sure what you think I do for a living. It seems you're all wrong though.

Eli
02-17-2014, 09:54 PM
While I agree the military gets paid dog shit, I'd push for ending the Military Industrial Complex so that we wouldn't have the issue of underpaid soldiers in the first place. Not push to spend more money on never ending wars that we already can't afford.

Ok police officers face more danger than fire fighters on a regular basis? Should they be getting raises too?

I understand fire fighters do strenuous work. Just think of a forest fire. That's fucking intense. But then again, so is being a carpenter everyday. When you see a private company doing road work just know that these guys sweating their asses off all day get paid less than the Cal-Trans guy you see standing around babysitting people picking up trash. If the government workers got paid what they actually deserved, our state wouldn't be bankrupt.

While intelligible, your argument is bootstrapped. If you'd like to discuss firefighters driving their truck to the grocery store, great. But, dragging in examples of other professions, only delineates numerous complex problems. My political, social and economic discussions on a board are limited to I LOVE FIREFIGHTERS! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 09:58 PM
While intelligible, your argument is bootstrapped. If you'd like to discuss firefighters driving their truck to the grocery store, great. But, dragging in examples of other professions, only delineates numerous complex problems. My political, social and economic discussions on a board are limited to I LOVE FIREFIGHTERS! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

I wanted to be a fire fighter when I was a kid. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't (not knocking it). My complaint is that there is obvious waste in the department (like many departments of government) and I'd like to see less. Much less.

BTW I'm not here to challenge the worth of professions. JBS started that discussion by making a comment about what a private sector person makes.

Get Some
02-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Where's the fuckin political section??

Eli
02-17-2014, 10:00 PM
I wanted to be a fire fighter when I was a kid. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't (not knocking it). My complaint is that there is obvious waste in the department (like many departments of government) and I'd like to see less. Much less.

I'd like to see much less on a firefighter too!

Sent from my Bat Cave

gn7
02-17-2014, 10:04 PM
I LOVE FIREFIGHTERS! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

This discussion isn't about fetishes, or fantasies, its about the proper use tax payer owned vehicle. If we aren't allowed to drag politics in to the thread, please try to keep your personal urges to yourself.:happy:

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 10:04 PM
I'd like to see much less on a firefighter too!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Haha

Yea less on this one.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/18/utu7ahus.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 10:07 PM
This discussion isn't about fetishes, or fantasies, its about the proper use tax payer owned vehicle. If we aren't allowed to drag politics in to the thread, please try to keep your personal urges to yourself.:happy:

It amazes me how many people don't see how bad the waste is.

Eli
02-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Haha

Yea less on this one.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/18/utu7ahus.jpg

There you go!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
02-17-2014, 10:09 PM

;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

LuauLounge
02-17-2014, 10:13 PM
They are "on" all of the time they are on shifts. I see them at Costco often, sometimes they sprint out of the store and race out, sirens and lights.
I don't have an issue paying them, I do have an issue with paying a whole bunch of other folks in civil service. Fortunately, I'm old and I will have much more contact with fire/rescue in the future than the other folks.

GRADS
02-17-2014, 10:18 PM
No politics please. I will lock down the thread and start banning people.

djunkie
02-17-2014, 10:18 PM
We had a bad fire in our garage once. Fire department was there very quick and kept it from taking our house. They're underpaid IMO.

gn7
02-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Buy them EACH one of these EVERY YEAR, and save the taxpayer millions

You want to save the taxpayers some REAL money, call them a freak'n taxi for ONE of them when they need gorceries, and have the cab wait with the meter running while he shops. If there is a fire, take the cab to the fire, and tip the driver an extra hundy.

http://www.picsauto.com/images/toyota-prius-01.jpg

Tishimself
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Because when shit like this happens, they are they guys you want to see. And yes, that is me climbing up the side of the engine to shut it down, and Wayne, my conductor, holding the bottom of the ladder for me. The engine would not take a shutoff command from the emergency fuel cutoff, so I had to climb up and kill it the hard way. If they want to drive the truck to run for food, let them. I love those guys, they have saved my bacon more times than I can remember, here is a link to one I had while I was running freight.....they are the best of us, and by the way, they pay for their own food, if they want New Yorks, they get them. BTW, the conductor on my AM train two days a week, as well as in the picture above, was an NYC firefighter during the 9/11 attacks. We talked one day about bodies falling out of the sky...

http://www.ppw-aline.com/cajon_wreck.htm

HB Vic
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Where's the fuckin political section??

Its over at rd's place, we don't have one here :D

HB Vic
02-17-2014, 10:36 PM
So lets not talk politics, shall we :D

He's a little story for you. My banker (VP at some business bank) invites me to dinner last week like poste haste. Hmmmmm.....why is he calling a dinner 911 during the week? So I oblige, I get to call the restaurant so sure as hell I am.

