PDA

View Full Version : Lowe's and my dog

Cigalert
02-17-2014, 08:18 AM
First off, I can't stand Lowe's. I honestly can't stand any home improvement store since they moved the counters in front of the registers and started hiring semi-warm bodies stuffed in knowledge vest to fill the vast voids of pallet racks giving the perception of customer service. But Lowe's prices and item selection sucks crank.

Last week I needed a new set of air filters for the AC unit at home. The dog was locked up for about 2 hours and was amped when I got home so I took her to the store with me. I made sure to do her business before shoving off. While walking up to the front door of Lowe's in RSM she drops a monster duece just outside the front door by the BBQ's. I had to make my purchase, then politely took my plastic bag and double back to dispose of her hate.

Yesterday, while walking in Lowe's garden area of Havasu....same dog, same old crappy Lowe's....BOOM. Duece's wild. Luckily, I was packing a bag with me based on our previous experience but the patrons and employees were looking at me in disgust. Screw them, I would do the same thing if I had to crap at the time.

She's been in quite a few different stores with me. She can hold it just fine. She sees Lowe's and has to bLowe's. (<----I'm getting all wordsmithy in case anyone was worried I'm falling off my game).

On the bright side, I found out that Rice Rd makes the dog car sick.

HB Vic
02-17-2014, 08:29 AM
That's funny, the same thing happens to me whenever I have to go see my CPA :D

Stainless
02-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Now that's a shitty deal. :D

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

Eli
02-17-2014, 09:01 AM
That's some funny shit right there!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Napanutt
02-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Take her to Home Depot and see what happens. God I HATE that place. We have both where I live and I always drive a little farther to go to Lowes in stead of HD.

Slacker
02-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Really your dog craps by the front door and thats ok,,,come on. Flame on,,,,,,,,

Cigalert
02-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Really your dog craps by the front door and thats ok,,,come on. Flame on,,,,,,,,

She tried to write welcome and ran out of ink at the L

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

niceguyeddie
02-17-2014, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFWeoxrhbE8

thatguy
02-17-2014, 03:30 PM
So your the guy that brings his dog to where I'm trying to shop...and leaves the pile where I stepped over it.
Noted.

:thumb:

Cigalert
02-17-2014, 03:47 PM
So your the guy that brings his dog to where I'm trying to shop...and leaves the pile where I stepped over it.
Noted.

:thumb:

In both cases the dump was cleared from the premises but I may leave a little nugget next time just so you can't say I don't give a shit.

2manymustangs
02-17-2014, 05:12 PM
I don’t mind the dog in the store, and I don’t mind the dog shit as long as it gets cleaned up... But please don’t let your dog walk up and nuzzle my hand/leg/crotch/ass OR jump up on me...

Dogs like to bite me for some reason and my pet allergies are pretty severe... :dogrun:

76Bonneville
02-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I leave my dogs at home. It's a store for people, there's no reason to take a dog. Unless it's a service dog. Didn't there use to laws/rules about this.

Tishimself
02-18-2014, 09:03 AM
People do what they want in obama's new and improved society....we had some fucktard try to tell us his goat was a service animal a while back...before that, a miniature pony...and somewhere way back, a snake....sigh...get used to it. We are becoming an idioccracy.....

Ziggy
02-18-2014, 11:42 AM
For someone who dislikes Lowes it sure seems like you go there a lot:D
I don't mind dogs in public since I'm a dog lover so long as they are under some control or obedient and the owners are equally under control and obedient.:D
Hate the ankle biters that are always like a wind up toy bouncing off everthing...:o like mini tasmanian devils gnawing at your calfs and shins.:p

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Cigalert
02-18-2014, 03:29 PM
For someone who dislikes Lowes it sure seems like you go there a lot:D
I don't mind dogs in public since I'm a dog lover so long as they are under some control or obedient and the owners are equally under control and obedient.:D
Hate the ankle biters that are always like a wind up toy bouncing off everthing...:o like mini tasmanian devils gnawing at your calfs and shins.:p

My dog is 8 months old. I take her anywhere she's allowed to try to take q little bit of the puppy down a notch. I think she's hyper.... then I see the yapper/ankle biters.....my dog is like a leisure world resident in comparison. She's excellent at home but in public she's a little wound up. And I can't beat the shit out of her in public cause she's all out.

And tish.....you seem like a cat guy.

2manymustangs
02-18-2014, 04:00 PM
People do what they want in obama's new and improved society....we had some fucktard try to tell us his goat was a service animal a while back...before that, a miniature pony...and somewhere way back, a snake....sigh...get used to it. We are becoming an idioccracy.....

^^^ That is freaking funny... People and their pets, i will never get it...

Mind you I have had dogs my entire life, had two pet goats (for weed control), barn cats... I do like animals but I don't treat them like humans... In Korea they EAT dogs daily... Goat meat is very tastey, ask any of the middle eastern peeps, rattle snake meat tastes like chicken ;) Horse meat aint bad...

Eli
02-18-2014, 04:26 PM

I agree. Some kids have no boundaries :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

thatguy
02-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Ive had dogs my whole life and am definitely a pet lover, and an animal lover in general...except those damned skunks that come on the deck.

Here is the thing about dogs in public places as I see it.

I don't have a dog now because I travel over 50% of the time for work. Deb flys out to wherever I am a lot of times to see me.
It is totally unfair to a dog for us to do what we want and put the dog in boarding frequently.

So when i have another person transfer some of the, shall we say, difficulty of raising or caring for their dog unsolicited it bothers me to a degree.

I have friends and co-workers who spend a good deal of time and energy figuring out what to do with their "beloved" pet so they can come to work or visit or whatever.
To me, that isn't loving the dog, that is self serving.

I get that that is not the case with your dog, exactly, but bringing non service animals into a store is using that scenario, and all the people there, as a training tool for your dog.
If I was able to have a dog/ dogs in my life I would in a second.
Don't force me to deal with yours.

Picking dog crap up on an entrance to a store is not responsible ownership in my book.

We do have cats. They are employed to kill moles and rarely come in the house at all. No litter box anywhere. They do NOT crap anywhere near the house or yard.
When they do come in the house, they know EXACTLY what will get them thrown out instantly.

Jumping up on anything, going into a bedroom, etc. is things they WILL NOT do. They will not climb on a car to save their life.

No dog I have ever had is permitted on furniture...they had their own bed.

When my dogs went for a ride in the car, they knew it was to a lake or park...not a store.

I get what you are doing as far as socializing your pup. But dropping deuces on the sidewalk in front of Lowes may not be the best method?

I pride myself on being able to train dogs, and have straightened out so many rescues over the years I can't count them all.
It is funny to see some of my buddies dogs change in demeanor when they see me. They know right away that better straighten up!

Anyway, it's all good, not trying to argue.

thatguy
02-18-2014, 08:44 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Now that's funny! Good one Eli.

Ziggy
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave
LMAO.....yeah, there are those too:thumbsUp: :D