PDA

View Full Version : Buying a boat at the L.A. Boat Show

GRADS
02-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Who has done it? How many people bought a boat based on what they had seen at the show?

We did in 2006 and we literally had to wait in line to sign the contract. We were one of 29 people who bought an Eliminator at the show that weekend.

I know times have changed and its expensive for floor space, I hope the companies that showed up do well.

HB Vic
02-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Boats were sold today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS
02-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Boats were sold today

That's great to hear especially for a Thursday. :thumbup:

Tishimself
02-06-2014, 11:12 PM
This is the LA boat show. I would say that not only can you get a swinging deal on that floor, but they would probably give you a piggy back ride over to the place where your docs are waiting and a foot massage and an manicure while your signing....LOL....if the sale is big enough, I'm sure a happy ending can be arranged also...these people are hungry to get the year going. :D

GRADS
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
I would say that not only can you get a swinging deal on that floor, but they would probably give you a piggy back ride over to the place where your docs are waiting and a foot massage and an manicure while your signing....LOL....if the sale is big enough, I'm sure a happy ending can be arranged also...these people are hungry to get the year going. :D

LMAO! WOW times really have changed! I spent a quarter of a million dollars and I was told to stand in line behind the next guy until they were ready for us. :yikes: I will Give Bob Leach some big props....Out of the 29 he sold that weekend ours was #2 to go into the mold.

Tishimself
02-07-2014, 12:10 AM
LMAO! WOW times really have changed! I spent a quarter of a million dollars and I was told to stand in line behind the next guy until they were ready for us. :yikes: I will Give Bob Leach some big props....Out of the 29 he sold that weekend ours was #2 to go into the mold.

Your right. times have changed. By the looks of things, a quarter million will get you one of those baller pontoon boats. :D:D:D

HB Vic
02-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Your right. times have changed. By the looks of things, a quarter million will get you one of those baller pontoon boats. :D:D:D

The 29' X 10' Premier with twin 150's is a buck twenty. But it's way bad ass. Pics tomorrow.

Tishimself
02-07-2014, 12:33 AM
The 29' X 10' Premier with twin 150's is a buck twenty. But it's way bad ass. Pics tomorrow.

Money talks, cash shouts. Offer him 80k in cash 5 minutes before the doors close Sunday nite and you have a new boat. Hell, offer him 70 LOL....:D

WMC
02-07-2014, 07:33 AM
I bought my boat at the Pomona fairplex in 0532702

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Slacker
02-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Yeah I have which was about 2003, Phx. Boat Show also in 2012 at the Havasu Boat Show. Back in the early to mid 90's I used to sell boats during Boat Shows in the Denver area. We would sell 30-40 boats a show, they were production boats.

WESTERNAERO
02-07-2014, 11:32 AM
This is the LA boat show. I would say that not only can you get a swinging deal on that floor, but they would probably give you a piggy back ride over to the place where your docs are waiting and a foot massage and an manicure while your signing....LOL....if the sale is big enough, I'm sure a happy ending can be arranged also...these people are hungry to get the year going. :D

You just described the WESTEC machine trade show, to a tee.

ChumpChange
02-07-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm gonna buy one today!

WESTERNAERO
02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm gonna buy one today!

Only thing you'll get with the boat purchase is a Carl's Jr super sausage with extra mayo. :D

CoolCruzin
02-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Bought my 07 cobra two weeks before the LA Boat Show , Got a better deal than at the show if I remember right .

GRADS
02-07-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm gonna buy one today!

Sure you are....maybe set your sights a little lower....like a $10 beer.

Tishimself
02-07-2014, 02:35 PM

He already blew his load on the super sausage with extra mayo....too late...;)

Milkmoney
02-07-2014, 02:37 PM
If it helps I bought a new boat at the okc boat show. So in a round about way I did buy a boat at A boat show :)

GRADS
02-07-2014, 02:42 PM
If it helps I bought a new boat at the okc boat show. So in a round about way I did buy a boat at A boat show :)

I would think a doctor could afford to buy one at every show. ;)

Milkmoney
02-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I would think a doctor could afford to buy one at every show. ;)

I only made it to one show this year so far :)

throttle
02-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Boats were sold today

I know of 3 mastercrafts sold yesterday.

throttle
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM

$7 was the going rate yesterday. And - yes I have bought a boat at the boat show twice.

HB Vic
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
This ones for sale. I think I'll tow it home Sunday :D 32729

throttle
02-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Bought my 07 cobra two weeks before the LA Boat Show , Got a better deal than at the show if I remember right .

That's because we liked you.

throttle
02-07-2014, 02:57 PM

Stop holding back, take the red one... So I don't have to!

HB Vic
02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Stop holding back, take the red one... So I don't have to!

If I sold everything I own I could buy the steering wheel :D

ptc
02-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Matches the motorhome!!!! take it!~

ChumpChange
02-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I know of 3 mastercrafts sold yesterday.

I know of quite a few more production boats sold as well. Good numbers coming in so far.