We're both a little seasoned, so neither of us brings up business. It was like a challenge to see who could go the longest. We had 3 cocktails and a great dinner. We talk about everything under the sun, except business.

So its getting late and I start to think, shit, he's not going to talk business at all. How the hell did I pull this off? Maybe he's just being a nice guy?? So I let my guard down and we keep talking. About 10-15min later he drops the bomb. SO....lets talk business.

That fucker got me. He's good, he's real good :D

gn7
02-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Because when shit like this happens, they are they guys you want to see. And yes, that is me climbing up the side of the engine to shut it down, and Wayne, my conductor, holding the bottom of the ladder for me. The engine would not take a shutoff command from the emergency fuel cutoff, so I had to climb up and kill it the hard way. If they want to drive the truck to run for food, let them. I love those guys, they have saved my bacon more times than I can remember, here is a link to one I had while I was running freight.....they are the best of us, and by the way, they pay for their own food, if they want New Yorks, they get them. BTW, the conductor on my AM train two days a week, as well as in the picture above, was an NYC firefighter during the 9/11 attacks. We talked one day about bodies falling out of the sky...

Do I need to tell you about global warming, green house gases, the energy shortage, and you have these guys driving the WORST polluting, EXEMPTED vehicles on earth. there is no such thing as a GREEN fire truck, and I am not talking about its color!!! Earth movers digging strip mines burn cleaner!!!

I can't speak for you, or anybody else, but I didn't pay that pile of shit for them to go grocery shopping in. Maybe they should consider hitting the Vons on their way to work. Do YOU leave work, take a company vehicle and go grocery shopping on you bosses time with his vehicle?

Tishimself
02-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Do I need to tell you about global warming, green house gases, the energy shortage, and you have these guys driving the WORST polluting, EXEMPTED vehicles on earth. there is no such thing as a GREEN fire truck, and I am not talking about its color!!! Earth movers digging strip mines burn cleaner!!!

I can't speak for you, or anybody else, but I didn't pay that pile of shit for them to go grocery shopping in. Maybe they should consider hitting the Vons on their way to work. Do YOU leave work, take a company vehicle and go grocery shopping on you bosses time with his vehicle?

LOL...your worried about a fire truck? Here's the deal. It's their truck for the shift. They can do as they please with it, within reason. Shopping included. They are on duty, they take the truck everywhere they go...as far as exhaust.....come on......seriously?? :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPvv04VZ-I

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Agreed.

GRADS
02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
They've responded to our house on more than one occasion, I'm not saying anything bad about them. Those guys earn their money which by the way isn't that much.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 10:59 PM
LOL...your worried about a fire truck? Here's the deal. It's their truck for the shift. They can do as they please with it, within reason. Shopping included. They are on duty, they take the truck everywhere they go...as far as exhaust.....come on......seriously?? :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPvv04VZ-I

No! It's not their truck. It belongs to the tax payers. Just like if you worked for Verizon, you are issued a work truck. You are to use it for work only. It doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Verizon.

Now if the owner of Verizon wants to let his employes use their service trucks to run personal errands or do side work, that's up to Verizon. The fire department doesn't own the trucks. If you have forgotten, the fire dept. belongs to the tax payer.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 11:09 PM
Btw I want to be very clear on something here. I have nothing personal against firefighters. I just don't like the waste. The fire department is only one of many of departments that need to cut the fat. I'm thankful they are there and I appreciate their service to the community. I just would like to see the tax payer better well spent on the tax payer, not for the firefighter to drive around a cool truck just because.

Tishimself
02-17-2014, 11:13 PM
No! It's not their truck. It belongs to the tax payers. Just like if you worked for Verizon, you are issued a work truck. You are to use it for work only. It doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Verizon.

Now if the owner of Verizon wants to let his employes use their service trucks to run personal errands or do side work, that's up to Verizon. The fire department doesn't own the trucks. If you have forgotten, the fire dept. belongs to the tax payer.

OK, this is getting too funny. Here's the deal. These guys are assigned to the vehicle for the entire shift. It goes with them wherever they go. Shopping, driving around town to do whatever. Get over it. Amtrak has company vehicles also. We use them all the time to run to breakfast, lunch or dinner. If we are out in the field doing a busbridge, should we run back to Merced to get our personal vehicle to make a burrito run? Ummm. No. We take the car and head over to whatever is closest and grab something. They do also. Get over it dude. As we used to say in the Navy, RHIP. Rank Has It's Privileges. Comes with the territory.

gn7
02-17-2014, 11:26 PM

You know, there is some street banger from Chicago in the WH right now that has the same fucking excuse about using TWO United States Air Force jets to get his family to Hawaii for vacation. Its OLD, and it BULLSHIT and SOME of us can see thru the bullshit!!! At every level of government. Its smaller offenses and mis-uses, but its still MIS-USES!!!
As for the exhaust, no I not serious, but you sure seemed to chugging down the kool aid they are serving up.

