PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Wheel Dolly

78Southwind
02-16-2014, 04:49 PM
I thought this might be of some use to some here on the boards. Harbor Freight has a coupon for $59 for their Mechanical Wheel Dolly. These dollies make it really easy to maneuver your boat side to side or cut corners real easy.

We have a condo in a complex that the garages are 50' long but some of the garages don't have enough room in front of the garage to maneuver a boat out. So, though the garages will fit a boat in them it is all most impossible to get one in or out. However, one of my friends came up with the idea to uses two of these dollies with a wireless remote control winch to get his boat in and out of his garage. One of these days I will get some video of it because it's unbelievable how easy this system works for him. He puts his boat away and takes it out of his garage all by himself.

Well here's the coupon, hope it helps some of you.

HB Vic
02-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Thats pretty cool ��

Eli
02-16-2014, 08:48 PM
That's impressive maneuvering

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
02-16-2014, 09:04 PM
That could be the whole trailer for a jet boat.

WESTERNAERO
02-16-2014, 09:17 PM
That could be the whole trailer for a jet boat.

Hey fucktard, shut it.
Jerry, do you have a video of this in action? I'm curious, it may be something that would make my life easier.

GRADS
02-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Hey fucktard, shut it.

My feelings are hurt because you didn't add a :Dthe end of your comment.

WESTERNAERO
02-16-2014, 09:27 PM
My feelings are hurt because you didn't add a :Dthe end of your comment.

I thought I did. Well here's another one.:action-smiley-069:

78Southwind
02-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Hey fucktard, shut it.
Jerry, do you have a video of this in action? I'm curious, it may be something that would make my life easier.

Sorry Kevin no video. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

He parks his boat parallel to his garage. He then uses two of the dollies one on each side (can't remember if he uses it on the front or rear tandem wheel) to jack the trailer up so the trailer wheels are up off the ground. He is then able to turn the trailer perpendicular to the garage with ease. There is a slight hill into his garage so he uses the winch to pull the trailer in backwards. He has a little eye hook on the back of the trailer that he hooks the winch line to. He has a bracket of some type that he is able to hook the winch to.

Kind of funny...When we were looking to buy
Before we bought a condo in the complex we rented one of the ones that didn't have a lot of room in front of the garage and I was so pissed trying to get my 18 ft jet boat in the garage, I said I would never buy one of these condos. I passed on a really good deal and waited another year for a condo in the complex to come up that had more room in front of the condo. I meet my buddy a year later and though it was a brilliant idea.

78Southwind
02-16-2014, 09:54 PM
They also work great for that annoying neighbor that parks in front of your house.:happy:

http://youtu.be/i5evHL7jtTM

Jefftowz
02-17-2014, 09:02 AM
In the TowTruck world they are known as "Go Jacks". A great tools to maneuver cars around... Check out YouTube for video.