PDA

View Full Version : Grads, Napa

Stainless
02-09-2014, 09:19 PM
See on the news you guys got a ton of rain. :)

CH3NO2

GRADS
02-09-2014, 09:24 PM
See on the news you guys got a ton of rain. :)

An incredible amount! The inflow to Folsom Lake was averaging about 300-500 CFS (cubic feet per second). It is now averaging 30,000 CFS and the lake level is now rising at almost 1 foot per hour. :yikes:

Eli
02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
An incredible amount! The inflow to Folsom Lake was averaging about 300-500 CFS (cubic feet per second). It is now averaging 30,000 CFS and the lake level is now rising at almost 1 foot per hour. :yikes:

Are you serious? Wow!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tishimself
02-09-2014, 09:38 PM
My neighbor works for TID, the local electrical company down here....he said we need it to rain hard the rest of the month...if we get that, we would essentially be caught up. 80% is considered normal on the lakes....so we'll see....

Napanutt
02-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Been basically steady since Friday night. Just about right as far as enough water without it being really stormy. High wind with rain can be miserable.

GRADS
02-09-2014, 09:48 PM
For me it's kind of depressing. I know we need the water but I was enjoying seeing what the lake was giving up as the water level dropped. I found it fascinating to see what was underneath what I had been boating over for the better part of 35 years.

GRADS
02-10-2014, 12:38 PM
The lake went up 17' with this storm and is still going.

Stainless
02-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Bet the water is muddy brown filling up that fast?

CH3NO2

Ziggy
02-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Bet the water is muddy brown filling up that fast?

CH3NO2

Gonna fill up his gold mine with sludgy mud. :p

From my POS T-mobile thingie

2manymustangs
02-11-2014, 09:59 AM

well, you do have some cool souvenirs :)

hbchgirl
02-11-2014, 10:12 AM

Wow, that's crazy!

GRADS
02-11-2014, 10:29 AM
well, you do have some cool souvenirs :)
:shhh: By law you are supposed to leave everything at the lake. ;) It kind of sucks because there was one last area I wanted to pick through but I ran out of time.

Wow, that's crazy!

Up 22' now!

RogerThat99
02-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Damned!!! I missed getting some pics of the Hidden Bridge.

GRADS
02-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Damned!!! I missed getting some pics of the Hidden Bridge.

Actually RT the bridge might still be exposed.

Ziggy
02-11-2014, 12:47 PM
the rise will slow down as the circumference grows....regardless, nice to see it moving in the right direction.
So Cal has a lot of reserve water storage and is struggling with the prospect of having to share it with you NorCal peeps...LMAO. Yesterdays paper had a long article about that in which they are gonna push off the decision til late March and hope you guys get rain/snowpack. Today also marks the request for a voluntary 20% reduction in water use for us socal'ers.

Eli
02-11-2014, 01:10 PM
:shhh: By law you are supposed to leave everything at the lake. ;) It kind of sucks because there was one last area I wanted to pick through but I ran out of time.

Up 22' now!

You're not allowed to unlitter?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ptc
02-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Marin County got 20" over the weekend, largest overall rainfall in NORCAL... Sac county got about 11"..... ! YEA BABY - :raining::raining::raining:

damn drought doubters!!!! Its gonna be a nice SUMMER!!!!!

Ziggy - its cracks me up (and many other Norcallers) that you Socalers believe for a minute that your "water resources" will ever support us up here. WE are your main support along with CO and AZ from the CO river. Without either of those LA would cease to exist unless you figure out a way to desalinize the Pacific. WHich I hear is in the works.... for the past 20 years! lol

Wish you guys would figure something out instead of draining our beautiful lakes for your desserts down there. maybe that comedian Will Durst (that does all the CAL water commercials) can figure something out for ya???? ha!

hbchgirl
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Up 22' now!

:thumbup:

Ziggy
02-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Marin County got 20" over the weekend, largest overall rainfall in NORCAL... Sac county got about 11"..... ! YEA BABY - :raining::raining::raining:

damn drought doubters!!!! Its gonna be a nice SUMMER!!!!!

Ziggy - its cracks me up (and many other Norcallers) that you Socalers believe for a minute that your "water resources" will ever support us up here. WE are your main support along with CO and AZ from the CO river. Without either of those LA would cease to exist unless you figure out a way to desalinize the Pacific. WHich I hear is in the works.... for the past 20 years! lol

Wish you guys would figure something out instead of draining our beautiful lakes for your desserts down there. maybe that comedian Will Durst (that does all the CAL water commercials) can figure something out for ya???? ha!

LOL, I didn't say resources did I? Reserves. So many reservoirs have been built down here we have surplus reserves of all the water we got from NorCal and the Colorado. San Diego, in particular, has extra water we negotiated for with the Imperial County farmers. Something that wrankled the MWD because it was done independently.
My small city of Oceanside has supplemented its water supply(>20%) with a small desal plant since the mid 90's. And in the neighboring city of Carlsbad, they are currently in the middle of a huge desal plant construction.
I wondered if they picked Will Durst for a particular reason? His last name means "Thirst" in German.....:rotflmao:

Boatnaked
02-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Grads now you can go float your new boat off the bottom and take it home!