I use to go on what you call "on shift" every week day of my life for 38 years, and never ONCE went grocery shopping in a company vehicle during working hours. Do they take the freek'n kids to the ball game "on duty" too? In the company vehicle? Maybe take the little women out to dinner and a romantic drive on the beach???

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Does Amtrak give you a fire truck worth more than the average persons house? No.

Rank has it's privileges? Haha.. What "rank"? A fire fighter is a PUBLIC SERVANT.

Yea keep that attitude. Just wait til all the business keep leaving CA due to high taxation, there's no one to tax to pay for all your special treatment and pension plans.

Other government workers in some areas of the county are sitting around shit broke without a job because the state cant pay salaries. And then there's also all the people not receiving their pensions they were promised and worked so hard for. Why, because their local government pissed all the money away and they can't sustain themselves or keep promises they made.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 11:38 PM
You know, there is some street banger from Chicago in the WH right now that has the same fucking excuse about using TWO United States Air Force jets to get his family to Hawaii for vacation. Its OLD, and it BULLSHIT and SOME of us can see thru the bullshit!!! At every level of government. Its smaller offenses and mis-uses, but its still MIS-USES!!!
As for the exhaust, no I not serious, but you sure seemed to chugging down the kool aid they are serving up.

I use to go on what you call "on shift" every week day of my life for 38 years, and never ONCE went grocery shopping in a company vehicle during working hours. Do they take the freek'n kids to the ball game "on duty" too? In the company vehicle? Maybe take the little women out to dinner and a romantic drive on the beach???

There's also the entitlement crap that people buy into. Everyone thinks they're special these days and deserve the best. That's all society teaches now: "Fuck everyone else, do you"

gn7
02-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Does Amtrak give you a fire truck worth more than the average persons house? No.

Rank has it's privileges? Haha.. What "rank"? A fire fighter is a PUBLIC SERVANT.

I don't give a rats ass if Amtrak gives him a Bently to drive. I can CHOOSE not to ride the POS rail because I don't agree with their business practices. HOWEVER, if they are being SUBSIDZIED with tax payer money, have them drive used Plymouth Duster with slant sixes.

I have no choice but to pay for the fuel and wear and tear on the truck so they go joy ride in it and fulfill their childhood fantasy.
I know that Vic doesn't care to hear about what was. I don't get it, but that's the way he sees life. Lets just look forward, maybe to 1933 Germany errr uhh, 2033 Amerika.

kool aid gulpers today see them as "higher ups" the privledged. Give me a break. They are the HIRED HELP. No different than your plumber or your gardner!!! You just throw you gardner you wallet and tell him to take what ever he feels he is worth. Does he have the keys to your car, your house?
They are EMPLOYEES of the tax payer, and STEWARDS of our tax dollars. They are SUPPOSE to make do with want they receive, not burn it and DEMAND MORE!!

Tishimself
02-17-2014, 11:43 PM
LOL...good night to you both...I gotta be up and out in the AM....but it is what it is guys. They "own" the truck from the moment they clock in till the moment they clock out. Nothing you can do to change that. So stop whining about it. There are cop cars in driveways around my neighborhood, I could care less. We need to be talking about jet botes and how it is they are still around after the recession. They should be banned from the waterways...they suck up the poor fish and spit them out like ......sushi....Hmmmmm....:wink2:

GRADS
02-17-2014, 11:44 PM
If this gets political I will lock it down.

Tishimself
02-17-2014, 11:46 PM
If this gets political I will lock it down.

Go to bed GRADS or Ill get admin2 to come in here and jerk a knot in you..... :D

WESTERNAERO
02-17-2014, 11:48 PM
LOL...good night to you both...I gotta be up and out in the AM....but it is what it is guys. They "own" the truck from the moment they clock in till the moment they clock out. Nothing you can do to change that. So stop whining about it. There are cop cars in driveways around my neighborhood, I could care less. We need to be talking about jet botes and how it is they are still around after the recession. They should be banned from the waterways...they suck up the poor fish and spit them out like ......sushi....Hmmmmm....:wink2:
What's your opinion on the 2nd amendment?

Hye power
02-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Got this off the Costa Mesa fire departments website.