HB Vic
02-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Matches the motorhome!!!! take it!~

If it would tow it, maybe lol

78Southwind
02-08-2014, 12:51 AM
$7 was the going rate yesterday. And - yes I have bought a boat at the boat show twice.

Be careful when buying drinks at the boat show the booze has to be provided by the Mafioso. Back when the boat show was banging we use to go in large groups and the booze was flowing. Well one year (probably 2005) we go and the prices are outrageous but we're cool with it since we were all having a great time. Well all of our friends leave and MMA and I decided to get another drink before we leave for the night. So we go into a different hall and the drinks are each $3 cheaper in the other hall. So I ask the bartender why are the drinks a different price and she points to the price lists and says they should be the same price throughout the show. I am like that MoFo hide the price list and is charging whatever he wants. I went back, made a stink and got my back. So watch out ....when we were there Thursday he was running the bar. :sheep:

HB Vic
02-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Be careful when buying drinks at the boat show the booze has to be provided by the Mafioso. Back when the boat show was banging we use to go in large groups and the booze was flowing. Well one year (probably 2005) we go and the prices are outrageous but we're cool with it since we were all having a great time. Well all of our friends leave and MMA and I decided to get another drink before we leave for the night. So we go into a different hall and the drinks are each $3 cheaper in the other hall. So I ask the bartender why are the drinks a different price and she points to the price lists and says they should be the same price throughout the show. I am like that MoFo hide the price list and is charging whatever he wants. I went back, made a stink and got my back. So watch out ....when we were there Thursday he was running the bar. :sheep:

Don't buy any drinks tomorrow. Just look for the big blue offensive motorhome and we'll take care of you :D

WESTERNAERO
02-08-2014, 02:45 AM
Don't buy any drinks tomorrow. Just look for the big blue offensive motorhome and we'll take care of you :D

Oh really? We are defiantly coming down for free booze. :shock:

HB Vic
02-08-2014, 03:06 AM
Oh really? We are defiantly coming down for free booze. :shock:

I'm gonna take you up on that :D

niceguyeddie
02-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Here's another question:

If you had a boat built, would you let a mfg use it for display at the boat show?

Stainless
02-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Here's another question:

If you had a boat built, would you let a mfg use it for display at the boat show?

Yea, as long as no one was allowed to get in it. Wouldn't want to find out it was a kids jungle gym while on display.

CH3NO2

SJP
02-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Here's another question:

I really would not be good with it unless it made financial sense. The scratches, zippers, jean rivets and belt buckles would require me to be sedated for the weekend. I apologize if anyone has their boat on display and just read that last sentence. :D

Cigalert
02-08-2014, 08:12 AM
I really would not be good with it unless it made financial sense. The scratches, zippers, jean rivets and belt buckles would require me to be sedated for the weekend. I apologize if anyone has their boat on display and just read that last sentence. :D

I saw a lot of transient types finger banging the crap out of boats yesterday. And it's not like the sales staff is going to be security.

Paul65K
02-08-2014, 08:17 AM

If I had a boat built and it had all of my special "Stuff" on it as well as paying full boat I would say NFW do I want my boat at the show......if on the other hand I found a boat at the show and it was a killer deal I would use all the "Transients" in the boat throughout the show as a negotiating tool to get an even better deal.....not to mention making sure that they color sand and buff out all the scratches prior to me picking up the boat :thumb:............but then again I'm a cheap bastard :D

Singleton
02-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Thought about it when mine was being built and was asked if I would consider it. If it went to the show I told JW to sell it and gave him a price and I was going to build a new one.

Bobby V
02-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Here's another question:

In 98' my Eliminator boat was in the LA Boat show. First day we went. My wife couldn't stay and watch all the people getting inside and wearing watches and bracelets as they were leaning on the boat as they were looking in. I came back another day and was showing my buddy the motor. As I was putting up the engine hatch I got a weird look from the salesman who I didn't know. I told him its ok its my boat. Eliminator took care of the scratches. Worst part was that they sold many boats with my same colors and design. They took 5k off my price to use it in the show but I wouldn't do it again.

GRADS
02-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Here's another question:

Yes I would let them display it with a big flashing sign above the boat that says This is Grads Fucking Boat!

Stainless
02-08-2014, 12:08 PM
yes i would let them display it with a big flashing sign above the boat that says this grads fucking boat!

:D

ch3no2

3queens
02-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Yes
The show in 06 made my decision solid as to what I wanted

Tishimself
02-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Here's another question:

I would be okay with it. Eliminator does a great job of protecting the vessels on their floor...and they don't just let anyone in...I don't think...you need to be someone that is looking on a level everyone else is not. If that makes sense. Yes, they profile people. LOL....so that and they make the boat whole afterwords per MY specs....and all is good in da hood....LOL... ;)

I just feel that the experience of buying something is a lot better with that new car smell. So if the builder wants to use it to say hey, this is who we are, come buy our toy...they need to get the full experience, and that includes sitting in the drivers seat. :D