Q: Why do I see the fire engine at the grocery store everyday, and who pays for their food?
A: The firefighters pay for their own food each day. If time permits and they are not busy running calls, you may see them shopping at a grocery store that is within their first-in area--the area in the city that each individual engine or truck is responsible for providing service. Firefighters do not get lunch breaks, or time off during the day, so many times you will see them leave the store while shopping to respond to an emergency call.

GRADS
02-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Go to bed GRADS or Ill get admin2 to come in here and jerk a knot in you..... :D

Oops, I thought I was logged in Admin2 when I posted that.

GRADS
02-17-2014, 11:51 PM

Q: Why do I see the fire engine at the grocery store everyday, and who pays for their food?
A: The firefighters pay for their own food each day. If time permits and they are not busy running calls, you may see them shopping at a grocery store that is within their first-in area--the area in the city that each individual engine or truck is responsible for providing service. Firefighters do not get lunch breaks, or time off during the day, so many times you will see them leave the store while shopping to respond to an emergency call.

And there you have it. Nice avatar by the way. :thumbup:

GRADS
02-17-2014, 11:52 PM

And there you have it. Nice avatar by the way. :thumbup:

gn7
02-17-2014, 11:54 PM

I think most people KNEW they pay their own food. Thank god their are still no free lunches in city employment yet.
This isn't about who buy the damn food, it WHEN AND HOW they buy it compared to you and I.
I don't think Tish is allowed to that the train to the store. I hope.
Airline pilots don't take the plane to go shopping.
I will admit to taking a company truck to go shopping, ON MY WAY HOME AFTER I AM OFF WORK!!!!!

I didn't buy that truck for those elitist to go grocery shopping. Its goddamn fire truck bought for and intended to be used to respond to FIRES!!!!
Not grocery shopping, or 6 trucks responding with the paramedics when granny calls and says shes fallen down can't get up.

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 11:58 PM

Still not acceptable. They have volunteers and interns that can do this for free in less expensive vehicles that don't take up 12 parking spaces or when at In N Out, half the street. What's that thing get in mpg? 1mpg?

Hye power
02-18-2014, 12:00 AM
I think most people KNEW they pay their own food. Thank god their are still no free lunches in city employment yet.
This isn't about who buy the damn food, it WHEN AND HOW they buy it compared to you and I.
I don't think Tish is allowed to that the train to the store. I hope.
Airline pilots don't take the plane to go shopping.
I will admit to taking a company truck to go shopping, ON MY WAY HOME AFTER I AM OFF WORK!!!!!

I didn't buy that truck for those elitist to go grocery shopping. Its goddamn fire truck bought for and intended to be used to respond to FIRES!!!!
Not grocery shopping, or 6 trucks responding with the paramedics when granny calls and says shes fallen down can't get up.

I thought it explains why they do it cause they are on call. I don't know about you but if I have to go to the grocery store I don't jump in my 40 foot motor home and take it to the store I take my car. I'm pretty sure if the guys could jump in there Honda accord and go grab food they would prefer that as well. Having to drive that truck every where would suck in my opinion.

Hye power
02-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Still not acceptable. They have volunteers and interns that can do this for free in less expensive vehicles that don't take up 12 parking spaces or when at In N Out, half the street. What's that thing get in mpg? 1mpg?

I looked at more fire department websites and that question is posted on every single one guess they get a lot of the same complaints. They all pretty much have the same answer except a few said they use those trips to the grocery store as training for the newer firefighters to get acquainted with driving and maneuvering the truck so during an emergency they will be ready to go.

SnoC653
02-18-2014, 12:07 AM

So they leave the fire truck at the station, go to the store in their POVs to shop for the station's food supplies. A couple of them go together so they can get everything they need. A fire breaks out somewhere, lets say your house. The firemen at the station get the call, they are two men short though. Do they wait for the men to return from the store and then leave? Leave without them and put their lives at risk by being short needed personnel, or do you expect the men at the store to drive back to the station to get their gear, then drive over to the fire in their POV, or should we just hire extra people so a couple can be gone on a break during a 24 hour shift?

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:09 AM
I looked at more fire department websites and that question is posted on every single one guess they get a lot of the same complaints. They all pretty much have the same answer except a few said they use those trips to the grocery store as training for the newer firefighters to get acquainted with driving and maneuvering the truck so during an emergency they will be ready to go.

Interesting stuff. You'd think they would teach you how to drive a fire truck in the fire academy.

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:10 AM
So they leave the fire truck at the station, go to the store in their POVs to shop for the station's food supplies. A couple of them go together so they can get everything they need. A fire breaks out somewhere, lets say your house. The firemen at the station get the call, they are two men short though. Do they wait for the men to return from the store and then leave? Leave without them and put their lives at risk by being short needed personnel, or do you expect the men at the store to drive back to the station to get their gear, then drive over to the fire in their POV, or should we just hire extra people so a couple can be gone on a break during a 24 hour shift?

I already answered that question. Why can't volunteers do it? The police have volunteers to help direct traffic at car wrecks.

hallett21
02-18-2014, 12:15 AM
How can you compare firefighting to a trade or 9-5 job? Part of your taxes that pay the salaries for firemen go towards guaranteeing you that you will have a BLS/ALS unit in a given time (read that as minutes). It's different county to county city to city. So let's say fireman are at the store and they get a call for a burning building, victim having a heart attack, traffic accident with multiple victims etc. They are required to drop whatever they are doing and respond and be there in the timeframe required by the county/city whatever.

When was the last time a carpenter/tradesman/accountant etc was asked the same? That is drop everything they are doing to rush to someone's aid. Granted that is the job description so firemen knew that before they showed up to work. But to compare that line of work to other 8 hour jobs isn't quite fair. Why would you want the service you pay for to even think of risking you the taxpayers response time/ quality of care for a few gallons of fuel?

I can guarantee when you're in a serious emergency you don't think twice about calling them for help. And I can bet you want them at scene ASAP and you don't want them to waste a second getting to you.

As far as getting paid to wash their truck, I can't believe your mad that the guys with the 300k+ truck are taking pride in the vehicle and taking care of it. So while they are not responding to calls they are taking care of their vehicle.... Seems like a fair deal.

WESTERNAERO
02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Have over lapping shifts. Last hour of a shift go shopping to replace food eaten from the station. Now there's no issue of personal shopping in the event of an emergency, not fire truck wasting fuel to do it and a full crew ready and waiting to save granny.

gn7
02-18-2014, 12:17 AM
WHY FLOCK does ANYBODY need to go grocery shopping while on duty?? That's the REAL question???
You go buy you freek'n food like everybody else on you way on your own time, when the flock ever. When I am paying your ass to be IN THE STATION supposedly on call, then that means IN THE STATION ON CALL!!!!!

Have the F'ing police deliver their food between donut breaks.

They GET AWAY with the shit because the TOO MANY of the people are gullible kool aid drinkers, and/or abusing the system just as bad if not worse.

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Have over lapping shifts. Last hour of a shift go shopping to replace food eaten from the station. Now there's no issue of personal shopping in the event of an emergency, not fire truck wasting fuel to do it and a full crew ready and waiting to save granny.

Good idea. But I don't think they should be on the clock while running personal errands. Do you have any idea how many retired people are out there that have nothing to do all day? Some of them would love to pick stuff up for these guys and get to hang around the station.

How can you compare firefighting to a trade or 9-5 job? Part of your taxes that pay the salaries for firemen go towards guaranteeing you that you will have a BLS/ALS unit in a given time (read that as minutes). It's different county to county city to city. So let's say fireman are at the store and they get a call for a burning building, victim having a heart attack, traffic accident with multiple victims etc. They are required to drop whatever they are doing and respond and be there in the timeframe required by the county/city whatever.

When was the last time a carpenter/tradesman/accountant etc was asked the same? That is drop everything they are doing to rush to someone's aid. Granted that is the job description so firemen knew that before they showed up to work. But to compare that line of work to other 8 hour jobs isn't quite fair. Why would you want the service you pay for to even think of risking you the taxpayers response time/ quality of care for a few gallons of fuel?

I can guarantee when you're in a serious emergency you don't think twice about calling them for help. And I can bet you want them at scene ASAP and you don't want them to waste a second getting to you.

As far as getting paid to wash their truck, I can't believe your mad that the guys with the 300k+ truck are taking pride in the vehicle and taking care of it. So while they are not responding to calls they are taking care of their vehicle.... Seems like a fair deal.

Using fear to gain support. Sure, that's what our politicians do. The old "what if?". Well what if we found a better solution to save tax payer money. once again, why not use volunteers and interns to run errands and wash the truck?

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:28 AM
WHY FLOCK does ANYBODY need to go grocery shopping while on duty?? That's the REAL question???
You go buy you freek'n food like everybody else on you way on your own time, when the flock ever. When I am paying your ass to be IN THE STATION supposedly on call, then that means IN THE STATION ON CALL!!!!!

Have the F'ing police deliver their food between donut breaks.

They GET AWAY with the shit because the TOO MANY of the people are gullible kool aid drinkers, and/or abusing the system just as bad if not worse.

Yep. You know you're going to be at WORK for X amount of days. So prepare. Bring what you need to get through your 3 day shift with you. Groceries last longer than 3 days ya know.

hallett21
02-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Good idea.

Using fear to gain support. Sure, that's what our politicians do. The old "what if?". Well what if we found a better solution to save tax payer money. once again, why not use volunteers and interns to run errands and wash the truck?

Not trying to instill fear in anyone. That's pretty much the reality of it. Most people say fireman are just hanging out buying groceries and waxing their trucks because that's what they see. They also see that same crew driving down the road lights and sirens not really knowing what they are up. Could be going over to a call for an old lady who's fallen could also be going to a cardiac arrest. You can't pick and choose what accidents are going to happen when and where. To look at a fire stations annual call # and divide that across 365 days is still unfair. The day they ran 2 calls they were equally prepared as the day they ran 20 and responded to them with the same efforts.

As far as cleaning the units with volunteers sure why not. But blaming the fireman isn't helping anything. They show up do their job and do it well. I don't see any private company vehicles getting detailed and checked on by their employees. You wanna blame someone blame the city officials or the state official. I can guarantee a fireman will take care of their unit whether it's 2 days old or 5 years old.

GRADS
02-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Is performanceboats.com closed down tonight?

WESTERNAERO
02-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Good idea. But I don't think they should be on the clock while running personal errands. Do you have any idea how many retired people are out there that have nothing to do all day? Some of them would love to pick stuff up for these guys and get to hang around the

I think you're assuming they pay for their groceries out of their own pocket. I've heard that bs before too. If that's the case why is it one guy cooks for the whole station and they have meals family style. They eat on your dime.

gn7
02-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Yep. You know you're going to be at WORK for X amount of days. So prepare. Bring what you need to get through your 3 day shift with you. Groceries last longer than 3 days ya know.

IF, and that is a HUGE if, that was all it was, it would be fine. But its more like
Monday: Shopping
Tuesday: take truck to be fueled
Weds: Take truck to auto parts store to get oil, wax, anti freeze and washer fluid
Thurs: take truck to city counsel meeting to demand more money for the station operation.
Fri: Take truck to weekly lunch out:

Anybody remember GM and Chyrsler execs getting reemed for flying CORPORATE jets to D.C. to ask for a bailout. Congressmen and Senators ripping private business for wasting money. If I had been one of the execs, they would have arrested me for inflicting severe bodily harm to as many as I could before the wrestled my fighting ass to the ground. Who the fuck are they to open their mouths about waste and abuse of a private company. Because they were their for a bailout. WE BAILOUT EVERYSINGLE GOVERNMENT FROM THE BOTTOM UP EVERYSINGLE DAY DUE TO THEIR WASTE.

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Not trying to instill fear in anyone. That's pretty much the reality of it. Most people say fireman are just hanging out buying groceries and waxing their trucks because that's what they see. They also see that same crew driving down the road lights and sirens not really knowing what they are up. Could be going over to a call for an old lady who's fallen could also be going to a cardiac arrest. You can't pick and choose what accidents are going to happen when and where. To look at a fire stations annual call # and divide that across 365 days is still unfair. The day they ran 2 calls they were equally prepared as the day they ran 20 and responded to them with the same efforts.

As far as cleaning the units with volunteers sure why not. But blaming the fireman isn't helping anything. They show up do their job and do it well. I don't see any private company vehicles getting detailed and checked on by their employees. You wanna blame someone blame the city officials or the state official. I can guarantee a fireman will take care of their unit whether it's 2 days old or 5 years old.

If it's the reality of it, then keep the fire fighters ready and prepped at the station. Not at El Pollo Loco or Target.

I know two people with company cars. They are sales reps for the same company and are required to wash their car once a week and turn the car in when maintenance is required.

This is a situation that throws tax payer money away. So rather than just throw your hands in the air and say "ah fuck it. It is what it is", come up with a solution. If the FD was ran like a business it just let things be. It would find the fat each year and cut it while improving efficiency. Government doesn't do that it. They don't have to make tough decisions or loose sleep at night over their job. They get into a corner and go ask for more money.

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:45 AM
I think you're assuming they pay for their groceries out of their own pocket. I've heard that bs before too. If that's the case why is it one guy cooks for the whole station and they have meals family style. They eat on your dime.

I heard that's BS too! It wouldn't surprise me. ..Oh wait, they have rank. :blah:

gn7
02-18-2014, 12:47 AM
EDDIE, you what the REAL REASON?

BECAUSE THEY CAN!!
like I said, its no different than Mommie says Because!
They treat taxpayers like the dipshit brain children that 99% are. They DESERVE abused if for no other reason than just being that stupid and gullible when they say "because"

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:51 AM
IF, and that is a HUGE if, that was all it was, it would be fine. But its more like
Monday: Shopping
Tuesday: take truck to be fueled
Weds: Take truck to auto parts store to get oil, wax, anti freeze and washer fluid
Thurs: take truck to city counsel meeting to demand more money for the station operation.
Fri: Take truck to weekly lunch out:

Anybody remember GM and Chyrsler execs getting reemed for flying CORPORATE jets to D.C. to ask for a bailout. Congressmen and Senators ripping private business for wasting money. If I had been one of the execs, they would have arrested me for inflicting severe bodily harm to as many as I could before the wrestled my fighting ass to the ground. Who the fuck are they to open their mouths about waste and abuse of a private company. Because they were their for a bailout. WE BAILOUT EVERYSINGLE GOVERNMENT FROM THE BOTTOM UP EVERYSINGLE DAY DUE TO THEIR WASTE.

Yep. The problem with this country is that you can't get enough people pissed off about what BS is going on.

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 12:53 AM
EDDIE, you what the REAL REASON?

BECAUSE THEY CAN!!
like I said, its no different than Mommie says Because!
They treat taxpayers like the dipshit brain children that 99% are. They DESERVE abused if for no other reason than just being that stupid and gullible when they say "because"

Well think about this. Most people in this country are in debt to their eyeballs and borrow and buy everything on credit. How are those people going to call out the government for pissing away money. Most of them can't even balance a checkbook.

WESTERNAERO
02-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Why haven't you two brought up all the theft that goes with all county, state and city employees? I have friends that are cops, sanitation, firefighters, dwp, union pipe fitters, and so on. Every one of those picks always has some rubber gloves, trash bags, safety line, flashlights, etc. that they got from work on your dime. If one of my employees takes gloves, dust mask, toilet paper, soap, etc from my shop, they are fired! It's normal operation for public service employees to take anything they need. That shit really pisses my off.

hallett21
02-18-2014, 01:03 AM
If it's the reality of it, then keep the fire fighters ready and prepped at the station. Not at El Pollo Loco or Target.

I know two people with company cars. They are sales reps for the same company and are required to wash their car once a week and turn the car in when maintenance is required.

This is a situation that throws tax payer money away. So rather than just throw your hands in the air and say "ah fuck it. It is what it is", come up with a solution. If the FD was ran like a business it just let things be. It would find the fat each year and cut it while improving efficiency. Government doesn't do that it. They don't have to make tough decisions or loose sleep at night over their job. They get into a corner and go ask for more money.

I agree with improving efficiency in anything. But I doubt guys getting groceries is what's taking them over the edge financially and I think you'd agree. It seems to me it's more of a piss off to people than anything. I think it's a piss off though because most people associate grocery shopping being something you do on the way home off duty. Everyone forgets that if an emergency happens they leave the groceries and go. If you get called in by your boss and your at the grocery store your going to finish your shopping.
Also you can't assume they are coming from station to get groceries. They may be running a call then returning to station and on the way grabbing food.

niceguyeddie
02-18-2014, 01:16 AM
I agree with improving efficiency in anything. But I doubt guys getting groceries is what's taking them over the edge financially and I think you'd agree. It seems to me it's more of a piss off to people than anything. I think it's a piss off though because most people associate grocery shopping being something you do on the way home off duty. Everyone forgets that if an emergency happens they leave the groceries and go. If you get called in by your boss and your at the grocery store your going to finish your shopping.
Also you can't assume they are coming from station to get groceries. They may be running a call then returning to station and on the way grabbing food.

My customers are my boss. Therefore I'll leave depending on the severity of the situation. I do this all the time. I eat lunch at my desk most days because if I get a call, I want to be there ready to respond. Today was supposed to be a nice day off to work on my truck. Well I got a phone call at 8am telling me otherwise. I could've pushed it off to tomorrow, but that's not the way I do things. Work is work.

I started to carry a case of bottled water in my car at all times. I not only found this to save time by not having to stop somewhere when I get thirsty, it saves me about 15- 25 a week by not paying $2- 3 a bottle at a gas station. There's always small ways to save money and make life easier. The average joe does them, why not government?

So what if they make 3 attempts in one day to go to the store and get calls each time? They wasted all that time when one volunteer could've went or they could have went on their day off.... All the while the poor box boy at the store has to waste his time restocking three half full carts.

gn7
02-18-2014, 01:18 AM

Have another gulp of the kool aid.

hallett21
02-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Have another gulp of the kool aid.

Lol how can you argue that one way or the other? Your accusations seem to be made more on exaggerations and assumptions. I get that you don't like the fact the fire dept is going to the grocery store while on the clock. But as you did earlier, summing up their job as errand runners that do next to nothing isn't fair either.

I agree with Nice Guy Eddie if there is room for improvement make the change. But be realistic in the change. Having a fire crew drive around in a Prius is stupid. Having volunteers clean the unit or grab groceries is a simple yet effective fix. Attempting to cut expenses by cutting into the quality of care firemen provide is also not the answer. There's something called the golden hour and any medical professional will tell you that you don't wanna start screwing with that

Also the guys in the truck are there to do a job and do it well. 24/7 365. If you wanna put the blame on someone put it on the people who do the budgeting.

Not sure I'm 100% sold on the volunteer gig only because if there is time to detail the unit meaning it's at station why wouldn't the crew who's on the clock do it? And if truly all they need a volunteer to do is get groceries then you probably will have a short line of people for that job. You gota give the volunteer more worth than grocery bitch.

gn7
02-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Ask yourself this Hallett. If tomorrow there was a city rule that NO fire trucks were to be used for anything other than responding to fires, which do you think would occur first. They would all starve to death in the station, or they would all be on strike until they get their Tonka truck back.. Lets me honest here. Are they spoiled privileged whiners, or dedicated civil servants they are paid to be.

If the taxpayers put their foot down, and stopped drinking the kool aid they're passing out, what do you think their next move would be?

Hye power
02-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Ask yourself this Hallett. If tomorrow there was a city rule that NO fire trucks were to be used for anything other than responding to fires, which do you think would occur first. They would all starve to death in the station, or they would all be on strike until they get their Tonka truck back.. Lets me honest here. Are they spoiled privileged whiners, or dedicated civil servants they are paid to be.

Fireman are not allowed to strike.

GRADS
02-18-2014, 01:42 AM
If there are any firefighters on board I would just like you to know you guys do a great job. Whether its been a drug OD, a car though our house or a fire you have always been here promptly and I'm sorry if my call pulled you away from shopping.

gn7
02-18-2014, 01:43 AM
Fireman are not allowed to strike.

Take another HUGE swallow. Their union, its the god given right to strike, Know happens if you take that right away? Yep, they go on STRIKE

http://globalcitizenblog.com/wp-content/uploads/newgc/drink-the-kool-aid-300x250.jpg

Hye power
02-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Take another HUGE swallow. Their union, its the god given right to strike, Know happens if you take that right away? Yep, they go on STRIKE

http://globalcitizenblog.com/wp-content/uploads/newgc/drink-the-kool-aid-300x250.jpg

You are wrong when they get hired on they have to sign a contract that says they can not go on strike, most if not all unions where the employee work in an emergency type of job have to sign contract stating the same. What's with the drink kook aid thing?

Hye power
02-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Here is more on it.

"Some jurisdictions prohibit all strikes by public employees, under laws such as the "Taylor Law" in New York. Other jurisdictions impose strike bans only on certain categories of workers, particularly those regarded as critical to society: police and firefighters are among the groups commonly barred from striking in these jurisdictions. "

gn7
02-18-2014, 01:59 AM
Here is more on it.

"Some jurisdictions prohibit all strikes by public employees, under laws such as the "Taylor Law" in New York. Other jurisdictions impose strike bans only on certain categories of workers, particularly those regarded as critical to society: police and firefighters are among the groups commonly barred from striking in these jurisdictions. "

Punishable by law right. What 10 to 20 hard time?
I bet you bled for all those poor people that were sent home under the sequester and budget issues when they "shut down" the government. Hell, not a one got the paycheck until it was settled. Of course no ONE lost a dime over it. Just paid vacations in Hawaii while they worked it out.

Wake up Hallett, and take off the rose colored glasses. Where the hell do you think the term "blue flu" came from. Do you really believe they get paid the insane amount they do because they asked politely? Since you seem to be the genius authority on this. maybe you can explain WHY they or any government employee, at ANY government level needs to be unionized, and EXACTLY what it is this union does for them. You REALLY that naïve?

Universal Elements
02-18-2014, 02:16 AM
I have two neighbors that work for LAFD. They do very well. I believe they work 9 or 10 days a month, but these are 24 hour shifts. Some of the guys do day trades and they can be off for a while. The overtime is always available and they are eligible to retire at 48 or 50. One of them use to drive a LA Fire Crown Vic home, but haven't seen it in a while. This will really boil your blood:

http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20140124/lafd-plan-would-let-firefighters-draw-salary-pension-at-same-time

NGE

My son started working at that In N Out many years ago. You are right, there is no place to park a firetruck. To make you feel a little better, firemen do not receive a 70% discount off their orders (like cops do) from In N Out. :happy: Oh Yeah, my neighbor always gives me crap how if he worked in the private sector, he can earn double or triple of what he makes now. I always tell him, anytime he wants to trade his $125k+ plus all the benefits, just let me know. Many of them have full time businesses (also). I do have to say that many of my friends (who were firemen) and other firemen get injured on the job - often. Back injuries and lung problems are very common.

HB Vic
02-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Well this thread sure did stink up the place. Say bye bye